Did you see Oprah today? Food 101

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Sicilian Mama

Did you see Oprah today? Food 101

Post by Sicilian Mama »

Ohhh weee!!!

I don't usually watch Oprah.. but today... I watched what my DVR taped and I am sooooo glad I did!  It was awesome! 
She and the guy Michael Pollan, the guy that directed Food Inc the documentary were PHENOMENAL,talking about whole foods, and where our food comes from...

I saw the movie a few weeks ago AND IT CHANGED MY LIFE!!! Truly!  My family and I eat soooo differently than we did just a few weeks ago!!!  Really eye opening... and am sooo happy Oprah has this guy on... BILLIONS will see and hear the truth about our food...

I am sooo glad I decided to forgo the chemical and processed food months ago...

Now.. if only LDL can get on Oprah before she retires... IT WOULD BE SO AWESOME!!!
Mary J
Master Member

Re: Did you see Oprah today? Food 101

Post by Mary J »

Yes, I watched Oprah... It was great!  Not sure I could watch Food INC though,, is there a lot of bad scenes with the animals?  I can't watch anything like that.  Just turns my stomach to see animals abused.  I would also like to read The Kind Diet.. by Alicia Silverstone.  Looked interesting.

Mary J
Mary J
FL

Started LDL in Oct 09
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

I think Alicia Silverstone is wonderful... totally a person I would have as a friend...

I know, after LDL, that I can't have wheat products... I now know what they do to me, so this is exactly what my body needs... and a lot of those prepacked things she loved on the show are still highly processed... but she is just awesome...

Yes, the animals are not treated well... BUT.. it is necessary for people to see it so they THINK about their food...I know you know this... but maybe have hubby watch it, and then you can watch it after with him, and he can fast forward the animal harm parts... it's sooo good otherwise...
rodie

Post by rodie »

I also saw most of Oprah,the part with the chickens that could only take a couple of steps and then fall down, made me so darn sad.I'm not sure if I could watch the movie,as I do like meat.I'm not sure if I could go without.I guess it's like they said start with small changes.I'm sure I could go 2-3 days without eating meat.I think I'm going to buy both Michael and Alicias books.
Did anyone catch the date that Dr Oz will be on Oprah talking about diabetes?
TIA
Hugzzzz
Rodie :)

PS  Hey SM, can't wait to try your hamburger salad,sounds yummy!
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

Rodie...

I eat meat...

I just don't buy it now unless it says on the package, grass fed, humanely raised cows,  free range and free ROAMING chickens, and none of them can have any antibiotics or growth hormone...or I wont buy it and will ask where I can buy it the way I want it...

I eat meat about 3 times a week anymore...

So glad you are gonna try the salad... it's yummy!
Mary J
Master Member

Post by Mary J »

Wish we had a store around here where we could buy grassfed meats,,,, but none in my area... would have to travel out of town to find it..

Mary J
Mary J
FL

Started LDL in Oct 09
Scotsgal

Post by Scotsgal »

Hi Mary J,
In UK, we just go online to find organic produce. We can get some in the local supemarket.  Much more to the focus now is that we are very much aware of what is best meat/chicken etc  (not always the cheapest, of course - therein lies a problem)
Produce is becoming more expensive.
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hey SM,

Yes, I was very happy to see the topic on Oprah the other day. I have to say that anytime there seems to be a "Breakthrough" in nutrition, the news always affirms the LDL lifestyle.  :thumbsup:  That just makes me so happy.  :D
So glad we all found our way here. We are all going to grow old together.  ;)

Julie :rose:
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

Julie so true!!!

My life is changed...