Ollie's Thoughts and Things

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
barrypaxton
Master Member

Ollie's Thoughts and Things

Post by barrypaxton »

Thought I would start my own little "blog" here. Feel free to comment anytime. I always welcome input!!!

I bought a bag of mixed fruit at Sam's Club yesterday. It has strawberries, pineapple, peaches, and mango. I put some of it and some orange juice and splenda in my Ninja last night. It made the best smoothie I've had yet!!! I was an ice cream eater (every night no matter what the weather). This smoothie sure takes the place of any desire to have ice cream. I think it even tasted better than ice cream!!!

Many blessings and everyone have a gr8 day!!!
Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
tonz2day

Re: Ollie's Thoughts and Things

Post by tonz2day »

This sounds great.  Was the bag of mixed fruit frozen or fresh?  I'm assuming frozen but you know what that makes me  *evil*
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/weAJS0m/]
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Frozen (6 lb bag). That's why it was so much like ice cream!!!

Ollie

scarlett859

Post by scarlett859 »

I buy the big bag of frozen fruit from Wal-Mart. That's what I make my smoothies with. Since it's been a little chilly here I haven't been making smoothies. I just bought a Ninja blender from Wal-Mart last night so I will be waiting for some warm weather to try it out for smoothies.
[glow=grey,2,300]GEAUX TIGERS![/glow]
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wKZCQDt/]
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

The Ninja works great for pureeing the beans for Pizza soup and mashed potatoes.
I am an ice cream lover and when I decided to get rid of the corn syrup, I could not find any ice cream without it. So we started making smoothies for the kids. They love them more than ice cream and now associate Grandma & Grandpa's with smoothies and it is the first thing they ask for when they visit. Last year we added a little sweetened condensed milk for the kids but now that we have a source for raw milk we will use that this summer. For DH and I, we will stick with just the fruit and ice. After making the smoothies, I pour the smoothies into insulated coffee mugs. Keeps them cold while eating. Putting smoothies in the freezer in the insulated mug also hardens it just like ice cream for eating later. It is too cold here to think about it but looking forward to fixing more this summer. Come on Sunshine!!
Last edited by LINDA RN on February 7th, 2010, 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
abbys mom

Post by abbys mom »

Just curious, how much does the 6 lb bag cost?  I have been wondering if I would save more money than buying the 3lb bag at Walmart.

Thanks, Kathy
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Kathy, The 6 lb bag at Sam's Club was $8.98.

Ollie

abbys mom

Post by abbys mom »

Wow!  I pay $7.98 for the 3lb bag!

Thanks!  Looks like I will have to find a Sam's Club member or start one close by.

Kathy
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

I had the most fabulous lunch today. Had sirloin steak left over from earlier in the week. I sliced it and sauteed it with portabella mushroom and onions. Also had split pea soup I made fresh this morning, a fresh lettuce salad, and WalMart's 4 bean salad. Everything was delicious and very LDL.

Ollie

barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

My confession:
Hi. My name is Ollie and I'm addicted to diet Pepsi.  *evil* For the past decade I have drank 8 to 10 cans a day. I have decided that this is an addiction that I need to break, so last week I limited myself to 1 can a day. Yesterday I decided to eliminate it completely and had none and today I've had none. It's been hard, but so far so good. My DH even bought me so flavorings to put in my water to help me drink water instead of the diet Pepsi.

Prayers please:
Please pray that the Lord give me the strength to do this. I need to kick this habit and start putting healthier liquids in my body.

Many blessings,
Ollie

barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

OK, I made it through day 3 with no diet Pepsi.  :D It wasn't as bad as the first 2 days. Maybe today will be even better.

Blessings,
Ollie

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I have been without electricity, then without internet off and on for a week and wanted to make another comment on the smoothies. Two years ago when I swore off Corn Syrup I had to find a substitute for ice cream so started making smoothies. The smoothie maker I had made much more than the two of us could eat, so the rest we poured into a thermal coffee mug and stuck it in the freezer to eat later. If you want your smoothie more solid like ice cream, freeze it. Having it in the thermal mug kept it colder when eating it, especially in our 100 degree summers.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Today is day 7 with NO diet Pepsi. I am still praying everyday for God to keep me strong in this. So far, so good!!

Many blessings,
Ollie

LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Hi Ollie,

Congrats on kicking the Pepsi addiction.  The good news is that the physical cravings are gone.  Now it's a matter of changing your mindset.  I have found I have greater success when I start calling something out the way I want it to be in a positive manner.  

I used to sign my name (In Faith)  LP.  I signed that way because I was trying to have faith that I would get to where I was going weight wise.  The thing is, is that everytime I typed that, it made me feel like I wasn't trusting God or myself to get there.  I was saying...well I'm fat and I hate it but I'm trying to have faith that I'll get there.  That doesn't sound too uplifiting does it?   One of these beautiful women started a thread on here and it really got me to thinking.  So I started signing my name Fit, Happy and Healthy LP.  Sometimes I even put Fit, Happy and Healthy LP (naming it and claiming it!  :D  )  For me, it just makes a whole different statement.

So maybe in your case, instead of saying, "I'm still praying everyday for God to keep me strong in this"...you could start confessing..."God is so good!  He's completely taken away my desire for Pepsi.  I'm free!"  

If this doesn't work for you, simply disregard.   :tongue:   It's just a friendly suggestion.  Congrats again and welcome to LDL.  

Fit, Happy and Healthy LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by barrypaxton »

Thanks, LP. Truth is I'm still struggling with this everyday. I think it was easier to quit smoking then it is to give up my beloved Diet Pepsi. I'll let you know when I am free of this addiction. In the meantime I continue to turn to God and ask for his help.

Many blessings,
Ollie

RB Kayaking
Master Member

Post by RB Kayaking »

Ollie,

Letting my son drink sodas because everyone else was was about the worst thing I've ever done for him. 

There is a new alert that links sodas with cancer.  Eight teaspoons of sugar per small soda or some kind of chemical sweetner for the diet.

Does that help?

RB Kayaking
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

R B,  I know all the bad things about soda, That's why I'm trying to break the addiction.

I came close to breaking down today. I was teaching first aid and CPR all day at the power plant. They always provide bottled water and soda to drink. I had a cup of coffee this morning then started drinking the bottled water. This afternoon there was no water left and I was really thirsty. I started to reach for the diet Pepsi in the cooler, but talked myself out of it. When I left there, my first stop was at a convenience store to get a bottle of water.

Thank you Lord for keeping me strong again.
Ollie

RB Kayaking
Master Member

Post by RB Kayaking »

Ollie,

If all bad habits were easy to break I wouldn't have any and I'm not about to list my bad habits here, LOL.

RB
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Today is a wonderful day!!!

When I started LDL in October, I was squeezing into size 3X jeans. Today I am wearing my new size 1X jeans!!! Thank you Lord for this wonderful WOE.

Many blessing,
Ollie

lpomlove

Post by lpomlove »

That is so great.  YEAH....