Ollie's Thoughts and Things

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
tprouty
Master Member

Re: Ollie's Thoughts and Things

Post by tprouty »

Woo hoo Ollie!!! Way to go! I'm sure you are looking fine, and feeling proud, and there's a spring in your step and a new sparkle in your eyes!

Yay!!

Terri
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

barrypaxton wrote:When I started LDL in October, I was squeezing into size 3X jeans. Today I am wearing my new size 1X jeans!!!

Wow -- down that much since October!  I hope you got rid of all those sizes before the 1X's because you will never want to be in that size again  *hug*
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Had a luncheon meeting today at a new restaurant. Wasn't sure what to expect. The first thing I saw on the menu was gourmet burgers, wraps, pasta, homemade chips, deep fied seafood, etc. Then I noticed the dinner menu. I ended up eating very lean pork loin, roasted vegetables, and black beans. It was delicious and very filling as there was a lot of it. Others at the meeting were asking how I could eat that way and still lose weight. It was an excellent opportunity for me to tell them about the LDL way of eating. What a blessing this WOE is!!!

Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

Hi Ollie,

You are doing great- one day at a time! :thumbsup:

And isn't it wonderful that we can fill up on delicious LDL foods and still lose weight!! I love to go to the Golden Corral and have all I want of the permitted foods. There is plenty to eat without indulging in the pastas, rice and potatoes. And I don't even miss the desserts! There's plenty of fresh fruit to calm the cravings!

SweetRose :rose:
SweetRose
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Golden Corral is one of my favorite places. Lots of LDL friendly foods. I can eat there and still lose weight. Before this WOE, I never thought that was possible.

Blessings,
Ollie

Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

I just was reading your postings here!  :rose:
You have done amazing!  :rose:
Congratulations on your weight loss and fitting into smaller jeans!  :rose:

That's interesting to hear how LDLunchers eat out and follow the plan.... I often don't recognize the restaurants you folks talk about but someday when I am travelling in the States I will keep them in mind. I have enjoyed taking my Mother to her Vintage Teacher's Luncheon once a month at a local restaurant. I have been so pleased to find out that they will give me a huge amount of vegetables :happy: in place of the potatoes and bread. Not all the restaurants will do that in the area. One of them charged me $3.99 for my Broccoli.  :wacko:
I have noticed my taste buds are changing for the better and I am excited about that!  :)
Blessings to you!
Bethann
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Tried a different recipe today. I made the butternut squash fries. I loved them with malt vinegar on them (tasted like "fair fries" with out the fat). Also grilled a hamburger (93% lean ground sirloin) on my George Foreman electric grill and ate it on corn thins with mustard, ketchup, and dill pickle. Talk about a delicious lunch.

What did you have for lunch? Anyone have any new recipes to share that I might like?

Many blessings,
Ollie

Mary J
Master Member

Post by Mary J »

Hi Ollie,

Your lunch sounds sooo good!  I love the butternut fries!  Well today I did two new recipes...

Chicken Balsamico w/pears (I posted this in the main menu section today)

Whipped parsnips & carrots  (I posted this in the side dishes today)

steamed asparagus

Hubby and I both enjoyed it. 
Mary J
FL

Started LDL in Oct 09
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

Wow, Mary J, can I possibly hire you to be my LDL chef ? ;D

You sure do great things with LDL foods!

Last edited by SweetRose on February 21st, 2010, 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
SweetRose
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Ollie, I'm so proud of you.  You already had  a sparkle in your eyes, and now they will be twinkleling all the time.  As much as you got done while larger, now you will be flying around.  We need to get together for lunch.  I'm glad to be home even though it is sooo cold.  Thanks Mary for posting parsnips and carrots recipe.  They are much better than mashed potatoes.  I too like the butternut fries better than potato ones.  I had another friend thank me for telling her about LDL.  She has lost 14 lbs in 3 weeks without being hungry.  She too had done WW.  She is on cloud nine.  *hug* *hug* to you, JF
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Dear JF,

I have a lot more energy than I had before LDL. It feels great. Can't wait until spring so I can get out and do some walking.

I know of another local person doing LDL. Maybe we should all get together and have a pot luck and bring different LDL dishes and share the recipes. Wouldn't that be fun.

I missed the Senior Center meeting Thursday. I had to help host a funeral lunch. There was lots of food there that would have tempted me before LDL. Didn't tempt me at all. I ate green beans, corn, a beans/peas/corn salad, and a tiny piece of meat loaf. I didn't eat the fried chicken, lasagna, baked spaghetti, ham, sweet potatoes, potato casserole, potato salad, etc, any of the deserts....you get the idea.

Have a great Sunday!!!

Many blessings,
Ollie

Mary J
Master Member

Post by Mary J »

LOL SweetRose,,,, my daughter who is married, wants me to make all her meals for her, kinda like Jenny Craig she said, LOL.... she hates to cook.  I am trying to get her over one day a week to make one or two things she can eat on each week.  Then she would be hooked and want to cook, hehehee...

Mary J
Mary J
FL

Started LDL in Oct 09
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Hey Y'all,

I just wanted to pop in and see how Ollie was doing with things.  I'm so happy to see you are doing great Ollie!  Congrats on the smaller pants!  WOOT!

Mary J please tell me about parsnips.  I've heard of them before but I don't think I've ever actually seen one or eaten one.  I love carrots though.  I'm curious to try this recipe.  I just found out online that you can boil and mash jicama like potatoes as well.  I'm going to try that this week too.

You all are doing great and you add so much to these boards.  Thank you all for sharing and being here.  You help me in so many ways.  :)

Fit, Happy and Healthy LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by Mary J »

I recently discovered parsnips myself... They are sooo yummy!  They are in the carrot family.. even look like carrots except they are white.  They are sold in the produce section, usually right above where the carrots are located.  To me, they are sweet and delish, almost have a slight licorice taste..  Yesterday was the first time I ever boiled them. I like them roasted best of all,,, along with brussel sprouts, onions, carrots and garlic cloves..

Give them a try!  Let us know if you like them too.

Mary J
Mary J
FL

Started LDL in Oct 09
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Thank you Mary.  :)  I will look for them.  If I find them and try them I will let you know. 

Fit, Happy and Healthy LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by Joyful Friend »

Ollie, would love to get with other LDL folks.  I know a lot who have tried and some who like it like you and me.  Some have not had success.  Henry conducted the board meeting-need to go out tomorrow to catch up with the news there.  Shirley tried LDL.  So hope, she stays with it.  I am not tempted with the food.  It's the first time in my life that I have not had food cravings.  Such a wonderful feeling, being free of the fear of staying heavy. Our daughter has been on it and had great success, but has been on a 2 month plateau.  She is trying different things to try to break it. She has stayed right with it.  I think she is not eating enough.  I fixed the parsnips and carrots today---weren't as good as the ship's.  I will continue to work on the recipe until I get it right.  They were almost white with only specks of orange on the ship.  I love them roasted as well.  *hug* *hug* JF 
Mary J
Master Member

Post by Mary J »

Hmmm, guess theres had more parsnips than carrots... Let us know when you tweak the recipe to taste like the one on the ship! 

Mary J
Mary J
FL

Started LDL in Oct 09
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

JF,
Isn't it amazing that you can say that your daughter's weight loss is stalled because she is NOT eating enough? What DIET could you do and make that statement. Love this WOE.

Ollie

barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Got a good chuckle today.  A couple of weeks ago I talked to a lady named Deanna about LDL. Today a friend told me that Deanna is out of town this week and that she had taken a suitcase full of food with her. I asked what she had packed and was told fresh fruit, cans of beans, and bags of microwave popcorn. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, wonder she got the idea to pack that stuff?? LOL.

Blessing,
Ollie

SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

Wow Ollie, you are doing a good job of converting someone to the LDL WOE. Bless you!

SweetRose