Ollie's Thoughts and Things

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
JerrieH

Re: Ollie's Thoughts and Things

Post by JerrieH »

I agree Pam about the parasailing being fabulous.  Years ago when my family went to Florida, my daughter and I went parasailing and it was soooo fun.  I thought it would be scarry up there in the air like that.  But it wasn't.  My daughter and I were both up in the parasail at the same time.  It was so peaceful and relaxing up there.  But it was too short.  It seemed that no sooner than we got up there, the people on the boat were reeling us back in and the ride was over.  Would love to do it again.  Jerrie :)
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Ollie, it was great running in to you today. So glad you had fun on your trip.  I also love parasailing.  It is exciting.  Did it at Myrtle Beach with granddaughter.  :thumbsup: JF
Ginny M.
Master Member

Post by Ginny M. »

Congratulations, Ollie!  :D  :rose: I hope it wasn't too hard to stick to LDL on the cruise.  You did so well.  I have a cruise scheduled for January.  I hope I do as well.

*hug*
Ginny
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

OMGoodness, my house smells so yummy. I bought a food dehydrator and I'm trying it out with apples sprinkled with cinnamon. Smells good enough to eat!!!

Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
JerrieH

Post by JerrieH »

Ollie - let us know how you like your food dehydrator.  I've thought about getting one in the past.  Actually after I tried some freeze dried corn snacks (which are delicious), made by Sensible Foods, I wanted to see if I could duplicate a corn snack like that, but since the corn snacks are freeze dried, they would probably turn out a lot different if they are dehydrated.  If you try any corn in it, I would love to hear how they turn out.  Jerrie :)
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Had my bff Phyllis over for lunch. Fired up the grill and fixed burgers. Also had veggie shish-ka-bobs, wilted lettuce, and iced tea. It was very good and all LDL!!! Love this way of eating!!!

Ollie

lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

sounds good Ollie.. I love grilling :)
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Ollie, how is Phyllis doing with LDL, I remember you saying she was starting. Your lunch sounded great. Never had wilted lettuce, how do you prepare it? And is it a salad? Thanks,  Wither
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Wither, Phyllis is doing great. She's lost 22 lbs in 2 months and she's looking and feeling great!!

For wilted lettuce I start with olive oil in a skillet and stir in cut up green onions (tops and all). I mix a solution of half vinegar and half water and add salt, pepper, and splenda to the solution. After onions start to change color, I add the vinegar solution to the skillet and bring to a boil. I then add leaf lettuce to the skillet and stir around until the lettuce starts to change color just a little. The country way of doing wilted lettuce was with bacon and bacon grease instead of the olive oil. I have also wilted fresh spinach this way. Very good.

Ollie

barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Two years ago Ron bought a large gas grill. He used it once. Today I drug it out of the garage and to the patio, fired it up and cooked lunch. I had grilled sirloin steak, grilled veggies (cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, green and orange peppers, asparagus, and pineapple). I also fixed sweet potato fries in the oven. Lunch was delicious. I love the "Let's Do Lunch" eating plan!!!

Many hugs,
Ollie

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Yummmmmm, Ollie.
Wish I were there  :cool:
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am still on the boards and still following LDL. I just haven't been posting as often as I used to.

Saw Joyful Friend yesterday at the Retired Teachers' potluck. She fixed the Mexican Chicken and it was delicious!!! I took Texas caviar and watermelon. There were several LDL friendly dishes there and I was able to stay strictly with LDL and still have a delicious filling meal.

Many blessings,
Ollie

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Good to see you, Ollie.  It has been so slow on here.  I hope it picks back up after summer vacations.  Pam
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

So true, Ollie.  Good time for all.  The Texas C was luscious.  *hug*  JF
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Oh, must be so nice to go to something like that and know someone else is also going to bring LDL food!!  Love you 2 ladies and wish Ohio was closer to Louisiana!!