Ollie's Thoughts and Things

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Gwennaford
Master Member

Re: Ollie's Thoughts and Things

Post by Gwennaford »

Ollie, my prayers are with you and Ron.  Lifting you both up and praying for strength and courage during his treatment and recovery.  Be sure and send us a postcard from the Bahamas!
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Ron was admitted to the hospital after the procedure placing the stint in his esophagus. We knew this might happen so we came with suitcases. They admitted him because the pain was so bad they wanted to get it under control. So he is getting pain meds thru his IV and also getting liquid nexum thru the IV. Dr says we won't be going home until the pain is gone. We're hoping for tomorrow but will just have to wait and see. Dr had a lot of trouble getting the stint in as the esophagus was almost completely closed. He had to try several times before he was successful.

Take care,
Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Ollie, what a difficult time for both you and Ron.  Better days are definitely ahead for you.  We had a great time at our meeting.  We missed you a lot.  Tim didn't make it, but 40 new people came, as well as several from Monday.  They had a lot of questions.  I had the other room open, so it was more comfortable for all.  They loved our food.  Many are going to try it.  It is difficult for people to grasp the idea of eating all you want when you are hungry.  Once grasped, it is freedom.  Love and prayers, Joyful Friend
rgfd401

Post by rgfd401 »

Sorry JF,
  Had to go to a meeting for the County FD's. Chief couldn't make it so I had to go in place. Sounds like you had a wonderful turnout both nights. Hopefully you'll have another one soon and I can attend it.

Ollie, we will be praying for you and Ron tonight. Hope his pain goes away soon.

TIM
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Ollie, I hope Ron is without pain this morning.  Prayers and love, JF
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Ollie
You and Ron are in our prayers today.  I pray Ron is out of pain and heading home where he will be more comfortable.  I pray strength and peace for you, Ollie.
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Ron's pain is bad this A M. They are giving him morphine and he will be in the hospital again tonight. Please keep praying for him.

Ollie

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

He's in my prayers.  I hope you are soon able to post a positive report.  Pam
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Had a nice surprise today.

Today was my church's monthly food giveaway. We always get it set up and then eat lunch before the giveaway starts. I walked into the kitchen to get my pizza soup out of the frig and one of the ladies' from my church asked if I would like to try some LDL meatloaf. I started questioning her and another lady and found out they had gone to Joyful Friend's Thursday night class. They have both been on the program for week and are loving it. By the way I did try the meatloaf and it was delicious. Now I'm going to have to make some for myself!!

Blessings,
Ollie

Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Ollie, What a nice surprise,  The meat loaf is sooo good.  *hug* *hug* JF
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

My sister-in-law has been here visiting for the last 5 days. She is WW member and losing weight that way (at goal and working on maintenance). I have been feeding her all LDL food and she is now sitting in the recliner reading the book.

For lunch today, we had grilled hamburgers on CT, fried jimica, roasted broccoli and cauliflower, and texas caviar. Everything was so delicious!!!!  :drool:

Blessings,
Ollie

Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

The menu was impressive; I bet Ron's sister couldn't believe that you could eat so well and still lose weight!!!  *love* and prayers  JF 
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

I just got an email from my sis-in-law. She lost 4 lbs while she was here!! I think we have a new convert.

Ollie

Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Ollie, that is great!  :laughing:  JF
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

barrypaxton wrote:I just got an email from my sis-in-law. She lost 4 lbs while she was here!! I think we have a new convert.

Any convert is great news, but one from WW to LDL would be quite an achievement. I hope she sees how easy LDL is and that she can eat until full without weighing, measuring, counting points, and paying to attend meetings.  I was a WW member for three years and lost weight a lot more slowly and was often hungry.  I also found the meetings boring after a while because they didn't involve the audience as much as I would have liked -- meaning that their lectures, led by a paid WW leader, were repeated year after year.  LDL allows us freedoms that WW doesn't have and gives members a chance to be more involved in their struggles to lose weight.  I LOVE LDL!
rgfd401

Post by rgfd401 »

barrypaxton wrote:I just got an email from my sis-in-law. She lost 4 lbs while she was here!! I think we have a new convert.

Ollie

That's what we like to hear. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

TIM
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Sis-in-law bought a Ninja while she was here. She called me last night to ask how I made those frozen banana smoothies. She also wanted to know about the Texas caviar recipe. She wanted to know how much it makes because she is thinking of making it and cutting the recipe in half. She definitely liked the way that she ate while here.

Blessings,
Ollie

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Sounds like she was really satisfied and wants to keep up the great menus. It is great she has you to go to until she gets the plan and menus down. Bet we will be hearing from her. Those of us who do well, want to shout it to everyone and the message boards is one place to share our joys.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

We went for a drive today. Went to a produce farm. Got the first sweet corn of the season, picked fresh this morning. I'm sitting here eating delicious fresh peaches and blueberries and thinking about that sweet corn that I will have with my cowboy pot roast for lunch tomorrow.

Life is very good!!!
Ollie