Wanted to share.....

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Mary J
Master Member

Wanted to share.....

Post by Mary J »

They walked in tandem, each of the ninety-two students filing into the already crowded auditorium. With their rich maroon gowns flowing .. and the traditional caps, they looked almost .. as grown up as they felt. 

Dads swallowed hard behind broad smiles, and Moms freely brushed away tears. 

This class would NOT  pray during the commencements----not by choice, but because of a recent court ruling prohibiting it.

The principal and several students were careful to stay within the guidelines allowed by the ruling. They gave inspirational and challenging speeches, but no one mentioned divine guidance and no one asked for blessings on the graduates or their families. 

The speeches were nice, but they were routine......until the final speech received a standing ovation.

A solitary student walked proudly to the microphone. He stood still and silent for just a moment, and then, it happened. 

All 92 students, every single one of them, suddenly SNEEZED !!!! 

The student on stage.. simply looked at the audience and said,

'GOD BLESS YOU 
And he walked off stage... 

The audience exploded into applause. This graduating class had found a unique way to invoke God's blessing on their future with or without the court's approval. 
Mary J
FL

Started LDL in Oct 09
Mary J
Master Member

Re: Wanted to share.....

Post by Mary J »

Forgot to add this on the end..

This is a true story; it happened at the University of Maryland.
Mary J
FL

Started LDL in Oct 09
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

And a child shall lead them... 
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

Makes me so happy all three of my kids go to private schools.  it makes me sick that some bureaucrat decided that prayer in public school is a bad thing...
Scotsgal

Post by Scotsgal »

Hi All,

Seems to be the same in UK now.  Legisgation to remove the crucifix from schools?.  I appreciate that we need to be in a more open society.  I am all for that ......... but them again what are we for???  Unfortunately our schools (in total) no longer  reflect ANY belief.  This is my worry.  If we are for nothing then what are we for?
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

This is the main reason I have home schooled my children. (So I can share my Faith with them). (Also there is no private school here).
The new high school here there wasn't even a prayer of dedication when they had the opening ceremony .... and they have had a lot more trouble with violence and the police having to come out to the school! I don't think it is just a coincidence!
Last edited by Bethann on March 29th, 2010, 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kwilliams
New, but learning

Post by kwilliams »

It is sad but creative minds led by God shall overcome.
Never give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about...