Waiting on book..help??

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
cmruleman
New, but learning

Waiting on book..help??

Post by cmruleman »

Can someone please give me the run down on how we are supposed to eat during the day? I have yet to receive my book. Isn't it fruit for bkfast, protein for lunch and fruit for dinner? Is it better to do fruits for bkfast or eggs with refried beans? please let me know. i want to do right so that I may shed the pounds already. I am working out everyday and want my eating to be right. Oh...I have already pretty much stopped craving sweets too.

What are the best snack options?
cmruleman
New, but learning

Re: Waiting on book..help??

Post by cmruleman »

Hi Roger Troy...

I have read the FAQs page. I even bookmarked some of the recipes. I had a small smoothie and refried beans with a couple eggs for breakfast. I am not craving the bad stuff as much. I am avoiding breads. I never eat pasta or rice. I am doing fruit, beans, eggs, and salads basically. I am avoiding sugars.

Can we use ff milk in smoothies or is that a no-no? I did frozen strawberries with nonfat yogurt and little bit of milk and splenda. Is that LDL friendly? I want to optimize this plan for weight loss.

Merrie

Matthew 5:16 "let you light so shine before men so that they may see your wondrous works and glorify your father in heaven"
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Can we use ff milk in smoothies or is that a no-no? I did frozen strawberries with nonfat yogurt and little bit of milk and splenda. Is that LDL friendly? I want to optimize this plan for weight loss.

cmruleman try using 1/2 banana with a little bit of unsweetened apple juice and then your frozen fruit for your smoothie and then you won't need the milk or the splenda, and you have a wonderful smoothie...some people also use water in place of the apple juice.

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Restarted LDL on April 11,2012
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

When I make my Creamy Dreamy orange smoothie it is way too thick so in order the the blender to blend it all together I add 100% grapefruit juice because it is supposed to help in weight loss.  I have also added water and it doesn't seem to take away from the taste.  This morning ,being at my mom's house, I didn't have all my smoothie ingredience so I mixed orange juice frozen with strawberries and unfrozen bananas.  It was one of the best smoothies I have tasted.  I didn't have to add some water to thin it. 
I have found the more frozen item I put in the thicker it is so if I usee fresh fruit it gets pretty thin so I add ice.