Applebees and eating??/

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
cmruleman
New, but learning

Applebees and eating??/

Post by cmruleman »

I am supposed to meet a friend for lunch at Applebees today. Any suggestions on what to eat that will keep me in LDL foods? :shock:
CodingQueen
Master Member

Re: Applebees and eating??/

Post by CodingQueen »

Hi cmruleman,

One of my sons use to cook there and he said that they are always willing to remove items that aren't desired by their customers.

I like the grilled chicken that comes smothered with cheese, onions and peppers but I have them leave the cheese off the dish. Plus, I have them remove the croutons from the salad.

CQ
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Hi cmruleman when I go to Applebee's I get the Bar-B-Que chicken salad and have them leave off the bacon, cheese and the croutons, and ask for the dressing on the side....this is a great salad...If my husband is eating the salad with me then I ask for all the stuff on the side and then he will eat them on his salad.

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Restarted LDL on April 11,2012
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

cmruleman
New, but learning

Post by cmruleman »

I went with grilled chicken and steamed veggies
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Excellent choice. I like the sirloin steak also.

Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

I usually order Fajitas and leave out all the gooey stuff but double down on the veggies. They are even willing to make Tilapia fajitas - very yummy.  You'll do great there!  :thumbsup:

Julie :rose:
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Julie,

You love Tilapia don't you? I like it, too.

I just wish my son would give me some of the trade secrets he's learned while cooking at the restaurants he's worked at while going to college. He worked at Brewmasters that served a Steak Diane that was out of this world. Then he went on to Chili's and Applebee's. He's an awesome cook and my uncle has been trying to get him to go to culinary school instead of studying electrical engineering.

CQ
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

I wish that restaurants would offer foods like squash baked fries ( w/evoo), etc. even on a trial basis, just to see how many people would order. If they advertise healthy alternative food items like this I'm sure it would be a successful endeavor on their part.

SweetRose :rose:
SweetRose
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

SweetRose,

Then suggest it....all they can do is laugh at you...so what.

I posted on another thread about how a friend of mine who owns a Chinese restaurant made some changes to satisfy her customers because she knows that a good business person listens to his or her patrons if they want to stay in business...especially now that so many are having to shut their doors. They don't know if you don't tell them.

All you have to do is think about what you want to say and how you want to say it before you to talk to them. Just make sure you present it with facts to back up your request...for example, a lot of people (especially children and a lot of parents are concerned with childhood obesity) love fries but are trying to go lower carb and you feel that the squash or even another vegetable might be a healthier alternative. You want to leave some room for them to work with you and you can do that by mentioning another vegetable in addition to the squash. Believe it not, there is a restaurant down the street from me that serves smashed cauliflower as well as mashed potatoes because someone requested it everytime that went there for dinner. Now, it's on the menu and they serve a lot of it.

CQ
Last edited by CodingQueen on February 20th, 2010, 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.