gotta Vent my story and ask for help

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
cmruleman
New, but learning

gotta Vent my story and ask for help

Post by cmruleman »

Hi there. I am 32 yr old, 5'1 and need to lose a minimum of 50 lbs to be happy, healthy and fit again. I have had this weight on me since my daughters birth 9 1/2 yrs ago. I saw a pic of myself recently and didn't recognize myself. This finally made me snap to attention on my weight. I have done atkins (can't do that one), weight watchers, L.A. weight loss, you name it I've tried it. I started jogging and working out again 2 wks ago. i started LDL a week ago at the recommendation of a friend. So far I am loving this and not craving my downfall...baked goodies. I want to do this...HAVE to do this. It has caused a rift in my marriage for some time now. I am not happy with me and that is the worse thing to be being I have 2 young children at home. I started all this 2 wks ago at 191 lbs...I am as of this morning 187 lbs. I am still waiting on my book as of yet as well. I would love any and all advice on how to best utilize this diet. I need my happiness back ASAP. I want to be proud of myself and for my husband and children to be proud of me. I want to look like my hubby and I belong together as well. Dear lord please help me in my journey and bring helpful caring people into my life right now. I want my marriage solid again and I need your strength and guidance to do so. Thank you for bringing LDL into my life and the LDL peeps to help keep me on track. Thank you....amen
LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: gotta Vent my story and ask for help

Post by LINDA RN »

Where 2 or more agree it shall be done.....I agree with you in Jesus Name
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

cm,

I would suggest that until you get your book and read it that you stick to fruit, eggs and/or beans for breakfast; meat, salads, soups, and veggies for lunch; fruit, veggies and/or beans for dinner; and popcorn for snacks. Roger says that when you are just starting out, eat until you are stuffed and can't eat any more. Eat whenever you are hungry, even between meals. Don't forget to eat lots of fruit, beans, corn, and peas. I've figured out that on this eating plan it's not important how much you eat, but it is important what you eat.  Check out the recipes on this board. there are some very good ones.

Many blessings and keep us posted on how things are going for you.
Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

I find that when I get low and think I can't do it I go to the boards and read all the encouragement there! That really helps me! Sometimes I may visit 3 or four times a day. It helps to know we are not in this battle alone. You are very young and have a liftime ahead of you and a beauiful family lot's of reasons to hang in for. I have faith in you that you will lose ALL that weight. Stay close and ask all the questions you need too, there are lot's of very nice people here to help.
wither
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

The answer is coming, you are heading the right way!
God will answer your prayers and this way of eating and support here is very wonderful and helpful!
Thinking of you with Love and prayers-
from Bethann  :rose: