What is your favorite...

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
cmruleman
New, but learning

What is your favorite...

Post by cmruleman »

what is your favorite for each meal?

breakfast ?
lunch ?
dinner ?
snack ?
yummy treat ?

I am curious to see the variations for meal ideas for myself as well. Thanks!
Last edited by cmruleman on February 23rd, 2010, 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CodingQueen
Master Member

Re: What is your favorite...

Post by CodingQueen »

Lunch, of course, that's when I get to pig out... :laughing:

Seriously, I'd have to think about my favorite. There are so many good recipes on and off the boards that I enjoy.

CQ
cmruleman
New, but learning

Post by cmruleman »

so far  am eating fruit rather than smoothies for breakfast
so I eat cantaloupe and a banana

lunch I like grilled chicken on fresh spinach

dinner is whatever fruit or bean I feel like at the time

smoothies are harder for me b/c I get cold easily and they really make that worse for me in the chilly weather LOL

I haven't found a snack yet...
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

I'd have to say my favorite snack is corn thins topped with refried beans, shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, onion and lots of jalapenos. I just can't eat it that often because the corn thins stall me just like popcorn.

CQ
cmruleman
New, but learning

Post by cmruleman »

I am cooking Lima Beans all day to day for dinner tonight
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

cmruleman I also got up this morning and cooked a big pot of Large Lima Beans, just feed some to mother for her lunch.  She loved them, this was my first time cooking dried Lima beans...I think they turned out very good.  Will eat me some for lunch.

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Restarted LDL on April 11,2012
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

L8EEBug
New, but learning

Post by L8EEBug »

I have a new favorite.....

Ground turkey with an egg and mashed beans (been using black beans) with various spices, mrs. dash, etc....browned in some olive oil spray and salsa to garnish.

And I love corn thins sprayed with olive spray and sprinkled with sea salt.

I am saddened to see that corn/popcorn/corn thins stalls some people weight loss.....I don't know what I would do without my corn products.....it is so odd how different foods effect people differently.
Mary J
Master Member

Post by Mary J »

I have several lunch favorites..

Balsamic-Blueberry glazed pork tenderloin with roasted veggies... thats what we are having tonight...

Little Mary's Shepherds Pie, Tamale Pie... most all of Little Mary's recipes!

Unstuffed cabbage from Vickilynn

Oh gosh,, way to many to list, LOL...

Oh and we had the Easy Mexican Chicken( with corn on the side) recipe last night, another really tasty dish...

Mary J
Mary J
FL

Started LDL in Oct 09
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Right now my favorite is pizza soup with ground meat & mushrooms and chunks of zucchini, onions and bell pepper
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

CQ,

Do you find that the corn thins and popcorn stall your weight loss if they're consumed at dinner or later in the evening as a snack; how about if you eat them earlier in the day?

I haven't tried eating corn thins in the evening. I'm thinking that they would stall me. I haven't had a problem with popcorn so far.

SweetRose :rose:
SweetRose
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

SweetRose,

I only eat fruit for breakfast and dinner.

If I do eat corn thins it's for lunch if I've had to switch my main meal to dinner (using the above recipe). Or, if I feel that I need a couple of crackers so to speak to go with my soup at lunch...like tomato, etc. The popcorn is definitely an every now and then item because like the corn thins, it does stall my weight loss...and it's usually because I didn't eat enough for lunch (doesn't happen often) and I feel that I need a snack to get me through the rest of the afternoon that's not messy while working in my office on my computer. I'll also use hummus and veggies for those situations.

CQ
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

Thanks CQ!

SweetRose :rose:
SweetRose
Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

For Breakfast I like a banana and refried beans on cornthins
Lunch-Baked chicken and salad
Dinner spiniach salad with black bean/corn salsa and grapes
If I snack I love air popped corn
Clown Lady
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
Sneaky Snoopy
Master Member

Post by Sneaky Snoopy »

My favorites:
B - Hot Fruit Pie
L - Chicken with hot wing sauce on it
D - Grilled onion with corn, asparagus, mushrooms and red bell pepper.  tasty!
Snack - Popcorn
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

My favorite is the butternut squash fries for lunch. Second favorite is the roasted veggies (mushrooms, onion, green or red peppers, cauliflower etc.).

Blessings,
Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Well, I think everyone knows that my favorite soup is "Niki's Favorite Bean Soup" -- Niki just should change the name, since I eat her soup just about every day. (Crickadoodle's Favorite Bean Soup, that has a nice honest ring to it.  :laughing: ) It is very hearty and all those yummy beans and veggies.  It is like a cross between chili and minestrone, I guess, with the chili powder, cumin and oregano and tomatoes too.  My favorite lunch is my husband's fajitas wrapped in a lettuce leaf -- I ate this a lot during the time I was losing all my weight.  I'd get extra chicken breasts, so he'd make way too much for us to eat, and then we'd have to eat them all week long -- darn!  :laughing:  :inlove:  :drool:  I'm getting ideas that it is time for more fajitas.  Breakfast and dinner are fruit for me too -- I like so many different kinds -- pineapple, honeydew melons, cantaloupe, grapes, pears, watermelon (when in season), bananas, blueberries, naval oranges, satsumas (when in season), etc.  Thank You, God, for creating such a bounty for us to enjoy! 

Oh, this week 2 stores were out of bananas when we went shopping -- big banana display areas --- empty! "Yes, we have no bananas!"  One place actually had 5 loose bananas and I took them all.  They looked pathetic by themselves.  :'(  Today I went to Sam's and they had plenty.  I bought 9 lbs.  I joked with my husband on Sunday night -- when we went to the first store with the 5 lonely bananas -- that it was after my class and the people in my class beat us to the store and bought all the bananas!!  :shock:  Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to start this class.  It might make it hard for me to get the fruit I need.  :D 
jaydensmommy

Post by jaydensmommy »

Smoothies for breakfast, hot blueberry "pie"

I love the butternut squash fries (had some tonight and now it's my nephew's new favorite as well as my son's favorite now).  Anyone who tastes them loves em.

I used to hate vegetables, but didn't realize until LDL that it was because my mom didn't know how to prepare em.

Also, my newest favorite is this vegetable beef soup recipe I just tried a few days ago.
Debbie B