THE RACE ON THE LOOSE CABOOSE

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
tprouty
Master Member

Re: THE RACE ON THE LOOSE CABOOSE

Post by tprouty »

I wouldn't want to be pulling a trailer in this wind, either, Wendy! Wow! Sometimes you almost can't stand up in it!

The Texas Roadhouse just opened in CDA. I haven't been there yet, either. Give us your review when you get home. I'm curious.

Have a safe drive!
Terri
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

jjelli wrote: I purchased Hummas, it is so good.   I'm going to make my own, but was wondering if it really needs the ground sesame seeds it calls for in the receipt?      jj

If you search the recipe boards for "hummus" you will find many great recipes.  You are right, we don't use the tahini paste.  
Last edited by Gwennaford on May 3rd, 2010, 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
Sneaky Snoopy
Master Member

Post by Sneaky Snoopy »

ANNOUNCER - DINKER IS THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS NOT REPORTED BUT OUR TOTALS ARE GREAT.  OUT OF THE 14 RACERS, 2 WITH A NO WEIGH IN, THE REMAINING 12 LOST A TOTAL OF 13 POUNDS.

TOP LOOSERS THIS WEEK ARE:
GWEN - 3 LBS
KATHIE - 3 LBS

AND A SPECIAL HORRAY TO:
JJELLI - 1 LBS
JAYDENS MOMMY - 1 LBS
PATNS - 1 LBS
FOR YOUR FIRST POINT OF THE RACE.  YOU ARE ON A ROLL, EARN ANOTHER POINT NEXT WEEK TOO.
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Wendy we have Texas Roadhouse around the Burleson area and I love them, they have steaks, salads.  Thats about all I have eaten there.  And it was good.

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Restarted LDL on April 11,2012
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

RB Kayaking
Master Member

Post by RB Kayaking »

Wahoo, you guys are doing good.

The fruit of the week is papaya.  It's soo yummy.  Slice it in half, scoop out the seeds.  Peel and eat.

Spritz with a very good oil and with a light hand sprinkle cayenne pepper on them.  Oh, my gosh.

Chunk them up into bitesize bites and freeze.  RT these are better than grapes.

Enjoy the train trip and do try the papayas.

RB
jjelli

Post by jjelli »

Hi Gwen & Thanks SS,
I'm glad you don't need the tahini paste,  at the graocery store here it costs $9.59 for a pint size jar and the receipt calls for 1 tablespoon.  Good luck next week.    jj
dinker

Post by dinker »

Sorry...didn't get to a computer yesterday.  I was up to 175 on Monday morning but I ate fruit all day yesterday and was curious this morning and down to 172.  I ate terrible on the weekend but it gave me my resolve back.
Congrats to everyone who is doing so well.  Look out because I have added coal and am making steam for the train..........
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wVNzKsO/]
Image"Nobody gets to live life backward. Look ahead, that is where your future lies."
redkat

Post by redkat »

You all are doing so great on this train.  Maybe I should have gotten aboard at the station, but I have this phobia of posting my weight online.  I know, just a number, but its mine!  But I am with you in spirit.

RB, thanks for the info on the papaya.  It's one of those things I see in the stores, but didn't know how to eat it.  Maybe I'll give this one a try.  (Took me a long time to brave the mango, but I now live it!).
Kathy
Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

Loven LDL  Julie has a great hummas LDL friendly reciepe.  I think it is in the San Antonio thread.
Clown Lady    It is realy good  she served it at her house for all us us.
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
dinker

Post by dinker »

Did you eat the hummus with corn thins
Image"Nobody gets to live life backward. Look ahead, that is where your future lies."
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

I eat at the Texas Road House in Ashland, Ky., quite often.  Grilled Salmon and grilled vegetables are great.  Their ribs and steaks are also great. You can sniff the bread. :laughing:  JF
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

OML, just got back from Sam's Club stocking up on fresh fruit....I got 2 medium watermelons, 4 lbs of strawberries, 3 lbs of green grapes,  6 lbs of oranges, 5 lbs pears, 6 lbs Red delicious apples, (already had 5 lbs of Grannie smith apples), 9 lbs of banana's and about 11 lbs of mango, (which is about 2 dozen mango's)... :D  :D  :D  I still had some grapefruit and Kiwi so did not buy any of them....I also got some sirloin steaks to fix for next Monday (May 10Th) for our special day....lets see if he will remember.  After getting home and putting the things up I ate 1/4 of one watermelon one of the mango and a pear and now I am so stuffed...don't think I will be able to eat for several hours....but man every thing was delish...

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

Sneaky Snoopy
Master Member

Post by Sneaky Snoopy »

Deborah - I think I would like to come over to your house for dinner.  All that fruit sounds delish.  I am just down to some watermelon and grapes.  I need to go shopping.
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Come on over  Sneaky Snoopy I will share some of my fresh fruit with you....

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

We are finally back and ready for bed.  I never made it to the Texas Road House because there was going to be a 3 hr wait before they could take us and that would have put us at 9 pm so we ended up at the Timber Creek  in Spokane on Argon.  It was ok!
So we will have to try again and call in earlier to get seating earlier.
Sneaky Snoopy
Master Member

Post by Sneaky Snoopy »

ANNOUNCER - OUR TRAIN IS MOVING WITH 13 MORE CITIES.  IN ORDER I WILL LIST ALL FOR THOSE WHO ARE FOLLOWING ALONG WITH A MAP.

HOBBS
HUMBLE CITY
LOVINGTON
MCDONALD
TATUM
CROSSROADS
MILNESAND
PEP
DORA
PORTALES
FARWELL
CLOVIS  - AND RESTING AT
MELROSE

I HAVE TO SAY THAT IT IS SURE NICE NOT TO STAY TOO LONG AT MCDONALD.  I HOPE EVERYONE PICKED UP SOME PEP WHEN YOU GOT RID OF YOUR POUNDS IN FARWELL.  WE WILL NOT GO BACK TO PICK UP ANY DISCARDED WEIGHT.  SORRY. 

OUR NEXT CITY IS FORT SUMNER.
dinker

Post by dinker »

Sound like you have a great place to buy fruit.  I just have to go to the store and it is less than perfect and pretty expensive.  But I still buy it because I tell my husband I'm worth it.  Can't wait til watermelons start being sold along the road here.  Won't be long.  The grapes are getting cheaper but don't seem as sweet.
Sneaky Snoopy
Master Member

Post by Sneaky Snoopy »

ANNOUNCER - IT'S ANOTHER WEEKEND APROACHING.  DON'T BE MISS GUIDED OVER THE WEEKEND.  MAYBE TAKE A WALK IN THE NICE WARM SUN.  I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE EVERYONE CHECK IN.
patns

Post by patns »

It is quiet in here this weekend. I'll weigh-in first. I'm at 157, down one pound

Pat