THE RACE ON THE LOOSE CABOOSE

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
mrsj
Master Member

Re: THE RACE ON THE LOOSE CABOOSE

Post by mrsj »

Thanks Linda!  I definitely enjoy the fun of the people on this train!  *love*
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

It's all about how bad do you want to keep the weight off and lose more. It's a mind set not to gain it back and to move forward.
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

You are so right Wither. I have to WANT to lose the weight enough or WANT to keep it off enough in order for me to stay focused on eating LDL foods.  The thought helping me at this time is how someone here phrased it: Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.  Who said that or something like that?

So what's my biggest problem in getting off plan in the first place?  For me, it's been illness in close family members (husband, father, mother) and handling my emotions (stress) while we are living together and dealing with it together.  I can get soooo sidetracked at these times.
I know some of you deal with that now and stay strong, thank God.
I can't imagine going through these things without our Father in Heaven!

Also said a lot on here is "Keep on keeping on".
I will!
mrsj
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Thanks all for the encouragement! I do want to do this! I have the mindset, but I am just so weak at times. I did ok the last few days so I am on the road!! I can do this! We can do this! MrsJ I am glad that picture makes you smile. It was the best before picture I could find that really made me look obese (I have to laugh, who wants to find a picture that makes them look obese??) I am showing off my very first ankle bracelet that my daughter gave me for my birthday! I can't wait to put a much better during picture up after I lose at least half my pounds - LindaRN I will need your help again with that!
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

I hope you all know that when I say things like mindset, have to want it, be strong, I am talking to myself too. At times we all are faced with stress that can really mess us up. Inculing me. So I know together we can all pull out and move forward to a much thinner body......Good Luck all and stay strong!  *hug*  wither
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

I  backslid into my old eating ways and now have returned to LDL. I  live alone so I didn't even have the excuse of someone else bringing junk food into the house. However, since I've been back I haven't had any cravings for sweets like I did the first time around. I'm not really a fruit lover- can only eat certain fruits when I'm really thirsty. When I did LDL the first time I was forcing myself to eat fruit and I really didn't like it. Now I eat it only when I crave something cold to drink. I've also found that eating dried fruit with no added sugar really takes my cravings away for other sweets. I don't overeat them, however. I can't afford to because they are spendy! If I eat one bag a day that is 2 fruits. My favorites are the bananas and strawberries. The brand I get is called Just tomatoes ( I guess the company started off making dried tomatoes ) and nothing is added to the fruits I get.

When I was eating everything I wanted, sure it was fun, until I looked in the mirror and saw the weight returning. I thought to myself: if  I look so fat on the outside, what must I be doing to my inside? The fat must be crowding out my organs big time. When I thought of that it made me want to get back on the LDL train again.

I've discovered that if I want to lose the weight, and do it the healthiest AND the most fun way, then the LDL WOE is it !

SweetRose :rose:
SweetRose
rodie

Post by rodie »

Ok I have to jump in here and ask a question that I guess I really don't understand.Everyone always says (no sugar added),as in the previous post from Roger about the dried fruit,I once got a bag of dried mango from sams club,it is soooooo high in sugar.Now is that ok? Is that natural sugar or how does a person know if that add more sugar,like in orange juice,tomato sauce etc.Everything I look at no matter what it is has sugar.
TIA
Hugzzz
Rodie :)
lrainbow2006

Post by lrainbow2006 »

Go by the ingredients list...if it has sugar listed there...then it's a no-no.  I'm thinking if the list just has the fruit alone and the nutrional values are still high in sugar..it's ok to have because it's all natural.  I go by the ingredients first, nutrition label second.  Hope that's right.

Started LDL  6/14/10
                  7/11/10  16# gone
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Monday morning. Still the same no loss, no gain.  :)
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Good job Wither!
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Well, I was up 3 lbs today.  :thumbdown:
Retaining water  :poo:
Been waiting for Ollie to get on and post her new picture to her profile.
She looks wonderful! She posted it on Facebook yesterday.
I uploaded it to the "After LDL" gallery if you want a sneak peak!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
knighte

Post by knighte »

Dh and I weighed in today. Dh has lost 7.8 pounds and I have lost 22.6 pounds in 2 months.... total, eating all the healthy foods we want yea! I can not thank God enough for blessing Roger with this plan and having him share it with the world. 
P
E
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Knighte
Congratulations on such success to you and your DH.  You are just one more to prove LDL is the best eating plan in the world.
mylifeforhim

Post by mylifeforhim »

Knighte, Congratulations!  :thumbsup:
“Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. At all the times you can. To all the people you can. As long as ever you can.” ― John Wesley
The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you. From a dear Friend!
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Yeah!!! Knighte- You have done a wonderful job of making LDL your successful way of eating.  You go girl :rose:!!!  Pam
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

knighte,

Sounds like you are off to a great start. When I started LDL, I lost 10 lbs per month for the first 3 months for a total of 30 lbs. Then it slowed down to about 1 or 1.5 lbs a week which is more normal weight loss.

Keep on keeping on!!
Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
knighte

Post by knighte »

Thanks everyone. DH and I feel so much better eating this way and of course the weight loss doesn't hurt either.  :angel:
P
E