THE RACE ON THE LOOSE CABOOSE

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Re: THE RACE ON THE LOOSE CABOOSE

Post by wendysgoodnews »

What happened to Jaydensmommy?  She was supposed to weigh in on Friday but I didn't ever see the weigh in.  Did I miss it?
jaydensmommy

Post by jaydensmommy »

Hi wendy.  I checked in (page 12).  No loss this week.  Thank you for thinking about me.
Debbie B
dinker

Post by dinker »

Sorry to be late.  I guess I wasn't in a hurry because I weighed in at 173.  God help me please.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wVNzKsO/]
Image"Nobody gets to live life backward. Look ahead, that is where your future lies."
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Thanks Jaydensmommy for letting me know.  As I go thru the day and try to keep track I don't always catch it all.
Sneaky Snoopy
Master Member

Post by Sneaky Snoopy »

Thanks Dinker - Hang in there.  We will strap you the the caboose with Velcro.  There is no way out of the caboose except through SKINNY TOWN!  *woot*  Have a sweet piece of pineapple and some Earl Grey tea.
Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

Dinker hang in there.  We are here for you.  When going gets rough stand up turn around and sit down and the world will be a brighter place.  It works.  It changes your mind thought.  I am enjoying the places we are visiting.  I hope we get a group discount at Carlsbad Caverens.  I just love that place.
Keep up the good work
Clown Lady
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
RB Kayaking
Master Member

Post by RB Kayaking »

Love Carlsbad.  Always wanted to take the special lantern tour but my son wasn't old enough at the time.  Plan on going back to do the spider crawl--should be great with all the energy that I have now.

RB
jjelli

Post by jjelli »

Hi! I'm back from my brother's in alabama and its so late and I'm so tired.  I'll report in the morning.    *love*    jj
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Don't know whats going on but with everything else I am now having computer problems.  I will be reading the post or emails and my screen will go white, and I have to hit ctrl, alt delete and start service manager to end the task, but the screen will stay white and I can't get back to the desktop again with out rebooting the computer.  I am going to back up everything just in case the computer is going to crash, if that happens then I will not be online for quite a while, or until I can get my computer fixed or a new one.  But I will continue to do LDL.  Hope to be able to post once in a while during the race.

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Restarted LDL on April 11,2012
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Here's hoping your computer starts behaving itself!  It wouldn't be the same around here without you  *hug*! Pam
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

sounds like a problem with your internet browser. Try downloading a different browser and see if that helps. I sometimes use internet explorer and sometimes I use Mozilla Firefox. If you google them, you should be able to find free downloads.

Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

I am enjoying this train so much!  I look forward to reading it every day to see how everyone is doing.  Many Thanks to our conductor and race official, Ms. Snoopy!  :thumbsup:
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

me too!        wither
Sneaky Snoopy
Master Member

Post by Sneaky Snoopy »

The vegetable of the week is Artichoke.  I eat it plain with a squeeze of lemon.  It takes a long time to eat the leaves so it makes me eat slower.  I hope you enjoy.

I been on some runs and walks this week.  I am set on getting out of the 60's.  Lets get fired up and loose inches.  *evil*  I'm in a race.  *evil* 
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I am loving spinach right now!  I used to love spinach when I was a little girl and in school people made fun when people liked spinach -- so I didn't admit it for a while.  :thumbdown:  You know, we always had it when they'd just cut the grass -- at least, someone would always say that.  When I was in the hospital as a 6 yr. old, they served spinach on day.  I asked for seconds of the spinach!  Well, right after this, a child psychologist ended up coming to interview me.  ( or maybe it was a project for someone attending our local university or something)  We've always thought that was funny, though.

Also, I cooked okra this week that was really yummy.  I usually did it with Rotel tomatoes, but I was out of those, so I used the inexpensive salsa from WalMart, instead.  I sauted a frozen onion, celery and bell pepper mix in some extra virgin coconut oil (or use extra virgin olive oil).  Then I added the frozen okra and cooked for a while.  Then I added the salsa.  Everyone loved it and I think this is how I'm going to start doing it.  I'd fix it for my husband and not eat any, because I didn't really like the Rotel.  The salsa is delicious to me, though.  Mom raved over it. 
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Sneaky Snoopy wrote:The vegetable of the week is Artichoke.  I eat it plain with a squeeze of lemon.  It takes a long time to eat the leaves so it makes me eat slower.  I hope you enjoy.

You can have mine.  I can't seem to develop a taste for them.  Eggplant, either.  I have tried to love them, but I just don't.   :poo:

I do enjoy the artichoke hearts canned in brine, but that's not really the same thing.  I'll have to get Sicilian Mama to cook eggplant for me someday & show me what I'm doing wrong.  I love them in Grilled Vegetable Ratatouille -- but just to eat them alone,  :poo: :poo:

• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

My sentiments exactly, Gwen, on the eggplant. Kept thinking I needed some spaghetti sauce.  :poo:

I fell in love with roasted fresh beets tonight (well no too fresh). Bought a bunch (3) at WalMart last weekend (had the tops still on). Peeled and sliced them tonight. Put them on the pan on the elevated rack of the Turbo. Brushed them with liquified EVCO and sprinkled with the last of my Real Salt. Cooked them at 400 for 20 min, then turned them over and cooked for another 15. Sooo yummy.  :drool:
Had a time slicing two of them. Gotta get some sharper knives or buy the smaller beets.  ;)
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

After reading Sicilian Mama's blog, I was inspired to try roasted eggplant.  One was blah and one was downright bitter.  What a disappointment.  Pam
Country Girl

Post by Country Girl »

I have always love spinach, too!  It's been a favorite since I was a baby.  I love it fresh, frozen, or canned.  I guess that's why I've always been partial to Popeye!  :)  I've had artichokes in dips, but have never tried one by itself.  I'll have to give it a try! Country Girl
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

If you love spinach, you will LOVE Sician Mama's Rags Soup
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...