THE RACE ON THE LOOSE CABOOSE

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Re: THE RACE ON THE LOOSE CABOOSE

Post by wendysgoodnews »

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!
I am excited and ready to go.
I am weighing in at 309 lb today.  I am from Hamilton, Montana so I have a long trip to make it to Florida in that pink caboose but I know I will enjoy the ride.
Sneaky Snoopy
Master Member

Post by Sneaky Snoopy »

Thanks, Wendy. 

ANNOUNCER - I SEE A LATE RUNNER FOR THE TRAIN, IT'S DINKER.  RUN GIRL, YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS THE TRAIN.  THIS WILL MAKE US A GROUP OF 10.  YEA!

ALL ABOARD!
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Count me in too!!! Monday's will be my weigh in day. Weighed 176 this AM. My goal is 140 so I've got a ways to go yet. Look out, here I come!!!

Take care,
Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Go, team, go!

or like we spell it in Cajunland  -- Geaux, team, geaux!  

"Go" and "geaux" sound exactly the same.  It's like fake French.   :)

Now, you can all focus on eating right and getting to your goals in as short and healthy a period of time as necessary.  Do things to increase your metabolism, like weight bearing exercises.  I was able to maintain losing 2-3 lbs. a week, as long as I stayed the course -- fruit for breakfast and dinner, with a big lunch of lean meat, veggies and bean soup.  (I walked most days in the AM and added weight bearing exercises 2 - 3 times a week.)

Oh, did you know that doing your exercise in the morning makes you burn calories at a higher rate all day long?  This is a short term metabolism boost, while weight bearing exercises produce a long term metabolism boost.  Increase your muscle mass and you will burn more calories at rest.  True that muscle weighs more than fat, but it takes up much less space.  You will be smaller.  Even though I was increasing in muscle, I still lost in lbs.  -- so don't fear muscle.  Muscle is your friend!   :D  You will be stronger and healthier and lose faster with more muscle.   :thumbsup:
Sneaky Snoopy
Master Member

Post by Sneaky Snoopy »

Thanks DoodleBug - I'm going to get some weights.  *evil* I'm in a race and going to kick some dust up.

Ollie - I got your ticket, come on board.  Welcome to the HOT Pink Caboose.  You are right there with me as far as goals go.  and Wither is 30lb to her goal.  This is a real race.  Giddy Up.  *woot*

(slow and steady 1 to 3 lbs per weak for safe weight loss  :tongue: )
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Snoopy 151 is correct for me. This is FUN already, thanks Snoopy for all your efforts. You are making it Very exciting. So glad there are so many joining us! The will be a Great ride! I will lose this coming week!  Wither
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Sneaky Snoopy wrote:Gwenn - Good news is that everyone gets to start with a clean chart.  Bad news is you only get this one clean chart.  It is all down hill from here.  As for that Dust thing...You have to catch me first  *evil* .  I have my running shoes on  ;D .

Well, Snoopy, I have already lost 95 pounds and since I have so much more to lose, I'm a shoo-in!  How much have YOU lost since starting LDL?  *evil*

Loves, Gwen
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
dinker

Post by dinker »

I want on board.....NOW!  LOL
I am weighing in at 171 and I want my weigh in day to be Monday so it keeps me honest on the weekend.
All Aboard......................
Last edited by Anonymous on April 12th, 2010, 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wVNzKsO/]
Image"Nobody gets to live life backward. Look ahead, that is where your future lies."
Sneaky Snoopy
Master Member

Post by Sneaky Snoopy »

Gwenn - I have lost 38lbs. on LDL.  I started July 2009.  I so look forward to the skinny me that is inside.  *love*

Dinker - Welcome aboard.  You just made it.  Grab a cup of tea and relax in the Caboose.  :thumbsup:
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Snoopy, you're looking pretty fantastic in the SA pics.  Seriously, keep up the GREAT work.  I am very sorry I haven't able to follow your race with CL up 'til now.  How much more do you think you want to lose?

Gwen
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
jjelli

Post by jjelli »

Hey  Snoopy, 
Here's one to put on the map...."Winner"  SD    No looser here.... just winning to my goal!!!!  jj
Sneaky Snoopy
Master Member

Post by Sneaky Snoopy »

Gwenn - I would like to loose 32 more.  That would get me to 135.  I don't know what the scale will do once I reach my goal.  Maybe it will go lower, who knows.  The first race helped my mom and I stay focused.  I hope the Caboose will do the same with you.

JJelli - Do you live there or did you just find this winner of a town?  I think the train will have to go through Winner.
dinker

Post by dinker »

I live in Sebring Florida which is known for the 12 hours of Sebring "race" each year.
Image"Nobody gets to live life backward. Look ahead, that is where your future lies."
jjelli

Post by jjelli »

This is where I live.    Winner  Winner    Winner    *love*  jj
Sneaky Snoopy
Master Member

Post by Sneaky Snoopy »

JJ - that is cool. . . but just because you live in winner doesn't meen that you are going to win this race.  *evil* You and a few others are almost at goal.  It is a mini race to goal.  *woot*  I will see you there.

Dinker - being in florida, I expect to see you at the next convention.  At least for one of the days.  :cool:
redkat

Post by redkat »

I love reading about all of you "racing".  A question, though....what will determine the winner???  Total WEIGHT lost or BIGGEST PERCENTAGE OF BODY WEIGHT???
Kathy
dinker

Post by dinker »

I am going to do my best.  If it is over Veterans Day in November that would be great since that is a bank holiday.
Sneaky Snoopy
Master Member

Post by Sneaky Snoopy »

RedKat - you get one point a week for weight loss.  no points for gain, maintain or re-loosing gained weight.  The one with the most points wins.  It is 81 weeks until Key West  :shock: Possible points is 81.  This is a big-long race.  I expect over half will reach their goal during the race.  When this happens they will get one point for keeping their goal weight  *woot* .  There could be some ties and close finishes.  It will be entertaining.

ANNOUNCER - WITH THE DATE PICKED FOR KEYWEST THE LAST WEIGH IN WILL BE OCTOBER 31, 2011.  THIS GIVES SNOOPY SOME TIME TO TALLY THE SCORES AND PACK FOR KEY WEST.  I HOPE EVERYONE WILL START SAVING THEIR PENNYS AND COME TO KEY WEST.  THE WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED IN KEY WEST.
Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

Hay fellow racers. This thread is sure making me think before I eat.  Crickadoodle I am going to try the walking in the a.m.  It is going to be exciting visiting all the new towns around our wonderful USA.
Clown Lady.  Come back for tea as when we reach Key West we are turning the caboose loose
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Clownlady, You don't have to think, just EAT, EAT, Eat LDL foods, and you will be out of that caboose, and just maybe Snoopy will have a pink bikini for you.  The race is a long one--Just remember the turtle and the hare--sure and steady wins the race.  Oh, I forgot, we're on a train.  I mean I think I can, I think I can!!!  That's what the Little Engine said.    :laughing:  :thumbsup:  *hug* JF