THE RACE ON THE LOOSE CABOOSE

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Gwennaford
Master Member

Re: THE RACE ON THE LOOSE CABOOSE

Post by Gwennaford »

Clown Lady wrote:Gwennaford  where did you get the picture of my pink caboose.  I would love it on my profile.  Can you do it.
RBKayaking
You can always cheer for the clown.

It is so great to have more to race with.  What fun it will be.
Clown Lady

CL and Wither, I'm sorry, I don't have administrator's privileges to go into anyone's profile but my own.  That's why I posted the code you need so YOU can do it.  The hard part is already done - getting it in the gallery. The rest is easy once you do it you will remember forever.

---------------
this is the link to the complete instructions, but what you need to know is excerpted below
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ht ... 573#p45573

------------------

Here is the text string (aka URL) for using the pink caboose as your picture avatar.  Notice it starts with "http:" and ends with ".jpg"

http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/gallery/3114_08_04_10_11_33_10.jpg

I had to take a picture to show you what the text string looks like for you to post the caboose in a message or in your signature line:

Notice the only difference between the two is the URL code in brackets at the beginning and the end are NOT needed for the avatar, but you will have to carefully type them in as illustrated (including the / in the closing one) for posting the caboose in the signature line.

Now to get started posting --

First you highlight the text string for the caboose (above in blue). Then right click and choose "copy".  It goes onto an invisible clipboard.

To open & edit your profile, click on your screen name, or on "PROFILE" in the dark blue band above this message window to the left.  

Look for "Modify Profile" in the menu on the left and click on "Forum Profile Information".  That's where the signature box is where you paste the BB code for your ticker and your personal messages (delete any text from inside the white box first).  

You can right click and paste the URL for the caboose in here, too.  (see below - I put it in mine temporarily to make sure it will work.)

AVATARS:    Your profile information page is also where you can post your picture avatar:

Highlight & Copy the caboose text string without the [url] codes

Go into your profile and post the entire http: text string into the white text box to the right of where it says "I have my own picture", and VOILA`!  You have a new profile picture!  You should see it pop into the profile immediately.

After you're finished, scroll down to the bottom right & click the "Change profile" button to save the changes.

----------
Don't make yourself crazy over this.  Let me know if you don't get it right away and I'll PM you my telephone number so I can talk you through it.  Seriously, glad to do it.
Last edited by Gwennaford on April 8th, 2010, 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

CLOWN LADY'S REPORT FOR THE WEEK.  IF THIS IS THE FIRST WEIGH IN I AM AT 221  I AM DOWN 1 POUND FROM LAST WEEK.
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
Sneaky Snoopy
Master Member

Post by Sneaky Snoopy »

ANNOUNCER - THE RACERS ARE COMING TO THE STARTING LINE.  CLOWN LADY IS THE FIRST TO WEIGH IN WITH A START DAY OF FRIDAY - GWENNAFORD IS STEPPING UP TODAY, I WILL BE LOOKING FOR YOUR START WEIGHT.  FOR THE MONDAY STARTERS I HAVE SNOOPY - WITHERAWAY - WENDYGOODNEWS - JJELLI - AND DEBORAH D.  I HAVN'T HEARD BACK FROM LINDA RN -I NEED YOUR WEIGH IN DAY AND START WEIGHT IF YOU WANT TO PLAY.  IT IS NOT TOO LATE TO JOIN THE RACE. 

THIS CABOOSE IS GOING TO DO SOME TRAVELING.  ALL ABOARD THE CABOOSE TO SKINNY TOWN.  WE WILL BE LEAVING SAN ANTONIO SOON.  ALL ABOARD!!!!  DON'T MISS THE TRAIN, GRAB YOUR TICKET AND HOP ABOARD.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Just got home and can't reply from my computer. Http 404 error on nearly every page. I will weigh in tomorrow. Gained a couple pounds since hitting Onederland. Hoping to post that I am still in Onederland tomorrow. Web site working now. I am flushing with the best tasting watermelon from Sam's. Wore a size Med suit to church today. OK,OK so it was the stretchiest fabric known to man, but it was loose enough no one could see the rolls and I could actually see the beginnings of a real waist. For the first time in years I did not cringe looking at my reflection. That size 10 is beginning to seem real to me now.
Last edited by LINDA RN on April 11th, 2010, 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Sneaky Snoopy
Master Member

Post by Sneaky Snoopy »

Linda - thanks I will look for it tomorrow.
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

I will be reporting in tomorrow not going to miss that train! Limdam thanks for keeping me company! Glad you are on board.....  Wither
jjelli

Post by jjelli »

I'll be there bright and early!!!  jj
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

I will weigh in first thing in the morning.  I have a doctor apt and can't eat until i get back so they can run blood work.  Doing a 3 month panel the doctor wanted to do after I saw her and she saw I was doing well on LDL.  She said she wanted to check and see if they were down or up or whatever for cholesterol and pre-diabetic.  Tomorrow I will be off and running towards the goal!
Wolfmother

Post by Wolfmother »

I would love to join this race but when I head up to Nunavut in less than 3 weeks I will not have access to a scale.  I could do it till then if that is ok...and pick it up again when I come back.  I do not know how long this race is going on for.  I come back for a few days the end of June.

I usually weigh on Monday so let me know if I should join.
Debbie

Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

OK  - HERE IS THE BAD NEWS.  I weighed Sunday morning at 315.  That is 16 pounds more than I was last June when I arrived in Twoterville.  The good (?) news is my legs are so swollen from eating ham, lasagne and other donated funeral food the past month that as soon as I get in a decent flush I'm sure I will show a loss for this coming week.

Now my question for the judges is, am I going to have to lose the 16 pounds I gained before the contest started before I can start counting my losses each week?  Ya'll talk amongst yourselves.  I'll wait . . .

--------------

I was able to get to the store this week and stocked up on fresh fruits & vegetables that don't need a lot of refrigeration as I don't currently have a fridge.  So I will be cooking soups to order and keeping a small amount made ahead in an ice chest.  Don't know whether I will cook any beans due to space constraints. I hate buying ice!

To keep myself honest I will resume posting on Gwennaford's Food Diary.  I'm asking that any comments regarding my menus be posted on Gwennaford's JOURNAL, not my food diary.  I find that I get to chatting too much and lose the focus on what I'm eating.  

Loves, :inlove: and good night  :yawn:, and good luck  :thumbsup: to everyone!  I am SO gonna leave you in the dust!!!  *woot*

:rose:
Last edited by Gwennaford on April 12th, 2010, 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
Sneaky Snoopy
Master Member

Post by Sneaky Snoopy »

Gwenn - Good news is that everyone gets to start with a clean chart.  Bad news is you only get this one clean chart.  It is all down hill from here.  As for that Dust thing...You have to catch me first  *evil* .  I have my running shoes on  ;D .

Wolfmother - You are in, I can work around your few weeks that you don't have a scale.  It is going to be a long race.  The finish line is the next LDL Convention in 2011 at Key West.  The date for that is still in the planing.  So tomorrow let me know your starting weight and hop on board the train.  I will see you in the Caboose.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

OK, Starting weight this morning is 199.8. Still in Onederland but barely. Now to get the running shoes on and get 30 or 40 lbs off this summer. Would love to get 60 lbs off before November. The rest can come off slowly through the winter. November 2011 is time enough to get to goal and below!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Wolfmother

Post by Wolfmother »

Ok here is the starting weight 239.  I will post for the next couple of weeks then about 8 weeks with no scale...if I can find one up there I will use it otherwise I will be back for goon on August 1.  That is a long time away so I should be able to get to goal by then  :thumbsup:
Debbie

RB Kayaking
Master Member

Post by RB Kayaking »

Good morning ladies,

For your breakfast cheer I have made you a wonderful fruit salad.  The papaya is sweet and firm (just like we all want to be) the pineapple is dripping in its own sugar (helps to get the engine firing) the banana is just right ( like we are) and a squeeze of lime juice to make the salad glisten (we don't sweat).

Enjoy.  Cheers to you.  Let that pink caboose roll off Key West to become the next must dive site!

RB Kayaking
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Wither reporting in. Do 1/2 a lbs count? If so I am 1/2 down. If not I am the same. Hoping for better next week!......Wither
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

OK here is my weight.....On April 8th when I weighed in I was 231 again....today when I weighed in I was 228 again....(thats 3 lbs) this is where I kept going up and down for the last 5 months....maybe this race will give me the kick start I need to get moving again....

OK what happened to our spell check again....it hit the road, took a hick, flew the coop....you get the point its gone again.....

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Restarted LDL on April 11,2012
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

jjelli

Post by jjelli »

Good Morning everyone!!
Here's my stats:  172.  My original goal  was 150 so it didn't look like so much to loose.  I would take around 130.  I'll work on that when i get to 150.    I was at 170 but for some strange reason this weekend    :thumbdown:    I ate a lot of other stuff.    Anyway,  good luck everyone!!!  jj
Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

Hey everyone what fun we are going to have traveling on the train to skinnytown.  Snoopy has some places to see along the way.  I chatted with her last night and she will be posting to route the train will take.  If you can post the town that you live in to her.  She made me promise to be faithful to LDL.  No bites here and there.  I feel like it is the first day of the rest of my life.
Clown Lady
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Snoopy, I live in Escondido Ca. About 30 miles north of San Deigo Ca...Wither
Sneaky Snoopy
Master Member

Post by Sneaky Snoopy »

Just for the record my start weight is 167.  I'm excited about this race.  

Wither - As for half pounds.  No.  Even number work best for scoring.  :D  This just means that you are closer to loose one pound for next week.  ;D  I have you down for 151.  Is that correct?

RB Kayaking - what a wonderful breakfast you made for us.  It made my mouth water.  Time for my breakfast.  I have mango instead of papaya.

ANNOUNCER - I HAVE EVERYONE CHECKED IN EXCEPT WENDY.  WE HAVE A TOTAL OF 9 RACERS.  I KNOW THAT SOME OF YOU WILL REACH YOUR GOAL  *woot* .   OTHERS WILL VISIT ONE-DERLAND FOR THE FIRST TIME.  TWO-VILLE IS NOT FAR OFF FOR WENDY AND GWENN.  WE HAVE MANY STAGES IN OUR RACE.  :cool: AND MANY PLACES TO VISIT.