THE RACE ON THE LOOSE CABOOSE

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Sneaky Snoopy
Master Member

Re: THE RACE ON THE LOOSE CABOOSE

Post by Sneaky Snoopy »

Oh MY!  a pink bikini.  :shock:  Wont that be something.  I think I can I think I can.  My DH is going to love the bikini!  *woot*
Kathie

Post by Kathie »

I would like to join your race today.. My weight is 181 this morning. No looking back now.  I am on my way to a healthier me!  My weigh in day will be on Mondays if that is ok? Please let me know if you need anymore info.. thanks Snoopy!\
Kathie in Fl.
[
Sneaky Snoopy
Master Member

Post by Sneaky Snoopy »

Kathie - You are in and your ticket is good for the whole race.  Stay with us and you will meet your goal.  By the way, What is your goal weight?

Mary -  I would love to see your train station.  It would be the perfect finish line.  I'm so pumped up and the race is going to take us to skinnytown. 

I have to say that I am very competitive.  *evil* The fruit right now is getting sweeter and sweeter.  I'm jumping off this platue and ready to go!  *woot*
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

That is ok Mary we will be flying so high by then we won't need any railings to get into that little train station!
jjelli

Post by jjelli »

Hey Snoopy, 
i'll have to think of a come-back.......jj
RB Kayaking
Master Member

Post by RB Kayaking »

Ok everybody in the caboose needs to say one place in their town where the caboose needs to stop and see.  I also need the city and state.  I will be making something for the winner of the caboose race to hang on their walls.  I'm not saying what but I do need the above mentioned infor.

RB Kayaking
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

OK RB in Fort Worth/Burleson it would have to be the stockyards...this is the place where they would drive the cattle and hold them in pens until they could ship them off to market.  The pens have been turned into shops and eating places and they still have a rustic hotel there.  Lots of fun things to do..you could order a pair of cowboy or cowgirl boots, ride the train...or shop...you could also eat not sure it too LDL or not but you might be able to find something....or you could just shop....

Deborah D
I live in Burleson, TX
Restarted LDL on April 11,2012
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

I am from Hamilton, Montana and if you were to come thru my very small town you would definately need to stop by the Marcus Daly Mansion.  It is now owned by the city and has been restored into a museum.  Just for fun I am sending the first part of a utube video of the mansion and it also has a picture of the Tammany Castle which was the stables for the magnificant horses.  
This is where my husband works and does the archiving for the museum.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF5kMi-evKo
Kathie

Post by Kathie »

http://www.shellfactory.com/

I am from N.Fort Myers, Florida and would suggest stopping by to see The Shell Factory.. worlds largest shell collection and most beautiful coral.
There are many areas in the factory to appeal to a wide variety of vactioners.  There is a large Christmas area holding many collectables such as Dept. 56.  There is a petting zoo and a wondeful restaurant on the grounds with the typical Subway also in the Factory.. For those that are young at heart, you will enjoy the Teddy Bear Factory.  You can buy your fix for clothing, including t shirts, and sandels with purses and hats to meet  your fancy.  It would be hard to walk away without stopping by the jewelry area and you might even see a demonstration or two after visting the home made fudge for those that dare!
We welcome you to Florida in 2011.  I hope I can be there with you after my ride on the caboose of course!
Hugs!
Kathie in Fl.
[
Wolfmother

Post by Wolfmother »

I live in Cobourg, Ontario Canada.  When the Caboose travels through my town it would have to have a stop at the beach.  I know it is only Lake Ontario but our beach is beautiful and people from all around come through here to spend the day at the beach and we can even swim in the lake if it is not too cold for everyone  :D
Debbie

barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

When the train comes to my hometown of Gallipolis, Ohio we will have to stop and visit Bob Evans Farms. This is where the sausage king lived. The farm has a Bob Evans Restaurant, a gift shop, a craft shop, a museum dedicated to the history of the company, a picnic pavilion, a windmill, and a riding stables. We can have lunch at the restaurant if you would like. I love their grilled chicken with the wildfire sauce!! And yes, I knew Bob Evans personally. I'll bet joyful friend knew him too.

We also could down the road a little piece and go to Huntington's Kitchen, where Jamie Oliver started his food revolution in America.

I'll look forward to the train coming by.

Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
RB Kayaking
Master Member

Post by RB Kayaking »

Love all the whistle stops(5 so far) and I'm super glad that I have more than a year to figure this wall hanging out. 

I'm not saying anything more than it's a wall hanging.

RB
Sneaky Snoopy
Master Member

Post by Sneaky Snoopy »

For me, it is hard to just pick one place to stop.  I live in the San Francisco area.  Just 15 south of San Francisco is my town of Foster City.  So my must see spots here are:
Muir Woods - for large Redwood trees
The Bridges - Golden Gate, Bay Bridge, San Mateo just to name a few.
Napa Valley - Just for a taste of wine.
The Cable car - A bit of history. 
Half Moon Bay - for a view of the Pacific Ocean
Pescadero - A little touch of a small town feeling.

But for the thing that I like best is to take a run or walk with my dog along the bike path that runs along side the San Francisco bay.  You can go for miles.  The sunrise, sunsets and rainbows are just beautiful.  You will have times with high tide and low tide.  I like the nature.  Living in a large city, nature and water is a good thing to view.  And It is FREE.
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

San Deigo is a beauiful place. It had 282 attractions to visit ....If you come here you need to stay awhile. Just to name a few..
Sea World
Sea Port villiage...lots of shops and resturants there.
Mission Bay....There the old rollar coaster

Coronado Bridge...beauiful to view
Top of the Hyatt hotel....There you can get a view of the city.
La Jolls Cove
Balbola Park. A great adventure to walk through
San Deigo's Huge zoo
The Gas Lamp District.....161/2 blocks of historial neigherhood of downtown San DEIGO. Croce's Resturand and Jazz BAR named after the famous singer Jim Croce plus other great resturants are located there. A great intertainment place to visit.
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Snoopy, I love San Francisco. Such an exciting city. I have been there many times. Everyone on the caboose would get a thrill going down those hills. We would all have such a good time stopping by San Francisco. We could visit China Town and have lunch!  Your city has alot to see just like San Deigo!    Wither
Sneaky Snoopy
Master Member

Post by Sneaky Snoopy »

My older son likes to take the train into SF and stop at China town.  He gets the hot flat fortune cookies.  Tasty things but not LDL friendly.  I'm glad he dosn't bring many home.  He eats them on the train ride back.  ;D
jaydensmommy

Post by jaydensmommy »

If it's not too late, I'd like to join the race.  I sort of got off-track during the easter holiday and juststarted back today.  My start weight is 310 today (Friday) so I guess I'll weigh in on Fridays.
Debbie B
RB Kayaking
Master Member

Post by RB Kayaking »

If the caboose is coming to your town what are we going to see?  I'll take a tour of your house if you can't think of anything in your town (hard to believe because I've always found something to go see where ever I've stopped). 

RB