Menopause The Musical

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Mary J
Master Member

Menopause The Musical

Post by Mary J »

This will be playing in our town soon.  Has anyone here seen this musical?  Did you enjoy it?

Mary J
Mary J
FL

Started LDL in Oct 09
LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: Menopause The Musical

Post by LINDA RN »

Only thing enjoyable is not having to buy supplies, no cramps, no PMS.
Act 2 consists of unwanted facial hair, grayer hair (LOL mine started turning in my 20's), sleep is what a bed is for (LOL doesn't bother me but sure does bother DH).
Vag dryness and atrophy and many (not me) hot flashes, sweats, mood changes (humm PMS revisited???)
Definitely hate that I look almost identical to my mother.....and not my young looking mother.
I want my youth back. I can see how I even look like my grandma! At times I feel like I look older than JF!
I want to be like Wanda when I grow up! :angel:
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
mroszczak1

Post by mroszczak1 »

Me too! Im not having a fun time with the BIG M growing hairs where I did not know any existed and the worst part is I have to put on my readers to get rid of them. Still have on hand all the monthly stuff since I never know which month it will pay me an unwelcome visit..lol Funny part is and lucky I was always like clock work every 28 days and never any problems, now its like the red sea has opened up when it arrives and it makes me SCREAM but I know im not alone. It certainly is a cruel trick played on us! And the mood swings OMG lucky I have understanding boys!
RB Kayaking
Master Member

Post by RB Kayaking »

Mary J,

I went to MTM during the height of my hot flashes--jacket on, jacket off, jacket on, jacket off.  One of the gals notice this and directed one of the songs at me.  It was a hoot.  My two friends and I could hardly talk when it was over because we laughed so much.

I would go again.  The songs nailed every hot flash that I ever had and I still listen to the CD.

Go GO GO.

RB Kayaking
mroszczak1

Post by mroszczak1 »

I need a good laugh, when it comes here im going!
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

So Menopause The Musical is a play????
Never heard of it.
Thought you were letting us know Menopause was hitting you!!!    :shocked:
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:  Menopause is like a musical---each day is a note change, Linda, you have a beautiful countenance!!!  Thanks for the compliment.  We have a family portrait on our place of service business, and just last week, a gal who didn't know me asked if the lady in the picture was me.(At least 15 yrs ago)  She said my, you look completely different and younger now.  I told her that I was 60# lighter and it had changed even my attitude. Thanks to LDL.  Menopause passed me a long time ago.( I have empathy)  I still remember and would love to see the musical. I know my daughter would appreciate it. Maybe, it will come to Columbus.  :thumbsup: *hug* JF
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

It's hilarious. I could relate BIG TIME! My husband was with me and I think it gave him a major insight and empathy of what I was going through. It made our relationship much better. :thumbsup: I think every husband needs to see this with their wife.

http://www.menopausethemusical.com/index.php

CQ
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

JF Menopause the Musical is coming to Cincinatti July 26 thru Aug 14th!!

Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
Mary J
Master Member

Post by Mary J »

Glad to hear it's worth seeing!  I am trying to talk my daughter into going with me.  Didn't think my Hubby would enjoy it!

Mary J
Mary J
FL

Started LDL in Oct 09
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Thanks, Ollie.  I will try to go. I need to see something funny. I'm glad it is in July.  I am soo busy now.  I have several speaking events to get ready for--they're all in May.(Elderly drug use presentation for a group in South Shore, KY.(I'm having a difficult time finding up to date info)Mother's Day and graduation-gradeschool)  My 55Th HS class Reunion is this month. Both my kids were born in May--so birthdays. There will be several graduation parties to attend.  I like staying busy, but all in May. :laughing:  I went to exercise last evening and I'm back to speed in walking, did two miles in 30 minutes.  I get my last leg treatment in Columbus on Tuesday, so I'm glad that it will be over.  LDL still lives.  Guess what!!!  We stopped at a big gas and food place on INTS 75, Dalton, Ga.  All our guys were buying snacks.  Country Girl asked if they had bags of popcorn.  Her DG told her she was barking up the wrong tree.  But, they did, and microwaves to use.  When she talked with her son in Ohio, she said, and LDL lives.  We had our popcorn and fruit. We had great meals while away, and enjoyed hot breakfast at motel.  I better get busy--we have a wedding to attend today.  It is a beautiful day here. It is a day that the Lord has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it.  :thumbsup:  JF