Pacific Northwest

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
cameron
Master Member

Pacific Northwest

Post by cameron »

I am curious how many members are from this area, and who they are  ck
patns

Re: Pacific Northwest

Post by patns »

Well, I'm not exactly Pacific NW but prairie, so semi close. I'm in Edmonton. I was in Victoria last week. Does that sort of count? :D

Nice to see you on the board.
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Well, I would say it sure does count!!! nice to meet you 
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

I am in Montana 45 miles south of Missoula.  I am originally from Coeurd'Alene Idaho but have lived in Montana for years. 
iamahoot

Post by iamahoot »

Just wanted to stand up and be counted! I am in Steilacoom Wa. That is very close to Lakewood, and a stones throw from Tacoma. I sell realestate along the I-5 corridor so am familiar with a lot of areas. If your close, lets do tea sometime.
Linda aka iamahoot :D
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

WENDY - I just checked out the driving distance between us, 610 miles. I have never been to Montana, but I hear it is beautiful. I sure would like to drive to that state sometime.

IAMAHOOT - I was going to send you a message the other day, and to tell you the truth I do not know why I didn't. But I am also so sorry about your loss. That kind of situation is so traumatic, I know

We are not really that far apart, but it still is about 100 miles. I believe that is the distance from Vancouver. But it could be do able, how far are your from the outlet mall that is in the Mt vernon area?
Janel

Post by Janel »

I live in spokane valley wa, nice big city not far from Id and CDA .
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Hi Janel- I have never been to the Spokane aread, but I looked it up. There is sure a lot to do there, such a nice area as well. It is about 400 miles from where I am.
karenr
New, but learning

Post by karenr »

Hi Cameron,

I'm in Dallas, Oregon...near Salem.
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Yeah!!!!!  There seem to be so few of us, and we are all so far apart too distance wise. Thanks for answering my post.
iamahoot

Post by iamahoot »

Hi Cameron,
I know we are few and far between, but that just means we have our work cut out for us in spreading the news about this LDL way of living!
Pacific Northwest, prepare to be re-educated on how to feel better than ever, and lose weight at the same time.
Are you on facebook? Seems that there are folks on there that don't post on this site. Maybe there are more of us that we think.
Have a great day, and keep on a keepin on. You wont be sorry.
Linda  aka iamahoot
Sunny Girl
New, but learning

Post by Sunny Girl »

Hi...I'm in Ellensburg WA...sort of the center of the state.  On I-90, just over the "hill" from Seattle.  I have been on LDL since May 21, 2009, my 1st year anniversary is coming up, and I am so thankful for Roger Troy and his desire to help others!!!!!  I didn't have a "goal" when I started, but now, my goal is 80 pounds....I'm at 73 pounds now, so the goal is within sight.    I saw the FIRST magazine article, got the book, and haven't looked back!
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Sunny Girl
Congratulations on the big weight loss.  You have done wonderful since May to lose down to almost goal.  Those last few lbs will be a breeze to get off before summertime.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Sunny Girl- Congratulations on your phenomenal success!  Pam
redkat

Post by redkat »

Sunny Girl,

Congratulations on your great success with LDL.  Seventy-three pounds is awesome!!.  Have you considered submitting before and after pictures that Roger Troy asked for in another thread for a magazine that was interested?

http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/in ... pic=9176.0
Kathy
Sunny Girl
New, but learning

Post by Sunny Girl »

Thanks for the comments....YES, it is really a wonderful, awesome, fantastic happening in my life!  I NEVER thought I would be interested in a diet again when I was picking up groceries and saw the FIRST magazine last May. (Just for the record, I'm was 67 and thought I would remain heavy for the rest of my life!!).    I had been out to a Mother's Day brunch and my son took a picture of me (May 10)....on May 21st I started LDL, not knowing how important that pic would become.  I had previously avoided the camera like the plague!!!    I will get another pic now and mail them to RT. 

Wendsgoodnews:  My husband was raised in MT...near Eureka.  Montana is soooo beautiful!   

MS Heirloom:  WOW....your pic is GREAT!  How long have you been a LDLer? 

Cameron:  In what PNW city are you?

It's so cold and windy here today,  I'm going to have some HOT (warm) smashed berries for breakfast!!!
HAPPY DAY TO ALL FROM SUNNY GIRL!!!!
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Sunny- I started the same time as you, May 25 last year, however, you have beat me by over 20#  :shock:!!!  I am 63 and like you had given up ever being normal weight again until I found the First magazine at my grocery store.  I have a ways to go yet, but have no doubt that i will reach my goal and be the healthiest I can be for my 60s and beyond!  Pam
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Sunny Girl- I am from vancouver british columbia.  So far, I have not found another person from BC. the closest I think is Iamahoot,(she is about 100 miles south) I am hoping to meet her for coffee one day .
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

Hi y'all, I'm not from the Pacific NW but just wanted to say "Hi" and that I think if you all do have a get-together, the traditional thing with group is to "do lunch":-)...coffee/tea, great...but, there is something about "doing lunch" with your LDL friends...don't miss that blessing...especially if it's 100 miles or so:-). So, if you ever get down to the hill country of Texas (I'm thinking a couple of thousand miles) "Let's Do Lunch"!

Blessings,
Julie