Old recipes on the board

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Old recipes on the board

Post by Joyful Friend »

I went out this morning.. Stopped at McDonald's for coffee and a breakfast for my 87 yr. old sisterinlaw.  I had coffee.  I saw a lady who was at one of the LDL classes, and she wanted my recipes.  She told her sister who lives in Illinois about LDL, and she ordered the book, but could not find  some of my food in it.  They loved the Hummas recipes.  I told her that a lot were on the boards.    My 1/2 hour interview on LDL sounded fine--all about LDL.  It will be played again on Wednesday and on Friday.  I came home and made the unstuffed cabbage casserole--one for me and one for Country Girl.  Then I made the asparagus soup--needed to use it before it went bad.  It is such a delicious recipe.  I looked at a lot of the other recipes, some are old, but sound soooo good.  I am going to make Neat's  meat loaf tomorrow.  I'm trying to clean my frig out so I can have some room for prepared foods that I am going to do ahead for my grandson's college grad party-and then Mother's Day.  Yes, I cook my own.  The guys may grill, but I have a turkey that I need to cook.  I have 3 refrigerators, and one freezer.  I buy when prices are low.  I bought 3 fresh pineapple for the week-end--a dollar apeice. I still have blueberries that I froze last summer.  Sometimes, I have to throw out the food, because I forget I have it, but not often.  When I buy canned goods, I usually try to get cans dated for 2 yrs.  We're getting our pool opened today.  My little dog has been kept busy running from window to window.  It's hard being a watch dog.  Thanks for all the good recipes.  I need to put mine all together.  *hug* *hug* Joyful Friend   
patns

Re: Old recipes on the board

Post by patns »

I need to put all mine together too. I'm on the lookout for a good way to organize them but didn't decide yet. The problem is that I am adding so many so quickly!

Pat
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Some do as I do and copy and paste the recipes into a Word Document. Then print them and place in the plastic document protectors.Zazzle has LDL notebook to keep them in. I just have not got around to buying one yet. Right now I but them on a Word document and store them in a LDL folder on my desktop.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
redkat

Post by redkat »

Linda,

I do the same (saving as a Word document on desktop).  That makes it so easy to share recipes with others that like what I cook!
Kathy
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Good ideas.Thanks,  :D JF
Horkster

Post by Horkster »

Yeah, I'm putting recipes that I've tried (or want to try) in a MS Word document - it seems like everytime I try a new recipe and share it - someone asks me for the recipe nowadays.  That didn't happen so much before.  :D

I take the opportunity to spread a little info about LDL and this site, too.  Then I casually mention the weight I've lost...  :laughing:

Now where is that blueberry ice cream recipe....  I've got Word all fired up and ready to goooooo....

Hork
Horkster, Started LDL 3/05/2010   430/399/215
Manassas, VA, USA, Earth

4/05/2010 - Down 18 pounds!
5/05/2010 - 6 more pounds lost
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

I use 2 cups of frozen blueberries, one banana fresh or frozen, a little 100% sugar free berry juice--enough to get blender moving.  Can use water instead of juice---Splenda to taste---1/4 -1/2 cup.  1 t of vanilla.  It takes my blender a short time--I have Vita mix.  Others do as well.  You don't have to use bananas  if you choose.  Of the evening, I usually leave it out.    Crick and Wendy have recipes on the boards for pineapple-coconut and banana.    Both are luscious.  Enjoy Hork, You're doing wonderful.  :thumbsup: JF
BMorg

Post by BMorg »

Horkster...I do the same things. I copy and paste recipes I've tried, or I want to try, into a word document, and save them into an LDL recipe folder. I'm getting quite a collection! :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0n7Qks/]

Beth M.
RESTART 10/14/11
10/14/11 Wheat Belly: 49 inches :/   11/4/11 Wheat Belly: 46 inches :)
Psalm 27:13
I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD In the land of the living.
tprouty
Master Member

Post by tprouty »

I have the "Favorites" folder, the "Try These Next" folder, and the "Untested" folder.  :tongue:

Love all the possibilities, the ways you can make it fit your own taste, and most of all, the plain old EASE of 99.9% of the recipes. I've tossed out pages and pages of clipped recipes from other sources that I know I'll never try now, and cleared a couple of shelves of cookbooks. With LDL, I don't need any more cookbooks! Not only does it make me slimmer and healthier, it saves money, too!  :thumbsup:

Terri
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Terri, I need to get rid of my cookbooks--store off my shelves.  I seldom use them anymore.  Now to put all my bookmarked ones unto the word document to print.  LDL is a more reasonable way to cook.    We love the foods.  The fattening ones that I use are in my head.  I still use some.  When I cleaned all my diet books out, I had a whole lot of room.  :D  :thumbsup:  Joyful Friend
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

Don't throw out those old cookbooks yet!!!

Go through them, and the ones you love... adapt them to make them LDL friendly... and use them...  When anything calls for cream, use pureed beans instead... when something calls for butter, just leave it out or cut the amount in half...
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Good advice.  Thanks, JF
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

I created a LDL Recipes file folder in MS Word. Inside this file I created new folders that correspond to the message board's recipe headings. Plus I added special folders just for Chili, Bean dishes, Sausages, Holiday menus, etc.    Each recipe is in a seperate document. Some recipes are filed in more than one folder, when they fit more than one category (like breakfast and dessert, or Soups & Stews and Main Course). 

I don't print them out too often, just refer to the computer.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage