Happy Mother's Day

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
CodingQueen
Master Member

Happy Mother's Day

Post by CodingQueen »

I would like to say "Happy Mother's Day" to all the mothers on the boards and hope you have a wonderful day just kicking back and relaxing. You deserve it. :thumbsup:

*hug*
CQ
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Re: Happy Mother's Day

Post by Joyful Friend »

The same to you, CQ.  It is such a privilege to be a mother. Both my kids were here, but all have gone.  It was also my sister-in-law's 87th birthday.  We had a delightful time.  Now, I'm kicked back relaxing. It was so cold here in the Ohio Valley---no frost, but a cold wind.  Now the sun is out.  Sometimes, we get to swim on Mother's Day.  Too cold, today.  :rose: :rose: to you and all the mothers.  Joyful Friend
patns

Post by patns »

I am relaxing too today. My treat was yesterday evening when my daughter took me to see Stars on Ice. It was fantastic to see so many Olympic champions in such a relaxed setting.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day.

Pat
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Mine is tonight. My sons are taking me out to dinner to my favorite Japanese restaurant (yes, tonight is definitely not going to be LDL friendly because sushi's on the menu  *evil*) It'll be their treat and not my husband's. I can't believe they are actually parting with their own money.  :shock: :laughing:

Anyway, I appreciate it very much and I love those two boys....I'm sorry, young men  ;)  more than anything in this world. I just wish sometimes that I could go back in time and start all over...Hey, someone had better take my temperature...I just didn't say that did I? :shocked: :laughing: Seriously, I miss the sounds of little kids in the house. So, I guess I'll just have to wait for grandchildren.

CQ
Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

Happy Mothers Day Back to all the gang.  Sneaky Snoopy sent me Flowers and a card that made me cry and I hostess lunch for my friends as eating out is not good on mothers day.  We had a great lunch.
Clown Lady
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Clown Lady,

I agree that it's not a good idea to go out but it was their suggestion and I didn't want to disappoint them. They seemed to be so excited about it. More than likely, I'll split a sushi roll with my sons and everything else will LDL friendly since I've been there before and know the menu. Then, tomorrow will be a fruit and soup flush. :thumbsup:

CQ
rodie

Post by rodie »

Ditto to all the Mom! I hope you all had a very relaxing day.My youngest son planned and cooked the entire meal for the mom and his wife.It was very good,but then that didn't surprized me as he always enjoyed cooking even when he was a young boy.
Have a good week everyone.
Hugzzzz
Rodie :)
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Well, I enjoyed my Mother's Day meal and they didn't even ask the waiter about the sushi menu...it was nice. I got to enjoy my dinner without having to deal with anything that wasn't LDL friendly. They later said while driving home that they didn't want to tempt me by ordering sushi because they were so proud of me and didn't want to screw things up for me...they are so sweet.

CQ
redkat

Post by redkat »

Hope you all had a great Mother's Day.  I did.  My daughters came over and we fired up my new gas grill.  We had chicken kebobs, steak, marinated pork loin strips, grilled yellow and zucchini squash, grilled portobella mushrooms, salad and finished off with grilled pineapple slices for dessert.  All LDL friendly, all delicious.  The best part was cooking with my daughters and having one of my sisters join us.
Kathy
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

CQ, Rodie, CLady, Pants, Redcat and Roger, it is such an honor to spend the time with those we cherish and love.  I love those high heels.  All of our family were here with ehe exception of our nurse granddaughter--on call. Saturday, we enjoyed Mexican Chicken, burgers off the grill, Texas Caviar, fresh fruit of every description, pickled beets, Jalapeno hummus, fresh veggies, and a whole lot of non LDL for those who have no weight problem.  Yesterday, we had a baked turkey breast, all the trimmings, green beans, cooked carrots, a big salad and fresh fruit.  Country Girl and I enjoyed all the great LDL foods.  I cooked two lbs. of navy beans for the soup. Not a drop left.  All the Non LdLers loved it.  I did fix a pan of corn bread.  CGirl and I loved them with corn thins and hummus.  Flowers are so great to get.  I ask for hanging baskets. All had to come inside because of a frost warning--fog kept it away.  I am so glad because my peonies, Iris, and Rhododendrun are so beautiful. I have to put the hanging baskets  out again, and take the newspaper off the in ground annuals.  Now, we need to look forward to Memorial  Day--Always a big holiday at our home.  Have a great week.  I get to speak to 7th and 8th graders this week--It's reading week. I'm equipped with the TWILIGHT SAGA and others. Some books never get old.  I'm going to take  LET'S DO LUNCH to share with the classes how one book made a big difference in my life.  Just maybe, one child can get some good ideas :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Joyful Friend