Confession

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Mary J
Master Member

Confession

Post by Mary J »

Well....... confession time.... Today for the first time since I started LDL in Oct 09 I decided to try a piece of chocolate cake.... We stopped at Publix to get some fruit, and hubby decided he wanted to be bad!  So we ended up buy a tiny little cake.  I took a couple of bites and gagged!  Yuck!  It tasted terrible!  I will stick to my sweet fresh fruit anyday..  Kinda glad I tried it, now I know that I will never want that stuff again....

Thank you LDL!

Mary J
Mary J
FL

Started LDL in Oct 09
witheraway1
Master Member

Re: Confession

Post by witheraway1 »

The thought of chololate scares me. As I really like it. Did it look like a really good cake. Sometimes they can be dry and not moist. Can't imagine not liking it. I am so bad with cake, but don't touch it. Would not be a good thing for me. Will probably have to try when I reach my goal.    Wither
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

since I started in January, I have twice been put in a position of having a piece of birthday cake plunked in front of me before I could say I didn't want it, so both times I had a tiny bit of it, I agree it does not taste all that great at all anymore. I really don't have any desire to  eat those desserts that I used to love so much ever again!
Mary J
Master Member

Post by Mary J »

Hubby loved the cake,,,, and he is usually very picky..  It just tasted horrible to me.... the icing was sickening....and I used to LOVE chocolate...

Mary J
Mary J
FL

Started LDL in Oct 09
RB Kayaking
Master Member

Post by RB Kayaking »

What a neat thing to have happen!  Now if we could only get our brains to stop sending the message, "That looks so good" or "I use to love that!"

What I use to love is way too sweet but that brain keeps saying, "But I use to love it."

RB
Mary J
Master Member

Post by Mary J »

I agree RB,, I know now I no longer care for chocolate....but my downfall was always glazed donuts, LOL.... not sure I want to try this test on them... but I bet it would be soo sweet I wouldn't like it either...

Mary J
Mary J
FL

Started LDL in Oct 09
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

RB  that is so true, my brains always reminds me of how much I used to love it.I am wondering if people who have been on LDL for a long period of time have that happen to them
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

I don't think I'll ever get to that point, I'm sorry to confess! :rolleyes: I'm really glad for all of you who can pass up chocolate anything! Actually, I do pass it up lots of times. Otherwise, I wouldn't have lost the weight I have on LDL. But I have to be honest. It wasn't because I didn't like it!  :inlove: It was because I knew I wouldn't lose if I gave in. Sigh....I think I'll always love chocolate. :wrong:

SweetRose :rose:
SweetRose
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

I too have never lost my craving for any type of pastry so it is always hard for me to say "no".  I confess that last night my neighbor called and asked if my husband and I would like some rhubarb and apple cobbler that she had just taken out of the oven.  Well, there you are...  Because DH and I are both at goal, we said "yes" and I'm sorry to say it was delicious  *evil*.  But, that was the first dessert in a long, long time so I don't feel too guilty!
RB Kayaking
Master Member

Post by RB Kayaking »

I guess it becomes a life of "choices" rather we are at goal or still going for goal. 

As RT says there is "eating healthy" and "eating healthy to lose weight".  When we are at goal (not me) our choices are to "eat healthy" and we should be able to indulge in an old time favorite on occassion.  We just have to make sure that those occassions don't become daily. 

When we are still going for goal we should stay with "eating healthy to lose weight" and those treats should be put way back on the shelf so that we don't fall back into the old way of eating before we get to realize a healthy body.  I'm thinking that a healthy body will feel way better than any treat can taste.

Actually I can say that a healthy body does feel better than any treat can taste.  I just wish the brain would quit with the "Oh, that looks so good" and "Oh, remember how you loved".

RB
redkat

Post by redkat »

Ok, I'm "confessing" too!  A new coffee shop serving New Orleans style beignets just opened about a block away from my office about 3 weeks ago.  I have been really wanting to go, but resisted.  Well, Saturday evening, I gave in and went.  I had beignets and cafe-au-lait.  The coffee was great, so were the beignets when I first started eating them.  But I actually had to "force" myself to finish the order.  When I got in the car, I couldn't wait to wash it all down with water.  After getting home, I had to rinse my mouth with mouthwash to get the taste out of my mouth!  Won't be doing that again.  I gave in to the craving, and didn't even enjoy it after all.
Kathy
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

I had an experience very similar as well but it wasn't chocolate. There's a cafe in downtown Tampa called "NOLA". I use to go there all the time for lunch. The owner is from New Orleans and makes gumbo like my grandmother did. I had my husband stop by there a couple of weeks ago because I just had to have some gumbo and red beans and rice. Well, I found it to be extremely salty and couldn't eat any of it. My husband said that it was fine and finished it.

I don't think I'll be wanting any more gumbo or red beans and rice... :laughing: Obviously, my taste buds have changed for the better. :thumbsup:

CQ
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

SWEET ROSE, thats my feelings I like it but know if I gave in I would never reach my goal. I want to reach my goal more than I want sweets. So if the thought of something yummy comes into my head I toss it right out! I am very picky about my sweets I don't like all sweets.but I can wait..........Wither
RB Kayaking
Master Member

Post by RB Kayaking »

RedKat,

I use to live in New Orleans.  I would go down to the French Quarter and have beignets and cafe-au-lait every once in awhile.  The just reading those words b&cal set my mouth to watering. I closed my eyes and could smell the coffee, then the b's, then the powdered sugar, then the grease and boy did that image explode.  Wow!

Guess my brain waves are working!!!

RB
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Interesting posts.  I am at goal,(still losing a little) and I experiment with things that I used to like.  I've never been a big chocolate lover, unless it was loaded with nuts.  I enjoyed nuts, so I have indulged since goal, but it caused me no problem.  Nothings tastes as good as I feel.  I love rhubarb, so if a neighbor brought me some, I would eat the filling.  I'm going to Kroger's Wednesday, so will get me some fresh Rhubarb--make rhubarb with splenda.  It is good.  I have no desire to have sugar sweets, so why eat them.  I thought I couldn't live without Laroibis' pizza.  I have, and now never crave it.  I just had delicious beef babecue and chicken with marina sauce.  The Edamines and fresh corn were soo delicious.  My fresh strawberry smoothie is waiting for me at evening meal.  I had a fresh strawberry and banana smoothie for breakfast.  I do enjoy cooking and eating.  LDL is still  a mystery to me.  I had a friend come in where I work, and she thanked me for telling her about it.  She has lost 33 lbs since January.  She looks terrific and says she feels so much better.  Praises to our Savior.  Thanks, Roger for sharing.  
jkgregory

Post by jkgregory »

I went out with my family last week to a buffet and i ate lots of fruit and some baked chicken.. After i was done eating i decided to have some sugar free fat free yogurt.. I had a very very small bowl.. About 5 bites or so.. It was really good.. I still lost weight and i still havnt had a craving.. And ive lost a few pounds since then.. I dont see anything wrong with an occasional slip up.. As long as its in moderation and not going to extreme.. That was my 1st time in 4 1/2 months that ive slipped.. I had some corned beef in march on st. patricks day.. I dont really count that.. ;D
Katie

James
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

You seem to be doing great! Whatever works for you.....Wither
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

I remember reading in the older book that Roger sometimes ate fat-free frozen yogurt without the cone.  I did it once, but it made me feel like I had cheated.  I didn't crave it and it wasn't particularly good, so I figured why eat it.  Pam
RB Kayaking
Master Member

Post by RB Kayaking »

It just goes to show that this is a "smart way of eating".  We have a plan that is easy to follow with lots of choices.  If a food is not a trigger food (causes you to go on a feeding frenzie) you can eat it occassionally without causing weight gain. You can step way off the suggested path of eating and then jump right back on.

I don't look at eating foods not approved by LDL as "cheating"  or "slipups" that would mean that I was on a diet and I am NOT.  I view it as making choices and choosing to eliminate inches slower.  But hey, I'm already smaller that I have ever been as an adult!

RB
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

RB, you and I have the same philosophy.  I'm not on a diet either.  Someone called my soup "diet soup" yesterday.  I was like -- no it really isn't.  It is delicious soup and I am not on a diet.  I'm on a LIVEt -- really!  When I've gone to gatherings, I'll have people tell me, "You can't have any of this."  I'm like, "I can have whatever I want to have, actually.  I might choose not to have things, but I really can eat anything I want."  Funny, sometimes I prove it to them and eat something they would consider "off my DIET."  It's just not my lifestyle to eat that stuff every day.  A taste now and then doesn't derail me.