Newbie's first post

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Re: Newbie's first post

Post by MsHeirloom »

Tanya- Welcome to this wonderful supportive site and to the best way of eating ever published.  You will love it here and will be so happy with your results.  Pam
Tanya
New, but learning

Post by Tanya »

Thank you to all of you for your warm welcome.  I'm excited to become one of the LDLers.  I'm excited to loose some weight and regain some health and strength (hopefully). 
Missdonna

Post by Missdonna »

I am trying to read all the old posts. I spent most of yesterday doing just that. Your right ,I can't stand to waste anything. I just got finish doing a quickie clean up of my pantry and put together a bag so heavy that my 10 year old grandson could not pick it up. I had him take all the cake mixes and packaged lunch meat over to his house. My daughter has 5 kids so I'm sure it won't get wasted there.Tomorrow i go grocery shopping. Wish me luck! :thumbsup:
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Miss Donna -- when you do your shopping, make sure to look at how beautiful your cart looks with all the colors of the fruits and veggies.  I remember how good I felt when I did my shopping, knowing I was doing something so good for my body.  You know, others are looking at your shopping cart and admiring it too.  When I'd take out the food and put it on the checkout counter, it would look so healthy with the lean meats and colorful produce.  Sometimes I even got comments from the person checking me out.  I'd share about this wonderful way of eating we've all come to love -- and that loves us back, doesn't it?  Couldn't say that about the old food we used to buy.
Missdonna

Post by Missdonna »

I just read your post and now I can hardly wait to to go shopping for all those beautiful groceries that are going to make me what God wanted me to be from the start ! Thanks for the inspiration ! :laughing:
lrainbow2006

Post by lrainbow2006 »

Miss Donna...Your post this morning was so nice to see.  I can tell you are so excited and ready to start this new life.  Your earlier posts were so down but  the difference in such a short time is amazing.  This WOE makes me so hopeful and I have no doubt I will live the rest of my life this way.  I can't say I won't stray at times and munch on something non LDL..but I have the knowledge now of what are the best foods to put in my body, not to mention why they are, and how they work.  I never really understood that before. Keep posting often so we can enjoy your progress as well.  You already are an inspiration to others..   Lisa
Last edited by lrainbow2006 on July 3rd, 2010, 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Started LDL  6/14/10
                  7/11/10  16# gone
Tanya
New, but learning

Post by Tanya »

I too am still working on getting rid of all the non-LDL-approved foods in my pantry and freezer.  I think the thing that is slowing me up the most is that I hate to throw away good food! LOL  But I am getting tougher.  Had a lot of packaged mixes in my food storage.  Finally threw them away telling myself that they had been in storage for so long they were all stale and couldn't be used by anyone!  I do have a lot of canned beans and tomatoes on my shelves.  I keep adding to the stash every time I grocery shop and it makes me feel good to know I have food I can eat on hand for when it is needed.  I love going through the checkout stands at the grocery now.  It is so nice to only have fresh fruits and veggies and some carefully chosen canned goods in my cart.  Unlike previously when there would be soft drinks, chips, crackers, etc.  Such a change!  My biggest challenge now is in planning ahead so I can have good foods on hand and ready to eat when I rush home on my lunch hour and need to grab something fast to eat before resting for 1/2 hour and heading back to work.  Evenings are hard too because I come home so exausted - the last thing I want to do is cook!  So my weekends need to be spend in preparing for the week ahead.  I love the recipies on the boards.  So many of them are freezer-friendly so I can cook them up on the weekend and freeze them in individual portions to pull out of the freezer as needed.  Thanks to all those who help with these wonderful recipies.  So far I haven't lost any weight - I'm just trying to overcome the sugar and carb cravings.  Fresh fruit has been so helpful.  Thanks again for all your good wishes and support. And for setting such a good example.  I want to succeed just like all of you. :thumbsup:
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Hang in there Tanya,
If you don't have alot of excess water retention, then there will not be the instant dramatic weight drop at first. Your body may be holding on thinking you may be trying to starve it out! Eventually it will realize there will be food fed to it and will start giving up the excess. That is when you will start noticing some amazing changes, like loosing in places you never lost before. For me, even on starvation diets in my teen years, my hps and thighs always stayed big. With LDL I noticed significant inches coming off my legs and hips even before the pounds started dropping off. Good job getting the stuff out of the house that you don't ever want to eat again.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Tanya wrote:So my weekends need to be spend in preparing for the week ahead.  I love the recipies on the boards.  So many of them are freezer-friendly so I can cook them up on the weekend and freeze them in individual portions to pull out of the freezer as needed. 

[size=100][size=100][size=100]YOU ARE ONE SMART LADY!!!![/size][/size][/size]

Blessings,
Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
Tanya
New, but learning

Post by Tanya »

Linda and Ollie:  thanks for the response and kind words.  I sometimes have some water retention and sometimes not - depending on hormore levels throughout the month.  But I think eating all the fresh fruits and veggies instead of binging on crackers and chips will greatly help.  Since I have only been really activing doing LDL for two weeks (with a few slip ups on some really stressful work days) I'm not discouraged.  It will come as I keep on trying.  Thanks for the encouragement and support.
Missdonna

Post by Missdonna »

Just got home from shopping and can hardly wait until I get hungry ! I had BBQ Chicken for lunch with some beans (I'm pretty sure they had sugar in them)and when we got in the car my daughter offered me a candy bar and before I could even think about it my mouth said"No Thanks" I don't know where that came from. I love candy! Sure surprised her.(And me) :D
Last edited by Missdonna on July 3rd, 2010, 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Yay, Miss Donna,
Isn't this great. This is the first of a long line of behavior changes that wil please and surprise you.
God is Marvelous! and so is Lets Do Lunch
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

valeriegoberla

Post by valeriegoberla »

ok......I am new to this and this is the only way I found to post something. If I want to post something my self I am not sure how to do it.
I just started "Lets Do Lunch" and I find that I eat till I am full but then I am really hungry in an hour or so. Since we are not suppose to snack in between I am having a hard time. Any suggestions???? HELP.
Missdonna

Post by Missdonna »

When you first start the object is to not be hungry.You can eat all you want anytime you want as long as you eat LDL approved foods. Isn't that exciting? If you have the book read it and just do what it says. If you don't read as many posts as you can and you will still get most of it. Then get the book.If you have questions post them and somebody will get back to you.
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Valerie
If you are hungry EAT.  The no snacking is when you have been on awhile and your body has adjusted to eating just at meal time.  You are to eat as much as needed right now to rid your body of cravings and keep your body from going into starvation mode. 
Mary is right about beans they will keep you full longer, also protein will help you stay full longer.  Remember to eat really big lunches and you will find by night time you only require small portions. 
If you have your book read and read and read until you get it all down how LDL works.  You will find that this way of eating is like a miracle to your body, it will cause you to lose weight and gain health.  If you want to post go to the home page and scroll down to questions and answer section or general discussion and start a new topic.  It will be on the top right corner of the page that opens into those catagories.
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Welcome Jaye, Tanya and all the other newbies!
Glad you joined us.

The eat till full whenever you are hungry, is an amazing part of this way of eating. And yes, in the begining that could be every few hours. The amazing thing is that before you know it, you are no longer hungry so frequently! It is so great though to know that you can eat if you are hungry. I love this way of eating!

Enjoy,
Bobbi
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Valerie,

When I first started LDL over a year ago and still to this day I eat in between meals if I am hungry -- usually fruit or popcorn.  Beans are a magical food! Try eating a large bowl of bean soup for breakfast along with your smoothie. I do this a lot!
Missdonna

Post by Missdonna »

I can't believe I bought 6 kinds of beans today. I didn't even know there were 6 kinds of beans.So far all the bean recipes are wonderful.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Same here. Until I met my husband, beans were either green or white (navy). He introduced me to pintos and black-eyed peas which I love. But now I love black beans, butter beans and even lentils. This is such a wonderful way to eat.
Last edited by LINDA RN on July 17th, 2010, 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linda