Screen Name

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: Screen Name

Post by LINDA RN »

Sweet Rose,
Are you Alaska Native? We have one Alaska Native working here in SW Oklahoma. She married a Native Hawiian! They both love the Lord also. She is RN and he is a Medical Technologist working in the lab.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

PAM, how great your new picture looks. All that weight loss is showing! Looking good..........Wither
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Thank you so much, Wither.  I've been at a plateau for a couple months, although I feel thinner and the tape measure is showing a difference.  I think my body is resetting itself and accepting the newer me!  I do look forward to starting to lose again and posting another updated photo.  It has been so rewarding hearing people's comments here and in my personal life.  What a fun ride!!!  You are doing great.  I love reading your posts.  Pam
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Pam, I posted apost called plateau, Roger gave me some great advice. It took 2 days and my plateau broke. I had been on a plateau for 3 weeks. You might want to check it out.... Thanks  Wither
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Thanks, Wither.  I have been thinking about fruit only for dinner.  I did that yesterday and will again the rest of the week (at least).  I would sure like to see Onederland soon :inlove:!!!  Pam
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Pam, it worked for me. Glad you are giving it a try. Just noticed your ticker.......you are half way there......How great is that!  Keep up the good woe.........Wither  :)
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

Hi Linda,

No, I'm not an Alaskan native. I came up here some years ago with my then- husband who was in the military. After our divorce he left the state and I stayed on. It's really beautiful here, but I really want to live someday on either the Oregon Coast or Cape Cod.

SweetRose :rose:
Last edited by SweetRose on June 23rd, 2010, 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SweetRose
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Sweetrose  :rose:
Have you ever been to the Oregon Coast? I have never lived there, but it is a beautiful  place to vacation especially if you like to camp like we do. I have heard it rains alot there so you would have to like rainy weather. I prefer the sun myself. That's me though. If you can get passed the rain you would love it.  :rose:  :rose:  Wither
NoMoreLCforMe
New, but learning

Post by NoMoreLCforMe »

I started low carb dieting 10 years ago and have always turned to low carb to help maintain my weight when it goes up a little bit.  After being on LDL for two months and enjoying it so much, I've decided THIS is my new woe and from now on No More Low Carb dieting for me!  I'm LDL for life.
Made the switch to LDL after 10 years of low carb dieting for maintenance.
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

NoMoreLCforMe wrote:I started low carb dieting 10 years ago and have always turned to low carb to help maintain my weight when it goes up a little bit.  After being on LDL for two months and enjoying it so much, I've decided THIS is my new woe and from now on No More Low Carb dieting for me!  I'm LDL for life.

and, this decision will impact your health in such a positive way, it'll knock your socks off......you're going to be thin AND healthy......God bless you.....niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

Hi Wither,

Yes, I've been to the Oregon Coast several times~ and guess what? I'm one of those crazy people who LOVES the rain! *love* Yes, it's true. And I love the wind howling through my windows,too. :wacko: I would enjoy  storm watching, then maybe finding washed up sea treasures. It would be great to hear the cries of gulls and wild surf before heading home to my little seashore house...... for a big steaming bowl of LDL stew! Ah! I would love it!!! :rolleyes:

Do you live near La Jolla? I really enjoyed my trip to that area. Love Old Town in San Diego.

SweetRose :rose:
Last edited by SweetRose on June 23rd, 2010, 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
SweetRose
Mary J
Master Member

Post by Mary J »

Sweet Rose,

I LOVE storms too!  I love being at the beach and watching the huge waves come rolling in... Love to watch the lightening in the sky.... hear the thunder..... awwww love it...

Mary J
Mary J
FL

Started LDL in Oct 09
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Hi SweetRose  :rose:
You make the rain and storms sound so exciting, and that pot of LDL STEW YUM  :drool:  iT ALL SOUNDS SO RELAXING!  I don't live too far from La Jolla or Old Town, Gas Lamp District and the beaches and Yes, it is very beautiful. We seem to have it all. It's a great place to live and have lots to do and see.
Well, your dream sounds so great I hope one day it will all become a reallity.
Nice to meet you....SweetRose  :rose:    Have a good day  Wither
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Mary J,
Does it strom where you live? I have to say I don't like stroms or lightening. Since we don't have them in California { only a rain strom every now and then} they sceare me and my dogs are in my lap. Just wandering how much weight did you lose on LDL? You look very small to me....Wither
Mary J
Master Member

Post by Mary J »

Hi Wither.

Yes, we have lots of storms here.  I live in FL.... my yorkie doesn't like the thunder, but it doesn't bother my maltese.

I started LDL in Oct 09,, I lost approx 15 lbs.  I started out weighing around 150, maybe a little more or less,,, I really didn't weigh myself much.  Have had to watch my weight my whole life.  Went up and down,,, the yo yo diet.  I was very pleased to find out about LDL... I have really enjoyed all the recipes sooo much.  Hubby loves them too.  He lost probably 20 + lbs, and got his blood sugar levels back down... he was borderline diabetic...

I went from a size 10 down to 8 then a 6.... I can wear my 8's or 6's.. depending on the brand.

Mary J
Mary J
FL

Started LDL in Oct 09
isthis4me

Post by isthis4me »

well some here know me and I believe I was on the last thread MzLizzy did.....but anywho, I got my screen name for obvious reasons.....1. my normal name I use does not function for here, for several reasons I wont go intp  :blush: and 2. I have done every diet known to man and woman :angel:  and have lost and gained and lost and gained and Im sick of diets soooooo I thought I would try this and make it a change  :tongue: 
my real name is trish, I live in GA, have 2 grown children ( one lives at home) and a grandson whom just turned 3 whom I have custody of...........
I am determined to stick to this and get my life back on track as well as my health and my body OH, I am attached at the hip to my ROCK of 9 years now..... :inlove:
~*~Angel of God, my guardian dear to whom God's love commits me here. Ever this day/night be at my side to light, to guard, to rule and guide.
Amen. ~*~Image
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Thanks Trish for posting...  Are you the same Trish that went to SA convention In Texas?  I remember seeing a Trish in the pictures. Welcome back and keep eating LDL and the lbs will roll off.  A rose for you      :rose:      Wither
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Nice to hear from you MaryJ.........i WANNA WEAR A SIZE 6  :laughing:  When I get there, and I will, I will post my picture for all to see!  A rose for me  :rose:  Wither
isthis4me

Post by isthis4me »

No Ms. Wither, I am not the same person  :)
~*~Angel of God, my guardian dear to whom God's love commits me here. Ever this day/night be at my side to light, to guard, to rule and guide.
Amen. ~*~Image
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

I am gonna bring this post back up; I have noticed there are alot of new ones that have started LDL. won't you please come on and tell us a little about yourself so we can get to know you That helps us to know who we are talking too. AND WELCOME TO ALL YOU NEW LDLERS. You will love it here and all the support you want at anytime. We love hearing about your success along the way. And there will be lot's of those. You inspire us!    :rose:  :rose:    Wither