Screen Name

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
wildfire
New, but learning

Re: Screen Name

Post by wildfire »

Linda RN,

Yes, I work three 12 hr shifts a week, and getting prepared as far as food goes takes planning.

I actually take a medium sized cooler to work that I pack the night before.
I boil eggs the night before and eat them for breakfast;

Sliced watermelon, apples, strawberies and blue berries for mid morning snack and after dinner.

Lunch is albacore tuna and romaine lettuce with tomatoes and light vinegrette dressing.

Dinner is lentel soup or canned beans.
corn on the cobb and herbal teas...and lots of water too.

I have to prepare my food the night before....sometimes I take canned foods and make sure to have a can opener, utensils and hot sauce or other spices in my locker.

I sometimes just throw foods into my cooler!!!

I hope this helps....
I know that 15 lbs is a lot to lose in one month...I'm surprised as well....I really think  that eating "real food", not anything processed really was the key...I think I shocked my metabolisim...I hope next month can be at least half as good as the weight loss...but, over all, What really counts is how healthy I feel!!!!wow!! :thumbsup:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-
ss/w7xWjCJ/]
[/url]
Missdonna

Post by Missdonna »

Thanks for you good advice Linda RN and  Wither !I was feeling totally lost and now I'm only slightly confused. :thumbsup:Yesterday I had a fair day and today is going splendidly .I have so many recipes to try and not enough appetite. :happy:I bought so many healthy foods that I almost doubled my grocery bill.I am really looking forward to when I don't want to eat them all on the same day.
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Wildfire, just wanted to say how proud I am of you! You are doing great on LDL and looking smaller each time I see you! Keep asking questions and posting. You will find lot's of help here. Everyone will be pulling for you. Keep hang in there, I know how much you love this woe so keep on doing what you do and you will be at goal in no time.  *love* Mom
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

welcome Wildfire!you are doing awonderful job, and I think your mom is awesome!      ck
Last edited by cameron on July 5th, 2010, 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Welcome Wildfire, Missdonna, and Tanya.  We look forward to hearing more from you and all your successes.  This is the best plan and the best place :inlove:!!!  Pam
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

Wildfire, you're doing awesome. And you always have your wonderful mom and the rest of us to encourage you along the way to Skinnytown!

Sweetrose :rose:
SweetRose
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I want to add my welcome to Tanya, Wildfire and Miss Donna. You really can eat until full -- in fact, you need to eat until full -- and still lose weight.  My experience was much like Ollie.  I didn't really plateau ever, while losing my weight.  I added exercise -- cardio (walks), strength building (free weights and the Total Gym) and now I'm adding sprints for some anaerobic exercise.  It is amazing how I've gotten my life back with shedding 50 lbs.  I'm gaining a little back (about 5 lbs.), but realize that muscle weighs more than fat and I'm working on gaining muscle.  I'm in 4s and 6s!  That isn't changing. 

Wildfire -- your sister has some thinking that most of us have from years of dieting.  Women especially get wrong thinking about weight loss.  I had to renew my mind for sure.  We slow down our metabolisms by not eating enough, that is why we have to eat until full.  Like building muscle too -- some women don't want to gain the weight from having more muscle, but you are replacing the fat with the muscle and that is what makes you look slimmer.  Actually, you can be slimmer even if you gain weight.  My niece has never had a weight problem and she is 130 lbs. but looks like she'd be around 110 lbs., but she just is so toned and has no fat -- but has muscle.  People don't believe she is 130 lbs. -- about 5'5".  We have to realize that muscle is 5 times as dense as fat -- 5 times!  Imagine a pound of lead and a pound of feathers -- which takes up more space?  I would think that seeing is believing for your sister, though.  She'll eventually give it a try, after you and your parents are happily at goal weight!  :laughing:  My neighbor started LDL when I first started losing.  She wasn't losing fast enough, so she found a horrible looking diet that really got the weight off fast.  She got off the diet and gained the weight back and then some.  Since then, I've reached goal and have happily maintained.  She told me she'd have to get out her book again and re-read it.

Miss Donna -- my name is Rhonda and my older sister is named Donna.  Therefore, I've been called Donna all my life! :laughing:  I'm still called Donna sometimes, even though she lives several states away.  That's funny that you didn't know any other Donnas.  I've found Rhonda to be a name that is sort of rare and have become instant friends with others who have that name.  Oh, a funny name thing happened a month or so ago.  My husband's name is Gerard and some friends accidently put our names together and called us Gerhonda -- so we named our Garmin GPS voice Gerhonda.  Well, one day I was in a dressing room at a store and I heard someone call out to someone named Gerhonda!  I had to step out and meet the lady with that name.  :D :D

Tanya -- you will not only lose the weight, but you will find that your health will improve so much. I used to have so many aches and pains and really I don't anymore.  I thank Jesus all the time for leading me to this way of eating.  I call it a LIVEt, instead of a DIEt -- because it has let me LIVE again!
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Crick, my daughters name, the one wildfire and I are working on is named Rhonda after the movie star Rhonda Fleming. Sometimes you don't see it spelled with an R.............Wither
Last edited by witheraway1 on July 6th, 2010, 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Missdonna

Post by Missdonna »

Well, you know what happens to the beautiful people(like bradgelina). Many people who knew me when  was younger call my oldest daughter Donna.Her name is Becky.She is tall..I am short...I have worn glasses like forever ....not Becky. I guess something about her must look like me but I don't see it. I really want to weigh myself but so far I haven't .If I did I would probably cry because I have been eating a lot. I am trying to stick to what the book says to do.
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

MissDonna, you might be surprised as long as you have been doing LDL you should have nothing to worry about. The weight will come off either fast or slow. As long as it comes off is what counts. So relax and enjoy the ride.  :)  Wither
wildfire
New, but learning

Post by wildfire »

Sweetrose :rose:
Thanks for the encouragement and welcome :)
I like your screen picture very vogue :thumbsup:
ss/w7xWjCJ/]
[/url]
wildfire
New, but learning

Post by wildfire »

Wither *love*
Thanks mom.....
I saw Rhonda today....still working on her...
Seeing is believing..I hope.
Shanghi....perhaps...LOL.. just kidding, but seriously....she's so skeptical..and not really giving the plan a 100% effort.

keep trying..... :rolleyes:
ss/w7xWjCJ/]
[/url]
wildfire
New, but learning

Post by wildfire »

crickadoodle,
Thanks for the welcome!
Just joined the "PINK CABOOSE"!
Awesome!