Screen Name

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
witheraway1
Master Member

Re: Screen Name

Post by witheraway1 »

lET US HEAR FROM YOU!    :)      WITHER
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Hi, I just found this thread and it is good to get to know some things about everyone.
I am 59, I will be 60 in Sept this year. I chose my name because that is how I felt when I started LDL. Hopefull......... I had never had lasting success with dieting! I am thankfull to say that I have successfully lost 30 lbs and have kept it off. I feel great and am glad to have all the support I recieve from everyone on the msg boards.
Oh, my family. I have 5 children, 8 grandchildren. They are scattered throughout the world. 4 boys 1 girl. Oldest son, wife and daughter live in Phoenix, AZ. next son,wife, 3 daughters are in the Army and stationed in Japan (where I recently was fortunate to visit!) middle son, wife and 2 daughers live in Plant City, FL and one and only daughter, hubby and only grandson live in Plant City also. My youngest son, wife and daughter live in Springwater, NY.
Me, I live in Nebraska cause I couldn't ever decide which kid to live beside LOL. My marrage of 19 years ended in 1988. After that, I went to nursing school  and graduated when I was 41. I have worked in the hospital setting my entire nursing career. I spent 3 years travel nursing and enjoyed it but really got burnt out on the big hospitals. I have not remarried and find much contentment with health and wellness teaching. LDL is a perfect addition to my teaching arsinal.
Thanks, Wither for starting this thread. It is fun to share.! Bobbi
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Hi,
My screen name is pretty obvious. I went to a 3yr Diploma Nursing School Columbus, Ohio straight out of High School. I graduated just before turning 21 and passed my boards shortly after my 21st birthday. I have worked full time in mostly a hospital setting ever since. I have worked as an RN for38 yrs and have 34 years in as Civil Service working 3 yrs VA Psych (burnedout) and the rest of the time here in Oklahoma for Indian Health Service.
I have been married to my wonderful husband for 36 years now. We had 2 children, daughter married and stationed with her husband at Ft. Campbell, KY (her husband in Afganistan now) and she has 2 children of her own and his 3 children. Son is married and has one child and his wife's 2 children.

I will turn 59 in July. I have always struggled with my weight. Like many others, I tried most every diet down the pike and they worked for a little while but then old habits of donuts and ice cream crept back in and I ballooned. LDL will work for me because it is the healthiest plan on the planet. I am so enjoying hunger cravings not ruling me.

I can retire at any time and am praying about what I should do. Right now I would love to do LDL full time, LOL. I know that if I could promote it and offer foods (maybe a restaurant or carry out), we could get many people healthy again. I am very much in favor of the ounce of prevention.
Last edited by LINDA RN on May 31st, 2010, 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

THANKS HOPEFUL FOR LETTING US HEAR FROM YOU. i FEEL LIKE  I KNOW YOU BETTER NOW. NICE TO MEET SO MANY NICE PEOPLE. yOU ARE DOING VERY GOOD WITH YOUR LOSS!  :)

LINDA RN, I READ YOUR POSTS ALL THE TIME ON THE BOARDS.... I  LOVE THEM AND ALL THE KNOWLEDAGE YOU HAVE TO SHARE.....THANKS FOR THAT. SO NICE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT YOU. AS I SAID BEFORE THAT REALLY GIVES A CONNECTION WHEN READING YOUR POSTS. THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL THAT YOU DO.  :rose: ,,WITHER
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

I am a retired elementary and jr hi school teacher. I retired in 2001 as did my husband who was a middle school principal. We have been married 27yrs this Saturday and have no children (by choice).

Upon our retirement, we started volunteering for the American Red Cross. We have each been out on around 25 disasters in other states. We have helped with hurricanes, wildfires, floods, tornadoes, typhoons, and winter ice storms. We don't go out on disasters now because we are the Operations Co-Managers of our local Red Cross unit and are basically responsible for Red Cross activities in our county......thank goodness for good volunteers (ours is an all volunteer unit--no paid employees).

One of our other passions is going on mission trips in the USA to help build houses. In 2008, 14 of us traveled from Ohio to Pass Christian, MS to work on houses damaged by Katrina. Last summer, 23 of us went to Indiana to repair homes that had been damaged by a flood. My husband is now battling cancer of the esophagus so the church decided that if we couldn't go on the mission trip this summer, they would just cancel the trip until Ron is able to go again.

Another passion we have is for doing the Lord's work. We ask ourselves "Am I my brother's keeper?" We believe the answer is a resounding "YES"!!! We are involved in a food giveaway each month and a huge clothing giveaway twice a year and providing Christmas for needy children. All of these projects are thru our church. We're small but we're a busy bunch......doing God's work.

And that's who we are.

Many blessings
Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Thanks for posting..... Hoping your husband is better soon........I have to say you two are remarkable  and are laying up treasures in heaven..... Keep up the good work our country needs people like you..  :thumbsup:  Wither
julybug

Post by julybug »

I joined LDL last June and tried Junebug first it was already taken.  So My birthday is in July I tried julybug and it worked.  Good luck, I really think this WOE is the  :bomb:.  When I stick to the game plan it works.  julybug
......Image

Am I the only one hearing the Rocky theme "Getting strong now" all day?
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Julybug.....Thanks for posting.. I see you have made great progess. Keep up the good work and let us hear from you more often, I am sure you have lots to offer.  :thumbsup:    Wither
julybug

Post by julybug »

I started in June last yr and tried junebug but it was taken then I tried Julybug.  It wasn't and My birthday is in July too.  so it's sounded good to me.  Julybug
......Image

Am I the only one hearing the Rocky theme "Getting strong now" all day?
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

I love roses- all types -think they are very feminine and sweet. Voila! SweetRose!

SweetRose :rose:
SweetRose
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Sweetrose, that makes sense to me. Nice to hear from you!  wither  :rose:  :rose:  :rose:
daniela

Post by daniela »

Hi ladies,

Everyone's screename is so interesting and creative.  Mine is just my first name, Daniela.

I tried coming up with something kooky and fun, but they were always taken!  I gave up and used my first name.  Oh well.

Like ScicilianMamma, I too, am first generation Italian, (born there) , but most of my childhood was in Canada.  I am close to my Italian roots as well.

I travelled all over Europe and the Carribean, some States, some Canada and am looking forward to exploring more of the world.

I'm not married, I have no kids. I'm enjoying singlehood at the moment.

I'm a cat-lover and have a kitty named Ina that I adopted last year. 

I love reading, listening to music of all kinds except country, and I always enjoy a good laugh.  When I set my mind to do something, I will do it with all I've got, no half way with me, unless I get bored with it, and leave it.
I am known to do things on a whim. :happy:

I love cooking and entertaining, I love dancing, and going out and enjoying nice weather.
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Nice to meet you Daniela.  *hug*

Ollie

witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

ollie, you only have 26lbs to go  how great is that?  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup: How long have you been on ldl?    Wither
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Since the middle of last October. Joyful Friend got me started on LDL. It's funny because she knew I was trying to do WW and she was afraid to approach me about LDL. I saw how great she was looking and asked if she was still doing WW. That opened up the opportunity for her to tell me about the WONDERFUL WOE!!!!  *love*  I have not regretted for one minute the decision to do LDL. I plan on eating this way the rest of my life!!!

Ollie

VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

daniela wrote: When I set my mind to do something, I will do it with all I've got, no half way with me, unless I get bored with it, and leave it. I love cooking and entertaining.

You certainly will never get bored on this way of eating because it is so diversified and there are so many great recipes on the boards.  I too love to cook and look forward to trying new recipes.  Entertaining gives you a chance to serve your guests wonderful food and perhaps gain some converts to LDL!

I too couldn't think of a creative screen name so VickiLynn is a combination of my nickname Vicki (given name Victoria) and my middle name, Lynn.  I live in New Hampshire with my husband who is also an LDL convert, am a grandmother of three lovely granddaughters (17, 15 and 7) who live in Wisconsin and don't get to see as often as I would like, love to cook, dig in my flower gardens (always moving or planting new perennials), go sailing on our big lake (Lake Winnepausaukee), play with my dog (a 3-year old female c o c k e r spaniel), travel when funds permit, and mostly just enjoy each day that I have left on earth.
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

VICKILYNN, thanks for letting us get to know more about you. I often read your posts and do enjoy them. Have you thought about putting your picture up?  Have a good day..........Wither
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Wither,

I have always disliked having my picture taken and the only current one of me is the one taken at the convention in San Antonio.  There is also a picture in the Gallery that I posted when my husband, Ron, and I started LDL in July, 2009.  It is the one that states "Posted by: Guest at August 06, 2009, 01:28:21 PM".  I don't look too much different from that picture because I didn't have a lot of weight to lose but my husband has lost 47 pounds, got some health issues under control, and looks fantastic!  We both are at goal weight and have been since the beginning of the year.  We continue to enjoy this way of eating.

I will have a good day -- the sun is shinning here in New Hampshire after a few days of rain so I am logging off the boards to enjoy it!  LOL... Vicki

Vicki
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

Just a little bit more about myself to share with fellow LDL'ers:

I live in Anchorage, Alaska, and am an Event Director, mostly working with brides to plan their Special Day.

I'm not married, and live alone, although I do have a good man in my life. *love* Plan on marriage someday in the not-too-far distant future.  I have two rescue kitties, BleuBelle, a lilac himilayan, and ShabbyRose, an exotic shorthair. They are both very spoiled and have the upper paw with me. :wrong:

I love to read and decorate-my condo is in the Paris Apartment style. I adore antiques and other vintage items and spend far too much time on ebay. I love Kenny G and doowop, movies and live theater.

I do have a sense of humor and love to laugh, especially with my girlfriends.

And I LOVE good food! Too much at times. However, I thank the Lord for showing me the LDL weigh-of-life. I thank Him for everything good in my life, and am undeserving of His grace and salvation. Praise His name!

Ad I reread the above it sounds like I'm applying for membership on eHarmony or some other dating service!  ;D 

Anyway, that's about all I can think of to say right now. I will add that it is great reading all of your posts and I enjoy getting to know each one of you.

SweetRose :rose:
SweetRose
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Great to know more about you, Sweetrose!  Pam