Screen Name

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Missdonna

Re: Screen Name

Post by Missdonna »

I got my screen name from what all my kids are calling me. Iv'e been missdonna for 30 years. I have a Family Day Care in my home because when my husband got tired of being married I had 4 kids in school and couldn't afford daycare for them.They all are grown and my 2 daughters are married and have given me 8 grandchildren. My boys' are both still single. My oldest girl is a teacher and the youngest girl has a masters degree in human resources and is working on a masters in christian music ministry. My youngest son is a childrens minister and the other one doesn't know what he wants yet. Before I had my kids I was an Air Force Nurse. Now I just want to be "The skinny grandma". I consider myself a successful mom because 3 out of 4 of my kid work for God.(I'm working on the fourth)
                                                              Donna
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

MissDONNA, thanks for posting. Sounds like you have a lovely family you can be very proud of. Keep askingquestions for all the answers you need, hang in with us and you will be the skinny grandma as well as the skinny daycare provider. What state do you live in, May you have lot's of success on LDL.............WITHER
Missdonna

Post by Missdonna »

I live in Pennsylvania and that is where I call home but I have lived in a lot of other places from Las Vegas to Greece.Both of my daughters were born in Germany.My sons were born in North Carolina and Oklahoma. It sure is good to be home! :laughing:
Last edited by Missdonna on July 3rd, 2010, 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tanya
New, but learning

Post by Tanya »

I have been asked to come here to post more information about myself.  I'm not sure what would be interesting to everyone to know.  So I'll try to give just a few basics and then you can ask questions as you feel best.  I live in Utah - was born and raised here.  I taught school (Home Economics) for three years in Nevada.  Then quit teaching when I married and move to Las Vegas.  Lived there for about 5 years when my husband I separated and I move back home to Utah and have been here ever since.  I'm in my early 60s, live by myself, work full-time at our local university.  I have no children but plenty of nieces and nephews to associate with along with their children now.  I'm looking forward to making friends with all of you too.
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Good to know you Tanya, Welcome to LDL. We have other members here on the boards that live in Utah..........You could be neighbors. Post often and let us know your success. We always love to hear a good success story........Wither
bludaffodil

Post by bludaffodil »

I live in North Carolina (close to the coast) and have lived here my entire life.
(56 years)  I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA!!!!    *love*

My husband and I celebrated our 23rd Wedding Anniversary this past weekend.
We have 2 children.  Our daughter just got married last Saturday
and our son leaves next Wednesday for his 1st year of college.......so we are
gonna be empty-nesters.  (It is scary and exciting at the same time!)

I started LDL 6/29/09 and have lost 81 pounds so far.  It has been a great
year of eating lots of awesome food.  I still can not believe I have lost 81 pounds
while eating til full at all meals.  Amazing!

BTW  My screen name bludaffodil derives from my favorite color (blue)
and my favorite flowers (daffodils).  [I left out the "e" in blue just so my screen name
would look "cooler".  haha!]    ;D
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

It's so nice to meet you Bludaffodil!  North Carolina is very lovely~ I love all the brick homes on spacious lawns.

You have done amazingly well! Wow! 81 pounds down! So inspiring! I'm wondering when you first started LDL, did you lose right away? I mean after a month or so of starting this great WOE? Some people say they have a slow start and then the weight begins to melt away. Others say they lose right away and then stall awhile. Am wondering what the norm is. I was on LDL 2 months before I weighed myself, so I don't know how I did that first month.

I'd like to know how the initial weight loss was for others posting here,too!

SweetRose :rose:
Last edited by SweetRose on July 3rd, 2010, 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
SweetRose
Missdonna

Post by Missdonna »

Welcome Tanya. I am rather new to this myself but I am very hopeful. Everyone seems so friendly that I don't feel like an idiot for what I"ve done to myself. I hope it works for you too.  :D
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I am sure none of us had a birth weight of 100lbs, so we all "did it to ourseves". If everyone was really honest, they would probably say they knew better and did it anyway. We all got sucked in to the "convenience" and cheapness (the dollar menu) of junk food. Getting a train to stop, back up, and turn around doesn't happen quickly (DH was a trainman), but once you finally get it going the right direction on the right track, the view and the journey is so worth it.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Great post Linda Rn...............Wither
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

SweetRose,

I have been on LDL 8 months and have lost 64 lbs. The first 3 months I lost 10 lbs each month for a total of 30 lbs. After that I have lost 1 to 2 lbs a week. I have never had a week that I didn't lose at least a lb. I know that day is coming and I am prepared to face it and just keep on eating the LDL way and not worry about it. I plan on eating this way the rest of my life. The food is delicious, I don't have those awful cravings, and I never have to go hungry. IT DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS!!!!  :inlove:

Many blessings,
Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

Thanks Ollie! You are doing GREAT!!!! :thumbsup:

I've actually just posted this question in a new topic to see how everyone did when they first started LDL!

SweetRose :rose:
SweetRose
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Thanks for the compliment Sweet Rose. I thank the Lord everyday for this WOE!!

Blessings,
Ollie

PS--I just answered your other post.
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
Missdonna

Post by Missdonna »

Ollie you look so good. You could be the poster girl for LDL!
wildfire
New, but learning

Post by wildfire »

Hi,
My name's "wildfire"...wither's daughter :rose:
Wither finally got me to sign on to "Let's do Lunch.
I have lost 15 lbs. in one month!!!!
I'm so thrilled that I tried this way of eating....I waited 6 months, watching my parents eat tons of delicious foods and still loose weight!!!!  I am working on getting my sister to try this way of eating, but she just can't believe that this can work...even though I have lost weight:she thinks she will gain weight.
I'm so excited that I gave this way of eating a solid effort, and the results have paid off.
My son is the one who gave me the nickname "wildfire".
When my son was a teenager and getting into trouble, I offered him some advice and explained that I had been there my self and understood the challenges of being a teen.  That's when he said to me, "OK, wildfire..."
I am an ICU nurse and to my son, a "fuddy dud", so my son really couldn't fathom the idea that his mom really did have a wild side as a teen and young adult....sometimes now LOL!!!! My mom, wither, gets quite a chuckle, :) and so do I.
Anyways, I look forward to chatting with everyone.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-
ss/w7xWjCJ/]
[/url]
Missdonna

Post by Missdonna »

I would think you get good advice from your mom but I would like to say welcome Wildfire :thumbsup:
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Welcome Wildfire,
Having been to nursing school straight out of high school I can relate to what you told your son. I really did not do too many really wild things but did learn to cuss pretty good living in a dorm with girls for 3 years. I am sure I did some really wild things though, that I certainly would not want my kids doing, like walking around at night in a big city completely unprotected...except the angels of the Lord, LOL. I did like the song, Wildfire too!
Where are you working?
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

wildfire
New, but learning

Post by wildfire »

Hi Linda, RN,

Thanks for the reply.
I'm working in San Diego, CA....
And, I like the song "Wild Fire" too....not too bad for a nick name huh??? :)
ss/w7xWjCJ/]
[/url]
wildfire
New, but learning

Post by wildfire »

Thanks Missdonna...
And, yes I do get good advice from my mom.... :)
Thank you for the welcome.
ss/w7xWjCJ/]
[/url]
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Wildfire,
Are you working 12 hr shifts in ICU? If so, how have you worked LDL into your schedule? Many who work find it difficult to cook and bring enough to work with them to eat until full. How have you worked it out? Please start a journal and share. I am sure others could benefit from any ideas you have worked out.

15lbs the first month is awesome!
Linda