New addition to the HOT PINK CABOOSE

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
witheraway1
Master Member

Re: New addition to the HOT PINK CABOOSE

Post by witheraway1 »

Hey Linda one ice cold smoothie coming up! What is your favorite flavor?

My husdand loves smoothies I make them for him all the time. I am not into them that much, don't know why they are so good........... *hug*  to all my friends    Wither
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I was ordering the smoothie for you, Wither! It is hotter there where you are LOL, but since you asked, have you make a blueberry smoothie? I have a bag of frozen blueberries in the freezer I have been thinking about making a smoothie with, just been too lazy. Think I will cut up the cantelope in the frig. It was cooler here today. Only 97 with heat index of 99.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Thanks Linda, I have made the blueberry, one of my favorites. I haven't been able to get really good ones  here.  So I STICK TO THE WATERMELON..I ALWAYS KEEP ONE CUT UP IN THR FRIG. Gotta have my food handy at all times. My husband is from Okla. He has a lot of family there. So he knows all about your weather. I went back after we married to visit with him in the summer. By the time I got my clothes on to go somewhere I was all wet it was a different kind of heat than we have. Hope it cools off for you soon.    Wither
Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

WE are very hot here in southeast Oklahoma.  I got up this morning about 4:30 and it was already 79 and humid.  So today instead of Hot Tea here in the caboose I think we should all make LDL ice cream and bring it up in the heat of the day and just kick back and visit.  What do you think
Clown Lady
Post you flavors
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Fresh peach LDL ice cream!!!

Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
Kathie

Post by Kathie »

I think I would like the fresh peach too.. but dont know how to make it..Any ideas!
Hugs! Kathie
[
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

I use a fresh peach or two, cored and quartered. I do not peel it. I use frozen banana slices that usually equal about one banana. I put these in the Ninja and add about 1/2 cup of water. I might add some splenda if the peach is not very sweet, but usually don't have to. Blend until smooth and creamy!! Had some last night. YUM!! YUM!!

Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
Kathie

Post by Kathie »

Does sound quite yummy!
[
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Have a funny story to tell. DH made peach smoothie the other day and offered me some. Took one taste and asked if he had slipped a little of his apricot brandy in it. Tasted just a hint of alcohol. He said no, but later admitted that I must be really sensitive. He had taken some dried apricots, put them in a mason jar and covered them with the apricot brandy he had. He put one or 2 of the apricots in the ninja when he made the peach smoothie. It really tasted pretty good, but I just don't like the taste of most alcohol so not sure if I actually tasted it or was smelling the hint of alcohol that was in it! :happy:
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
lrainbow2006

Post by lrainbow2006 »

I can just picture the look on his face...busted....lol..  Just shows they can't slip one over on us!

Started LDL  6/14/10
                  7/11/10  16# gone
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Lisa how is your SO DOING ON LDL?    WITHER
Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

Peach is the selection of the day.  We had it at San Antonio and it was yummy.  It is 99 right now and Ice Cream does sound good.  Enjoying the view of Arizona.
Clown Lady
lrainbow2006

Post by lrainbow2006 »

Wither, my Eddie is doing surprisingly good for his first few days.  he started on Monday and hopped on the scale just to see today.  3 days, 3 pounds.  He couldnt believe it because he has never really been hungry at all.  He did have a bit of a setback this afternoon but nothing to worry about.  I think he will do ok.  At least while he is home.  He lost his job last week but hopes to find another OTR one soon...and then Im afraid he might have quite the challenge feeding himself out on the road.  Thank you so much for asking!

Started LDL  6/14/10
                  7/11/10  16# gone
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

That is so good about Eddies lost.........I know you are thrilled. So sorry to hear about the job loss. Hope he finds another soon. Keep us posted............And tell eddie Hi for me.      *hug*  Wither
lrainbow2006

Post by lrainbow2006 »

Thank you Wither...I will tell him..  He's hoping to find a job soon but the older he gets the scarier it is.  He's 55 years old and not in the best of health, but we are working on the health part...
I will definitely keep you all posted as to how He, and we, are doing  :thumbsup:

Started LDL  6/14/10
                  7/11/10  16# gone
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

I got a desire for some hot tea, so I found the pink caboose, and the chatter has been enjoyable.  Thanks for the invite. CL, you are so creative.  My, the tea is refreshing.  :thumbsup: and  *love* Joyful Friend
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Lisa, as Eddie loses more weight  the younger he will look and he will have twice the energy. Besides 50 is not old now days. So things can only improve for Eddie......Tell him to stay with us he won't regret his decision to do LDL    Do you read him some of the testimonials        ...Wither
lrainbow2006

Post by lrainbow2006 »

Wither, I've been trying to get him to come on the boards but he's not quite ready for that yet...I tell him about all the guys on here just like him.  He has at least 150 pounds to lose but you are right..I know every pound lost will make him look and feel so much better.  I appreciate your thoughts and interest!  Lisa

Started LDL  6/14/10
                  7/11/10  16# gone
Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

Hi everyone  Today again it is so hot here in Oklahoma
I thought I would blend my watermelon down and put it in my popcycle cups and freeze it and then have a cold popcycle this afternoon.  Who said we can't have refreshing treats.
Clown Lady
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Great idea, never thought of that. I will do this one........Thanks CL    wither