RT, What if?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
RB Kayaking
Master Member

RT, What if?

Post by RB Kayaking »

RT,

What if your book was "Taste tested in the fruit and veggie isle or the meat and poultry isle"? 

You know how when you go shopping the testers have samples to give out--what if your book was there with a simple recipe to sample.  Would light bulbs come on in peoples' brains saying, "Wow, I can do this and lose weight!"

I keep thinking that the fresh fruit and veggie people are missing the mark when and if they advertise.  Shoppers just zoom by all the wonderful real colors of real food to get to that faux stuff in brightly colored packages that are heavily advertised on tv.  Why not.  I could fill my cart with boxes and it never spoils andf it would be there on my shelf when I finally decided to use it.  It's not like fresh anything that I have to actually do something with in a relatively short time.

Part of the problem is that shoppers become zombies when the enter the grocery store.  They been brained washed into believing that washing fresh fruit and veggies is a chore, chopping onions is a chore, cooking eggs is a chore, making a healthy meal takes planning and that takes up too much time.  Just go for the faux food in the brightly colored boxes.

If we could jolt them out of the zombie state long enough to sample an oven roasted albino broccoli slice--yumm yumm and then say, "If you could eat all of this you want and lose weight, would you do it?"

I could see this working.

RB Kayaking
Missdonna

Re: RT, What if?

Post by Missdonna »

I think eating badly is kind of like seatbelts in a car. People know what they should do but don't until they find out they must pay a large penalty if they don't do it. :sad:
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

If I did not already have a more than full-time job, I think I would approach Sam's and offer to set up a stand to sell the book and do a soup or salad and show the packages or cans I used to make it. Maybe Deborah D. Could start it in Texas. She was trying to get a job there anyway.

Of course, if I did not already have a job and if I had lots of extra cash I would lease a place in town for a LDL restaurant and carry-out, LOL ;D
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Roger, I really don't have the money to do that, but it sounds like the best restaurant ever!  A place where you could go and eat all you wanted until you were full and know that you wouldn't gain weight from it!  Wow!  I'd love our community to have a place like that.  Who knows?  I'm sharing with so many people, surely one of them will have the money and desire to do this one day.  I know it would work and be a big hit.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

What I had in mind was packaging the soups (or meals) that they could pick up on their way to work.
But would have to have sit-down space with a buffet that they could sample a variety every day.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Great ideas.  Would someone please start the LDL Cafe in Toledo?!!  Pam
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Yes, It would be nice to have one in down town Tampa within walking distance of the banks, hotels, museums, etc. There's not much to chose from down there (there's a few delis and pizzerias) that serve lunch and most of the employees that work in the area don't want to give up their parking spot just to leave for lunch. Chances are it won't be there when you get back. So, most of them brown bag it or have something delivered.

CQ
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

We have had our eye on a litlle yogurt stand (or used to be) on the main drag. It leases for 2,900/month. Reading the add, I don't think there was any equipment in there. Wouldn't need much, big refrig, freezer, stove and alot of crock pots! LOL. Let's see, the first REAL FOOD Weight Loss Cafe! We did not have the 2,900 cash let alone the resources for whatever else we would need to buy so we put it on our wish list. I may go back and take some pictures so y'all can help me dream.

Image  Image  Image  Image
Linda

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Ahhhh...  Linda- It would be perfect.  I love how you worded it- "The First Real Food Weight Loss Cafe."  Pam
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

I second the first "Real food weight loss cafe" Great idea!!!!!
And while we are sharing our dreams:
I've even thought of a Bed and Breakfast that served only LDL foods. Now how cool would that be to have place, "Come stay with us enjoy the local history and loose weight while partaking  of lots of hearty healthy meals!"
By the way, I have decided the best way to describe all the wonder foods we get to eat on this woe is "Hearty". I'm just loving it!
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Bobbi,
Love your B&B idea and the hearty description!
Keep dreamin!
Linda

southernyankee

Post by southernyankee »

Hi Hopefull,
Please let us know the address of that B & B when you find it or when you go in business!  :thumbsup: :) I don't know what city or state it'll be in, but I want to get my reservation in early!

The LDL B & B is a great idea - (I don't have the wherewithal to start this myself.  :sad: )

Here's a  :kissed: and a  *hug* for thinking of this!
southernyankee
southernyankee
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Linda RN, that little yogurt stand looks like a great place to sell smoothies. Would require less equipment  than a restaurant. With all your hot wheather you would be very popular. Bet you would sell a lot. and a lot less work........Wither
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

OOOOOH that smoothie stand sound delectible. Might be a great way to introduce a lot of people to LDL.
I love this thread. I feels good to dream. :tongue:
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

OK, heres another idea shared with me by the young woman who got me introduced to this woe.
She thought a LDL spa type camp would be a good idea. I can sure see something like that taking off. Who knows what can happen!!!
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Oh i can just see me sitting in a spa with a ice cold smoothie in one hand. 
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Waiting for LDL to become a household name would be the same as putting the cart before the horse.

This was printed back in 1986 by Time Magazine.

"If you want to expose yourself to new things in health and fitness, diet and nutrition," observes Judy Kennedy, co-author of The Spa Book, "a spa week is the way to start."

A virtuous vacation, refulgence not indulgence, is the new favorite of the fitness-minded. "Three or four years ago, I don't think I booked a spa except La Costa," notes Selma Weiner, owner of a travel agency in New York City. "Then suddenly it was Rancho La Puerta, Palm-Aire and Canyon Ranch." About 5 million people now sign up each year, says Edward Safdie, a spa developer. That is up phenomenally from 400,000 five years ago, and Safdie projects 30 million guests annually in five to ten years.

It reached 250 billion in 2008....

CQ