interesting points of knowledge

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
witheraway1
Master Member

Re: interesting points of knowledge

Post by witheraway1 »

You are very kind Linda, I am sure God is very proud of you And has a speical place for you in his kingdom.......Stay who you are.  wither
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

I'm not by any means implying that you shouldn't have chemo or RT. I just wanted everyone to know that usually it's not the cancer itself that causes the patient to die which is often believed by the public.

Personally, if I were diagnosed with cancer, it would depend on the site of the primary, whether or not it had metastasized and the type of chemo that would be used before I'd make my final decision. As Crickadoodle stated...our bodies are a complex organism and chemotherapy has to be fine tuned for each type of neoplasm involved. "One size fits all" does not apply.

The other thing I wanted to state was that I never could understand Dr. Oz's way of thinking...he would follow an alkaline diet if he had cancer...to me that's like saying "l'll quit smoking if I'm ever diagnosed with lung cancer." Again, prevention is the "key"...start eating an alkaline diet TODAY...and, hopefully, no cancer tomorrow.

CQ
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

Well I do like Dr Oz CQ..maybe a bit of misunderstanding here.. and what  Dr. Oz said if he had cancer, he would go on a high alkaline diet. He said there is no clear proof that it's true...no real studies have been done to prove it...but he said that cancer cells have been shown to grow in an acidic environment.
He really did not say how he eats.. but  I think he eats pretty well..
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

I LIKE DR OZ  A lot of interesting topics on there...........And if looks means anything he probably does eat very well. Wither
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

Just curious has anyone done research on snopes?...not on this specific topic but on how snopes decides if things are true or not?  I heard once that it was a Mom and Pop operation that had a very different world view than myself and that they seemed to have their "friends".  I haven't gotten around to researching that claim.  I believe many of the claims about building up the immune system because I have experienced it first hand....My family is so much healthier on LDL than we used to be!  Honestly, we are hardly ever sick!  I don't have experience with cancer, but I do have a close friend who almost died with intense chemo and radiation then stopped the chemo and radiation (because it was killing her) and started using appricot pits and such and now this Mama of seven is well.  For us, balance is the key.  We trust and listen to our doctors...we have found doctors with a balanced approach.

Blessings and Thanks (for an interesting thread),
Julie
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

I do not think Snopes are saying this info is false or true. .I think what they are saying is that the never came from John Hopkins Hospital.. I use Snopes when I get emails.. which this came in to me... I right away checked Snopes.. it was false.. so I let it go and  I have found them very very good in any experiences I have had. .
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

lulu65 wrote:Where I have my chemo.. it is not a multi million dollar business as it is free.. 

Dr Oz has said if he had cancer he would follow an alkaline diet..But the opinions on this when you do a search are mixed..ridiculous..

it's the pharmaceutical companies that make the billions, not who administers it.....
if i was diagnosed tomorrow with cancer, i would do a super strict alkaline diet.....this is one of the things that they do in the cancer centers or naturopathic places.....

you're absolutely right...it IS very confusing.......but, it's like so many things in this world....the opinion is based on who benefits and there are a lot of supplements that are really expensive.....THANK GOD that salvation is FREE...
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

wendysgoodnews wrote: I have believed where my father was concerned he would still be here if he had not had the chemo since it was such a slow growing cancer. 

that's very sad.......i'm sorry....although, i do believe at this point in my life that when it's our time, it's our time even though circumstances can vary...
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

CodingQueen wrote:Everyone, please try to learn as much as you can if not for yourself but for the ones you love.

as always, cq, you're right on the mark...thank you....
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

crickadoodle wrote:I know that some people are at different places in life and maybe certain information can be overwhelming at times.  Just remember you don't have to read or subscribe to everything on these boards.  I love the chance to be stretched and for my brain to wrap itself around information I've never considered.  Thanks again for sharing.

thank you, crick........and, you're very welcome...
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

LINDA RN wrote:I think everyone should be consulting their heavenly Father for such major decisions.
If it were a family member truely wanting my input, I woud tell them to go with the medical treatment (if I indeed got a witness that this was what they should do), but I would also flood them with nutritional information to keep their body in the best possible state to aid in the healing and elimination of the toxins. Even though the dietary recommendations are for prevention, they could not hurt in the healing process.

you're absolutely right, linda...
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

LINDA RN wrote: I also try to be a peacemaker which may not help in some situations, LOL.

being a peacemaker ALWAYS helps..God bless you.......
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

CodingQueen wrote:The other thing I wanted to state was that I never could understand Dr. Oz's way of thinking...he would follow an alkaline diet if he had cancer...to me that's like saying "l'll quit smoking if I'm ever diagnosed with lung cancer." Again, prevention is the "key"...start eating an alkaline diet TODAY...and, hopefully, no cancer tomorrow.

yes...the fact that he would make a statement like that is really interesting....
so, let's GO GREEN TODAY for a healthier tomorrow...........wither..get out your cheerleading uniform..........IT'S TIME.....
Last edited by niki on July 24th, 2010, 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

again it is not exactly what Dr Oz said.. guess  I am being ignored again... :yawn:. have fun..
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

LovinLDL wrote:Just curious has anyone done research on snopes?...not on this specific topic but on how snopes decides if things are true or not?  I heard once that it was a Mom and Pop operation that had a very different world view than myself and that they seemed to have their "friends". 

there was something i heard at one time that discredited them a little in my view.....i'm a conservative republican and i believe they're liberals but i don't think it was that...i can't quite put my finger on it...
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

lulu65 wrote:again it is not exactly what Dr Oz said.. guess  I am being ignored again... :yawn:. have fun..

noone's ignoring you.....so, you mean he said he would go on a MORE alkaline diet...in that case, i can understand that......being on a really alkaline diet for a really long time is very difficult to do.....and, actually, i said the same thing.....i would go on a VERY alkaline diet if i found out i had cancer.....
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Niki, two people pointed out to me that I missread your post........I went back and reread it. They were right I did read it wrong.So sorry about that statement. I guess I better put my glasses on from now on. Anyway I took it off............Wither
Last edited by witheraway1 on July 25th, 2010, 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Wither, you must have the gift of exhortation/encouragement (I don't think cheerleading is listed in the Bible) but you are sure blessed with an abundance of both!

yes...the fact that he would make a statement like that is really interesting....
so, let's GO GREEN TODAY for a healthier tomorrow...........withe r..get out your cheerleading uniform..........IT'S TIME.....

Niki, What exactly do you mean by that .....Would you prefer  that I be mean and hateful................W ell,thats not me don't read my post if you don't want to be uplifted....You don't like me encouraging people..well, get over it!...........Wither

Oh Wither Niki loves that you have the gift of encouragement she was not criticizing you at all......I think you might have misunderstood her trying to reference Lindas comments about you....and she was just saying that now would be a good time for you to jump in with encouragement for people to take care of their health in a preventative proactive way instead of a reactive way since you are so good at it!!!!  : )
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Excuse this post..........
Last edited by witheraway1 on July 25th, 2010, 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.