interesting points of knowledge

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
witheraway1
Master Member

Re: interesting points of knowledge

Post by witheraway1 »

Thanks Roger for reminding  us to be careful......point very well taken.........Wither
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

witheraway1 wrote:Niki, two people pointed out to me that I missread your post........I went back and reread it. They were right I did read it wrong.So sorry about that statement. I guess I better put my glasses on from now on. Anyway I took it off............Wither

I'M SO SORRY THAT YOU DID....i meant it in the best possible way.....IN FACT, i was hoping that someone from the old days would remember how we ALMOST had a cheerleading squad................ 
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

DEBBIEWEBE wrote:
Niki, What exactly do you mean by that .....Would you prefer  that I be mean and hateful................W ell,thats not me don't read my post if you don't want to be uplifted....You don't like me encouraging people..well, get over it!...........Wither

Oh Wither Niki loves that you have the gift of encouragement she was not criticizing you at all......I think you might have misunderstood her trying to reference Lindas comments about you....and she was just saying that now would be a good time for you to jump in with encouragement for people to take care of their health in a preventative proactive way instead of a reactive way since you are so good at it!!!!  : )

thanks deb....i wouldn't want anyone to think i had anything but the best intentions.....
deb....YOU remember when we talked about having our own cheerleading squad, don't you?
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

So what was your old uniform? Shall we go with pink capri's for this new squad????
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

LINDA RN wrote:So what was your old uniform? Shall we go with pink capri's for this new squad????

i can't REMEMBER......i do remember that one member asked for a short sleeved uniform so her upper arms wouldn't be "flappin in the breeze"......but, mary simmons said she worked really hard to have thin little arms and wanted to show them off...............color?.......THAT i don't remember.....debbie?......mary?
PINK?.........i need the slimming effect of black.......HOW ABOUT black capris and mauve tops?......or gray bottoms?......gray and mauve is really pretty...........
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

We sang this song in church this morning and I really listened to the words as I sang it:

"Let there peace on earth, and let it begin with me.
Let there be peace on earth, the peace that was meant to be.
With God our creator, children all are we.
Let us walk with each other in perfect harmony.

Let peace begin with me, let this be the moment now.
With every step I take, let this be my solemn vow.
To take each moment and live each moment in peace eternally.
Let there be peace on earth, and let it begin with me."

I apologize for my part in the dissension on the boards the last few days.

Humbly,
Ollie
Last edited by barrypaxton on July 25th, 2010, 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Love ya Ollie  *hug*  :kissed: *love*
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

I like the slimming effect of black........I can use all I can get......
Ok, this is not a very cheerful subject........as we can all see it's very touchy to even talk about...........I hope none of us EVER have to make that decision..........One thing for sure we are eating LDL THE GOOD HEALTHY WAY TO EAT. That has to help us all health wise.  And with all that fruit we eat we have got to be the sweetest people on  earth. Thanking again all you wonderful people on the boards.....I know we can acheive our goals........All of us.  I am sending roses your way     :rose: :rose:   :rose:   :rose:    Wither
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

What I remember Ethyl errrr I mean Niki.....is you trying to make me official  "leader of the cheers"  to which I greatfully pass the torch to Wither with much love and respect.  I am glad to see everyone calming down a bit today.  We have lots of sick and hurting people on these boards.  Some physically and some emotionally which is why so many of us have eating problems or might be a bit overly sensitive to criticism.  Its so important to stick together and try and listen and learn all we can on here.  Its not that hard to disagree in a noncombative manner.  If you think of everyone on here as your "friend"  and on your "team"  we can begin to believe we all have the same goals that we can reach with the support and friendship we find here.  God gives us all different gifts and strenghts that are our blessing to share with each other.  Lets use our gifts to glorify his name. 
EAT LOVE PRAY
Love and God Bless
Debbie
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Well said Debbie!  Pam
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

DEBBIEWEBE wrote:What I remember Ethyl errrr I mean Niki.....is you trying to make me official  "leader of the cheers"  to which I greatfully pass the torch to Wither with much love and respect.  I am glad to see everyone calming down a bit today. 

Its so important to stick together and try and listen and learn all we can on here.  Its not that hard to disagree in a noncombative manner. 

thanks, lucy.....errr i mean deb..............haha.......i totally agree........

common goal...to become the best we can be with the information we accumulate and experiment with

ok...ok...ok.........NOW, how about THIS new diet???.....you eat ALL the cucumbers you can eat until you're the size you want to be........haha...just kidding(i added that in for any newbies who might believe me)
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I believe the okra diet tops that! Eat all the okra you want all day and boiled is better. Talk about a colon cleanse!
Excuse me, I have to cut into a watermelon. Weigh-in is tomorrow and it is really, really hot here.
Linda

CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

No, it's the asparagus diet that tops that one, Linda. Talk about an instant diuretic...so stay close to the little girls room.

CQ
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

LINDA RN wrote:I believe the okra diet tops that! Eat all the okra you want all day and boiled is better. Talk about a colon cleanse!

OH NO.......NOT the OKRA diet.................i HATE okra...........actually, that would be a good idea if i was in a world where all there was was OKRA.........it would be a great way to introduce my body to fasting(something i've always had a problem doing)
ASPARAGUS......i forgot about it's diuretic effect...have some in the freezer.......well, it's NOT doing me any good in there....

well, glad that guy didn't smoke pot before he fell off the tractor.....and, glad it helped him.....
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Hey, what happened to my post? I answered CQ with the ultimate diet....the asparagus/okra diet. Diuretic and cathartic....flush those pounds away! ;D
Linda

CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

LINDA RN,

I don't know but that works for me.. :thumbsup:

CQ
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

In case anyone missed the humor....you have to develop a taste for okra and asparagus and not many people do, so imagine a diet of only eating okra and aspargus and all you can eat!

Reminds me of a hospital I worked where the non-professionals went on strike. They contracted out the meals and served the same menu every week. I think it was Wed night they always had tuna casserole and cooked spinach. Most people hated both so they were left with a drink and maybe a desert. Don't know why they would put both of those on the same plate....personally I thought it was great but then again I did not get to be this size because I was a picky eater. *lipssealed* I like okra and asparagus too. :drool:
Linda

Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

I thought the same thing about Okra as Nikki wrote.  I think it's the only veggie that I don't like.  It feels slimy in my mouth. My mom raised it, and she liked it a lot.  I do love asparagus.  *love* to all JF
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

To get rid of the slime, my grandmother always soaked fresh okra in ice cold water for about an hour and then dried them completely before slicing to make her gumbos. My uncle says adding a little white vinegar to the water works best. He says it's the acid that gets rid of the slime and to make sure you cook it with some type of acid...like vinegar, tomatoes...etc.

CQ
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Hummmm...a little squeeze of lemon or lime???

But does gettin rid of the slime also get rid of the GI lubricant effect?  :D

Boiled okra and Whitecastle hamburgers....no need to chew, they just slide right on down :tongue:
Linda