interesting points of knowledge

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Re: interesting points of knowledge

Post by crickadoodle »

I love okra and asparagus, but I couldn't eat just those two things.  :D  Okra is one of the rare veggies my husband likes -- and especially when it is slimy, but he also wants the tomatoes in it and I haven't been able to make him understand that I can't do slimy and tomatoes.  Now that someone posted how the acid things take the slime out, I can make him understand.  He thought if I cooked it longer or something it would be slimy. 

Wanda, I think you'd like my okra dish  if you tried it.  I saute onions in oil and then add the okra.  Then I add salsa to it and it is so good like that.  I've been using the mild Great Value salsa.  My husband and my mom both like it that way -- and I do too. 
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

One of my favorite things that my grandmother use to make is okra patties. It's basically the same thing as salmon patties except, of course, you use okra instead.

CQ
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Please Post it CQ,
DH and I love Okra....or are the patties not "legal"?
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

LINDA RN,

I'll try to remember to post it after I'm done working tonight.

CQ