[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4790: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
Let's Do Lunch Community • View topic - how often do you weigh?

Let's Do Lunch Community

See your doctor for approval before starting any new eating program.
The Key to Let's Do Lunch is to "Add a Little Something Fattening" to something nonfattening, to make it Taste Great! Read the New Red Book to find out how this is done!

Author believes we are put on this earth to have a chance to love The Lord. Other than that, we are here to help God bless as many other people as possible.

It is currently

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: how often do you weigh?

I can get nuts with a scale I mean truly over the edge crazy, specially if I am staying on program. I  expect too much.

so I had my husband hide my scale and I figured I would weigh on the 15th and 30th of each month so I will always see good losses.  I also take measurements and pictures those days. Well that is the plan from yesterday anyhow :)

so how often do you weigh?

12/01/2010 - 319
04/09/2011 - 311
04/16/2011 - 306
4/23/2011 - 303
no scale.....

Profile Send private message  

I weigh everyday.........It helps me to tract myself and find out what tends to make the scale go up or down........Of course if this is going to depress you, you shouldn't do it . I know they say to weigh once a month........I can't wait that long .........I have to know and if the results aren't good it does not bother me at all. There are some LDL foods that stall my weight loss if I eat them......I would have never known had not for weighting everyday. So it's your choice. We are all different....my husband can eat all LDL foods no problem.He weighs every Friday.

It does not so much depress me as make me anxious. It also makes me question and analyze my every move if I do not lose.

Mine is excited about beans, he loves beans, all kinds of beans.  We will go shopping Thursday and stock up.

12/01/2010 - 319
04/09/2011 - 311
04/16/2011 - 306
4/23/2011 - 303
no scale.....

When I first began my husband also hid the scales for the first month.  After that I have weighed everyday but I am not bothered if I am up since I figure it is just water gain. 
Did you  measure before you began?  It is best to go by that not a number on the scales.

I've been doing LDL for more than a year now.  I weighed and had a photo taken of me when I started.  I have not stepped on my scale since.  It's under the bed somewhere where the dust bunnies play.  That said I have been to the doctor but I didn't look when I was being weighed.

I have the next size down pair of shorts and a pair of almost fit shorts that I try on daily.  It is a thrill when the next size down slips over my butt.  The almost fits I'm usually working on the muffin top disappearing before I wear them out in public.

I just did a closet sweep and I have no 12's left period.  I had two dresses that I made and loved--but look terrible in now so they are in the box with the 12's as well.  Also two suit jackets that I made.  OMG, I just made them last year and they are sooo big on me.

I have a walk in closet with almost no clothes!  I have three size 10 pants that fit and three that don't.  I'm thinking by December when it might just be cool enough to wear slacks that none of them will be small enough.  (I live in central Florida.)

I have three pair of size 10 shorts that fit and three that don't.  I have an adorable pair of 8's that I can button--but muffin top keeps them in the chair for daily try on's.

I don't even want to discuss how many tops have gone by by.  Even my incentive outfit has gone by by.  Need to purchase another cute outfit--but what size?

When I put my mind to eating LDL and only LDL the inches just fall away.  I don't ask why.  I just go with the eating plan.  It works, its easy to follow and I can do it.

Long way of answering your question.  I don't weigh myself.  I just try on clothes.

RB Kayaking

My beans are cooking right now............It does help to like beans, my husband feels the same way about beans, he could eat them everyday and sometimes does..I love them but get tired of them sometimes...Wither

I did measure :) I was truly so excited after reading the book I measured (way worse than I expected) and took pictures front side and back. I got my web page up and running, a blog page on my computer and I am ready to succeed. I love all the foods and can eat this way for life.

don't get me wrong I have always claimed to be a processed carb junkie, but to live, I can give them up.

12/01/2010 - 319
04/09/2011 - 311
04/16/2011 - 306
4/23/2011 - 303
no scale.....

RP!  :rose: I stand in awe that is wonderful! :thumbsup:  I cannot wait to see my cloths bag :) 

now you have me thinking... I go to the doctor every three months anyhow, I could just WI there. Then it would be OHHHH yeah

must think on this LOL  :D

12/01/2010 - 319
04/09/2011 - 311
04/16/2011 - 306
4/23/2011 - 303
no scale.....

RB KAYAKING.............Does that muffin top ever go away? Seems like at no matter what weight I have one. I would like to get rid of that....Has anyone else got rid of theirs?  I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THAT GONE FOREVER............WITHER

Hi.. I weigh every day.. I have Cardiomyopothy and CHF... so the Dr suggests I weigh every day. If I am up 3 to 5 pounds I have to call Dr.  I know I fluctuate but I always take Monday as the rule weight so far that has been working for me.
Hugs! Kathie in Fl.

OK, before you people condemned me to the nearest psych ward at least hear me out... ;)

You should only weigh yourself once a month (every 28 days). Believe it or not, the moon's phases actually affect our weight. You have to remember that our bodies are made up primarily of water and, like the tides, the moon does affect us as well. So, in order to get a true picture of how much weight you've actually lost, you need to weigh every 28 days.

CQ

the courage to change the one I can,
and the wisdom to know it's me."

"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed.

LINDA RN,
That will be your assignment..
CQ

Dang, CQ I wasn't ready to go back to school and have assignments! You sound like a Prof.
You sure you are not moonlighting? :D

And doctors adjusting scales??? Most can't even use the computer let alone mess with digital scales, LOL
I know for sure ours (all digital) have not been adjusted anyway, LOL, and we always zero them out before getting patients on them.

When I weigh it is not because I have some magic number in mind, I just mostly want to seen if I gained but more important how much I am loosing.

the courage to change the one I can,
and the wisdom to know it's me."

"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed.

Last edited by LINDA RN on , edited 1 time in total.

No, I'm not moonlighting... :laughing: Who has the time for that? I just don't have a clue as to when we weigh the least...I really wasn't paying that close attention...it was during one of my son's school field trips to MOSI (Museum of Science and Industry) in Tampa.

I hear you...most of the docs act like the computer is going to explode if they touch it...much less use it. But, I do know that some of the offices adjust their scales....and some of the hospitals as well.

CQ

CQ, that is exactly what I came to realize so many years ago, that muscle weigh more than fat, so I decided no more scales for me. 

JEM,

There's nothing wrong with using a scale as a tool to see how much you have lost as long as you remember that you're probably not going to fit within the guidelines for your height and bone structure.

CQ