how often do you weigh?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
CodingQueen
Master Member

Re: how often do you weigh?

Post by CodingQueen »

Crickadoodle,

I agree with you in regards to giving yourself that extra incentive to stay on tract....it's a mind thing but if that's what works for you and others then I say go for it.  :thumbsup:

I was just answering the question based on what I could remember from that field trip...I haven't totally lost it...my mind's only half mush.

CQ
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I just thought it was funny that I didn't agree with you for a change.  ;)
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Crick- I love your feather/lead analogy.  Very useful.  Pam
ps- I'm "feathers"!
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

crickadoodle wrote:I just thought it was funny that I didn't agree with you for a change.   ;)

Hey, there's a first time for everything  ;) and this World would be a very boring place if we all thought alike.

CQ
Last edited by CodingQueen on July 26th, 2010, 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JEM

Post by JEM »

CQ of course there is nothing wrong with using a scale to track your weight loss progress.  I'm just saying that it isn't for me ;-)
Never let 'em see you sweat!
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

JEM,

There's nothing wrong with that, either.

I'd take a sledgehammer to mine like Kirsten Anderberg does in her comedy performances but my cats would probably never forgive me for it. They like to watch all the bright lights go on when they step on it.

CQ
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hi 51,

I weigh myself every day and always have. My weight can fluctuate wildly, based on the foods or combination of foods that I eat. It helps to keep me on track, it motivates me and tells me which foods to eat again and which foods to avoid or eat less often. That works for me. :thumbsup:

If I weighed once a month I would not know which foods my body liked or didn't.  :wrong:

I know we are going to hear great news about your success.

Julie :rose:
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I will take a sledge hammer to mine (scales) when a size ten is comfortably loose again!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

oooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - can  we see a video?  :laughing:

Julie :rose:
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

My pleasure, but I will have to get a new phone(camera) and a better high speed connection to upload it. Maybe we will have 4G by then.  :D
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

angpell
New, but learning

Post by angpell »

Very interesting views on weighing, I have struggled with that also. I can see everyone's points, I change the way I way weigh often.  My husband believes the way KB kayaking does it is the way to go, just trying on clothes and forget about the scale, he was trying to convince me of this just today, so it was funny to read this post. 

51, the best thing you could have done for yourself is to start eating the LDL way.  You will see your clothes getting baggy and you will have to move on to smaller and smaller sizes. It will happen and it is so exciting. 

Love the moon phase thing! Makes sense to me CQ, even if it is minimal.  Ask the nurses in the delivery wards, a full moon always brings loads of babies and my husband who was a commercial fisherman for years knew which moon brought which shrimp and how much.

Angelle
NoMoreLCforMe
New, but learning

Post by NoMoreLCforMe »

I've always weighed daily.  It helps me with maintenance and keeps me on track.  I've learned not to let the scale number bother me when it goes up a bit.  I know when to expect fluctuations.
Made the switch to LDL after 10 years of low carb dieting for maintenance.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Totally off topic, but I just love seeing posts by Angpell!!  :) :D  ;D :laughing:  You are doing great, girl!  Proud of you. :thumbsup:
angpell
New, but learning

Post by angpell »

Hey Crick! Off topic too, but guess what I can do now?  :D :laughing: ;D that's right, I can insert smiley faces! Pretty much everyone is calling me Angelle, Angpell is not as cute as Crickadoodle!

Back on topic, I like the idea you gave about weighing in on Mondays and Fridays. I will try that. You always talk me into EVERYTHING! So glad you do! Luv ya,
                                                    Angelle
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Just one more post, Angelle, and you can put up your picture!  :D
Linda

VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Well, I have seen postings on weighing daily, monthly, twice a week, or not at all.  But not once a week like I do and have since I started on LDL June of 2009.  I weigh in on Mondays so I can see what the entire week before me did to my body.  If I gained a pound (not too often), I cut out my nightly popcorn for a couple of days and if I lost I just continued on the LDL path.

Also, right before I go to the doctor, I weigh myself with my clothes on but without my shoes.  After finding out how much I weigh on the doctor's scale (without my shoes), I weigh myself at home again to see what the fluctuation between my scale and the doctor's scale is -- my scale usually weighs between 1 and 2 pounds more.
Last edited by VickiLynn on July 30th, 2010, 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
angpell
New, but learning

Post by angpell »

Linda RN thanks for the reminder about the posts, this one may make me eligible to insert my picture, which is easier said then done. I think I saw some instructions but if I can't figure it out you can believe I will be calling on you.

VickiLynn, I like the idea about the doctor's office and how you compare your scale to theirs.  We have a doctor's scale at the school that I work at and I'm going to try what you said.