It's Official!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
rodie

It's Official!

Post by rodie »

Well I am officially retired,I turned in my badge and was done about 10:15 this morning after my exit interview.Going to take a week off to go visit a step-sister and I'm going to do a craft project, making a gazing ball with colored stones on a  bowling ball,then I will start to declutter a house we have lived in for 32 years :shock: oh the stuff I have in drawers,closits and under the stairs! :thumbdown:
One good thing, I can take my time. I joined a club and was a good one for saying I was to tired when I got home from work to go, so now I am looking forward to starting swimming at least a couple of times a week.In the fall I would like to start to do meals on wheels again,I found that I loved that years ago when I did it.
Hope eveyone has a good weekend
Hugzzzz
Rodie :)
Karen Weeks

Re: It's Official!

Post by Karen Weeks »

Wish I could join the retired club. need to wait till I am 70 that is 6 more years  Enjoy your time, you sure do deserve it  Hugs Karen
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Congratulations Rodie. I highly recommend retirement. I tell everyone that if I had known retirement was this much fun, I would have done it straight out of college and would have skipped the 30 years of working!!!  :D

Enjoy,
Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
51_too_young_to_be_old

Post by 51_too_young_to_be_old »

ENJOY!  I am still way too young, but someday....
{o,o}
|)__)
-"--"-

12/01/2010 - 319
04/09/2011 - 311
04/16/2011 - 306
4/23/2011 - 303
no scale.....
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Rodie, Welcome to retirement.  My house is still cluttered and I've been retired a while. LOL.  I have missed your posts.  :thumbsup: JF
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hey Rodie,

Congratulations!  That's fabulous!  I know you have a list of things that ought to be done but please remember to schedule some fun in there. K? 

Julie :rose:
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I feel so fortunate that I could have retired at age 55 (4 years ago) with 30 years Civil Service. But retirement means living on half of what you were making when working, and I can always thing of something else that will need to be replaced first. Oh well, maybe 2012???
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

You are so right Linda, that's what keeps me going. When the money stops everything changes.      Wither
Kathie

Post by Kathie »

Congrats Rodie~  I am looking forward to that day too in a few more years! Enjoy~!
Hugs! Kathie in FL.
[
Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

Rodie  Congrat's  I am going to pop your bubble.  You will find with retirement that there is less hour's in the day than when you worked.  I don't know why but it just happens.  I am busier now than before I retired.  But I do have fun being busy.  As for the de clutter  good luck it took a move to semi-declutter and I still have clothes full.  Good luck on retirement.
Travel  IT is fun
Clown Lady
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

One of our nurses who retired after 40 something years said she was busier too. Said everyone says, "Lets get Rosie to do it. She doersn't work" LOL :shocked:
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I remember my mom how busy she was, and I used to say that I am never going to retire because I'd never have any time to myself!  :laughing:  I'm not really retired, now that I'm caring for Mom, but I am no longer teaching.  It feels like a retirement.  At least for a time.