[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4790: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
Let's Do Lunch Community • View topic - out to eat question

Let's Do Lunch Community

See your doctor for approval before starting any new eating program.
The Key to Let's Do Lunch is to "Add a Little Something Fattening" to something nonfattening, to make it Taste Great! Read the New Red Book to find out how this is done!

Author believes we are put on this earth to have a chance to love The Lord. Other than that, we are here to help God bless as many other people as possible.

It is currently

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: out to eat question

we are going to dinner Friday night IHop.  they have a IHOP for me menu thinking of getting

Veggie omelette  with mushrooms, green peppers onion fire roasted tomatoes & side of fruit
or
spinach, mushroom & tomato omelette for me with spinach, mushrooms, onions & side of fruit

both are made with egg whites or egg beaters.

so would this be my main meal or would it still be ok for a regular dinner?

12/01/2010 - 319
04/09/2011 - 311
04/16/2011 - 306
4/23/2011 - 303
no scale.....

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: out to eat question

Great Question 51!!  I hope someone has the answer..We use to go to Ihop in the old days!  Now it might be do-able..
Thank you. Hugs.. Kathie in Fl.

51, I think under the new book I've read about, one can eat anything during the day as long as it is LDL approved.  However if you did that it could slow down your weight loss, but you will still continue to lose.  I believe there are two types of eating plan under LDL, one with eating your protein laden meal at lunch and then having just fruits for dinner.  OR as I mentioned above.  Someone correct me please if I am wrong.  So that being said, I think your meal at IHOP looks good.  Just double check with them that they don't cook your eggs in butter.

For me your question is a little confussing....Are you asking if I eat that can I also have a regular dinner.....or are you asking if you can eat a regular dinner instead of a omelet....If you don't want eggs for dinner then you can switch your lunch for dinner and eat lean meat and veggies, salad.  That's probably what I would do........decisions ...decisions         :laughing:       Wither

Your planned eating at IHOP would have been a breakfast meal for me when I first started LDL over a year ago.  I was always hungry just eating fruit for breakfast and had veggie omelets often.  In addition to the breakfast omelet, my lunch meal would be my heavy protein (chicken, beef, turkey, fish) meal and I would eat until full.  Supper was, and still is, fruit or a fruit smoothie and popcorn, if still hungry.  I don't think this one meal will derail your weight loss, but I wouldn't make it an everyday one.

Last edited by VickiLynn on , edited 1 time in total.

aww yes ok, I can have my fruit / veg for lunch and protein meal for dinner... this is doable. thank you

12/01/2010 - 319
04/09/2011 - 311
04/16/2011 - 306
4/23/2011 - 303
no scale.....

Last edited by CodingQueen on , edited 1 time in total.

Don't beat yourself up about it, because when you eat out you are governed by where you are going to eat...and most times you don't have the "say so" about that...so, you just do as the New Red Book says and eat the Most Appealing Menu Item of those that are "Let's Do Lunch Compliant"...so, both of your choices are WONDERFUL!

God bless and enjoy,

Roger Troy

Roger Troy, author of Let's do Lunch (amazing reviews at amazon.com, made The 700 Club's "Top Highlights of the Last 50 Years!", called an "International Sensation", a "Smash Hit" and the "Most Buzzed-about Weight-loss Book of the Year!" by FIRST Magazine (for women)

Not trying to cause a stir.....and I could be completely wrong here but I thought one time someone was discussing omelets in here and someone said I HOP puts pancake batter in theres?????  Does anyone else remember that? 

Great point, Debbie. Whatever you do, make sure your omelet has no pancake batter in it...just "Let's Do Lunch Compliant Ingredients".

God bless and enjoy,

Roger Troy

Roger Troy, author of Let's do Lunch (amazing reviews at amazon.com, made The 700 Club's "Top Highlights of the Last 50 Years!", called an "International Sensation", a "Smash Hit" and the "Most Buzzed-about Weight-loss Book of the Year!" by FIRST Magazine (for women)

:shock: pancake batter in omelets??? ewwww ok I need to "ask" for what I "need" and request a different venue or make sure I tell the waiter egg whites only. or as suggested earlier have a grilled chicken salad entree.

Thinking el pollo loco sounds good, they have chicken, steamed vegies corn on the cob salad and a vegetarian boiled pinto bean thing. I will suggest this as an alternative.

12/01/2010 - 319
04/09/2011 - 311
04/16/2011 - 306
4/23/2011 - 303
no scale.....

and and and because I am a forever checker I just called el pollo loco and their pinto beans are as I thought Gluten free and no animal product. they are JUST boiled seasoned pinto beans :) this is sounding like a good place for me :)

12/01/2010 - 319
04/09/2011 - 311
04/16/2011 - 306
4/23/2011 - 303
no scale.....

It sounds like a delicious choice!  I hope someone can find out if IHOP actually puts pancake batter in their omelets.  Yikes!  Just goes to show that surprising ingredients unexpectedly appear in great sounding foods- like sugar in canned beans, really :wacko:!  Pam