I'm a newbie on day three

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Bren
New, but learning

I'm a newbie on day three

Post by Bren »

Hello! :D

It was a fluke that led me to LDL...I actually typed in google "what to try when you've tried every diet" and this website popped up! I ordered the book and got it on Thursday. I had kinda started this on Thursday, so you can say I've been eating mostly on this plan for four days. I really got serious with it on Friday (after a crash reading) and couldn't resist weighing on Saturday. I was four pounds down! I didn't weigh today. I really want to wait for a while before weighing.

Good things I've found so far:

Roger, you are right! The cravings for junk is gone!

We had a fellowship meal at church and I brought LDL food, ate my LDL food plus some fresh peas and corn. I didn't even feel the slighted bit tempted by all that fattening food. My hubby brought home a pie from the dinner and I don't even want a single bite! What I loved was that I cooked LDL food, took it to the fellowship and everyone ate it and seemed to love it! They never knew I was eating differently.

For the first time in a long time, I have hope that I can lose this weight!

Thank you Roger for this WOE and your book!

Weight:
217 to start
213 today!
~Bren

LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: I'm a newbie on day three

Post by LINDA RN »

Welcome Bren,
In your journal I asked all the questions you answered here. What you are experiencing is what most of us have experienced and it is the reason we are all so excited to share. Ask questions, join in the small talk and make friends here. Enjoy the train ride to Skinnytown. You will be entering Onederland soon (199lbs). I just recently got there. The journey is so exciting.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Welcome to the greatest way of eating, Bren.  You  will love the boards and the foods, just as you have the last three days.  :thumbsup: Joyful Friend
Kathie

Post by Kathie »

Welcome Lv!  I know you will have many easy successes down the road.. Enjoy the journey!  See you on the caboose!
Hugs Kathie in Fl.
[
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hey LV - Welcome!  It sounds like you are going to have great success on LDL!  You are going to be so excited to see the changes in  your body and your health. Can't wait to hear more from you.

Julie :rose:
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Hey, I knew I wasn't the only cheerleader outthere...You guys are  always there.........Keep  on , you are so helpful. you were to me .......Thanks so much      *love*  wither

Lv....This plan does work, just remember it is not a fast weight loss , so don't get encourageed. Stay on plan it will work for you...........It took me a while , some lose faster than others...It's not how fast it comes off,,,,,,,,,,, but that it does..........come here for questions and encouragement. We will always help in any way cause we have all been there............The main thing IS stay true, eat only LDL FOODS and stay with us.  only eat if you are hungry........  you don't have to eat if you are not. Enjoy your ride...........Wither
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Welcome LV, sounds like you are on the right track. I look forward to reading your posts.    ck
Sneaky Snoopy
Master Member

Post by Sneaky Snoopy »

Welcome to the new you.  You are going to have so much fun.  This WOE is great and easy.  Plus you always have many to help you out along the way on these boards. 

Don't forget to take some before pictures.  these will be your last big pictures you will ever take.  Also you might need to take your measurements.  Some times the scale doesn't move but your body is still shrinking.  the measurements will confirm this.  Your book and the boards are your best support system. 

Welcome to LDL and I will see you around the boards.
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

lv2draw62 wrote: It was a fluke that led me to LDL...

Lvtodraw... your fluke will turn into a new adventure -- one that will allow you to eat until full, lose weight, improve your overall health and change your life forever! 

I am curious about your screen name -- what do you draw?  In what medium?  Do you do draw just for yourself or do you share your passion with others?
Bren
New, but learning

Post by Bren »

What a wonderful welcome!

Roger, I did come to the website first after "googling" it, then ordered the book from Amazon after reading many of the comments from the members. On Amazon, I read some excerpts from the book and all the good comments from those who ordered it. I was convinced and I joined the website that day. My impression of the website was that this is very well run and the welcome here is tremendous! What a blessing you are giving other people!

VickiLynn, I draw in graphite and colored pencil...it is just my joy! I am not professionally trained though I participate in the Drawing and Sketching section of an artists website called "WetCanvas". It serves as a stress reliever for me...
~Bren

Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

LV Welcome on board the train to Skinnytown.  We have some fun threads here don't be affraid to hop in.  There is the race on the loose caboose.  Post your weight and Sneaky Snoopy with keep up with it.  She is also an artist and then there is the other caboose thread where we chat have tea or LDL friendly food for the day.  IT is on the second floor of the caboose.  We are a gread support team here  so when in doubt about something just ask and someone will answer.  Again welcome on board
Clown Lady
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

LV- Congratulations on embarking on this wonderful, life-changing journey.  You will love it here.  We look forward to hearing all the details of your successes!  Pam
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Congratulations for joining the train to Skinnytown! As you can see we are all enthusiatic here about this woe. I have been eating this way for just a little over a year lost 39 #s (which is about16#'s more that I thought I would ever loose) and still love this woe. Wow!! I think that is awesome. Glad you joined us!

welcome aboard!
Bobbi