Book Club

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Sneaky Snoopy
Master Member

Re: Book Club

Post by Sneaky Snoopy »

Welcome to the Book Club.  We are reading the introduction and chapter 1.

Frist chat session will be the week of the 16th. 

Happy page turning.
Sneaky Snoopy
Master Member

Post by Sneaky Snoopy »

Did everyone read the INTRO and Chapter 1? 

Now that we have read Rogers story, lets give some light on a piece of your story.  It can be how  you found LDL, What mistakes you made, What programs you tried but didn't work, what sinful foods that you no longer need to eat.  Its your story go for it.
Karen Weeks

Post by Karen Weeks »

My Story  Had a friend doing ldl (JESSICA)  and brougt me stew and chili.  I liked it and then stated to read her book, but stopped when it came to no dairy.  I said no way I have to have my glass of skim milk for supper.  Then as time went on she was lovingitand looking GOOD  so I got on line and ordered the book and have been eating LDL way since Feb/  Lost 16 # but was put in the hosp for pnuemonia and ate their way, so therefore when I got out of hosp. it was very hard.  Then I hooked up with Kathie from Fl and she has been my inspiration since then.  Always words of encouragement,  There fore I have 1 more pouind to get back to my 16# off.  I love this food, I love this way of eating.  I have lost my cravings for the bad stuf.  Thank you LDL and all who have inspired me I love you all Thanks Karen
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Karen I had the same problem with the milk, but checked with my doctor, and I have not missed it.  I do take VD and calcium and exercise to keep my bones strong.  I enjoy the fruit so very much that I don't miss the sugar sweets.  They were my weakness as well as pizza.  I still eat pizza substitute like corn thins with sauce and veggies.  I made the bean pizza crust.  It will be a weekly staple. It is delicious and so filling.  Thanks for that recipe.  :thumbsup: JF
Sneaky Snoopy
Master Member

Post by Sneaky Snoopy »

I always had a issue with my weight.  I went to Tops, Weight Watchers, Dr Phill's book, They didn't last long.  Looking back at the times that I would over eat would be when I was stressed, depressed or lonely.  I would eat things only when I was by my self.  I had my stashes hidden from the kids.  One of the worst things that I would eat was a bag of potato chips with onion dip.  I would eat the whole bag in one sitting and then I felt ill.  I am glad to say that I don't have that craving anymore.  The only danger foods out there right now is good dark chocolate, hot out of the oven chocolate chip cookie and pizza.  I am half way through to my goal weight.  Now I just have to go the rest of the way.  Reading the book again and talking about it just might help.

Chapter TWO is next  Tell your story and start reading.  :cool:
Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

I really think I was born heavy.  I was heavy all my life, deprived food at the table so went and found a way to finance my candy habit.  I would buy for the kids at school and sell it for a little more which bought mine.  I turned me into a sneaky eater and I am still a sneaky eater.  I knew how long it would take to eat a large McDonald fries throw the wrapper out the window air the car out before I got home from work.  That is bad.  I also tried all the diet groups and tapes and nothing worked longer than a month.  Snoopy first bought the blue book for me in May of 2009 and I read it and started the program.  Did quite well until my move and DH health problems.  I went to having bites here and there and I have been on a GREAT BIG STALL.  Stress plays a big part of weight loss.  I just spent a week with Snoopy and we have kick started each other and I am back on track.  I spent 11 days away from home and lost 2 pounds.  That is good for me.  I am already feeling better.  I LIKED THE WAY I FELT ON LDL AND DIDN'T LIKE THE SICKNESS I FELT BY EATING WHAT IS NOT ON PROGRAM.  Please Newbies stay focused on program and the weight will drop.  I have maintained thru my stall but I should have already been to goal or close.  I WILL MAKE IT.  POWER OF POSSIVE THINKING.
CLOWN LADY
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
RB Kayaking
Master Member

Post by RB Kayaking »

I have been heavy every since I can remember and I can't remember anything pleasant about it. One time I was upset about the weight posted on my report card--I can't remember the grades, just that awful number.

Last June I was in the checkout line when a copy of “First Magazine” jumped into my cart.  Let’s Do Lunch was being highlighted and I read the article.  Said “no, way” and tossed the magazine aside.  I reread it a couple of days later and decided that I had nothing to lose but my sugar addiction cause I was eating a peanut butter cup and I was wearing a muffin top pair of shorts.

I figured I would give LDL three days because that was the longest I’d ever been on a diet before.  After one week and looser fitting clothes I thought that maybe I should order the red book and see what I might be missing.

So here I am a year plus later.  I can put on a dress that my grandmother had made for me in elementary school.  It’s a little short and snug across my chest but I can slip into it.  It might look cute with leggings?

That’s nine inches around my belly that has been eliminated.  I’m not sure where I will end up, size 8’s are in my future and I’m thinking size 6’s won’t be far behind.  It’s a journey that I have enjoyed being on and I am in no hurry to get to the end because I've never been here before.

I trust the plan and had no goals other than to eliminate my sugar addiction.

My closet has been has seen a ton of clothes come and go in an amazingly short amount of time.  I routinely purchase clothes that are too small and then find myself wearing them with no muffin tops.

I have no idea—was this too much to say for an intro and chapter one?

RB Kayaking
Sneaky Snoopy
Master Member

Post by Sneaky Snoopy »

It was perfect RB.  This is what this thread is all about.  reading and talking about it. 

I am very happy that the article on LDL was in First Magazine.  This is where I found it too.  I bought the blue book and gave it to my Mom first.  I had never gave a diet book to anyone until now.  I was nervous about her reaction.  She accepted it and gave it a try.  She was able to give up the potatoes and fried foods.  I thought if my Mom can do it so could I.  So here we are, Fruit eating, Bean Tooting, Enjoying a healthier life.
lrainbow2006

Post by lrainbow2006 »

"Fruit Eating, Bean Tooting, Enjoying a healthier life"...  Sneaky, that sounds like it should be one of your slogans for the contest!!

Started LDL  6/14/10
                  7/11/10  16# gone
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

I never had a weight problem until I meet my husband. I weighed any place from 110 to 125. My husband is a wonderful cook and loves to eat so after we got married I started packing on the pounds. My highest weight was 267. When I started WW about 5 years ago I was 222 and got down to 145 before I got so tired of counting points and being hungry all the time that I quit trying. When I started on LDL I was back up to 226. This has been the easiest plan I have ever tried to follow (I tried Atkins, pills, low calorie, low fat, Tops, etc). The trouble with WW was I didn't see myself always doing it. I can definitely see myself eating this way for the rest of my life!!!

Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
Sneaky Snoopy
Master Member

Post by Sneaky Snoopy »

Ollie - I think that is why LDL works.  It is for Life.  To live healthy, eating great tasting food. 
RB Kayaking
Master Member

Post by RB Kayaking »

Did anyone catch in the intro on page 9 red book about the guy that would eat half his meal, take a ten minute break and drink 8 oz of water?  Then he would finish his meal.  The result was that he lost weight really fast.

I wonder if he's been able to keep it off?  I'm sure he has if he continued eating LDL.

Did anyone else find anything that struck a funny bone?

RB Kayaking
Sneaky Snoopy
Master Member

Post by Sneaky Snoopy »

What I am finding is:  I'm not the only one with diet failure, hiding food, sneaking, etc. 
There are a lot of people who try different fad diet and FAILED.  We were there, Roger was there.  I had my secret hidding place for my junk food that I ate in private.  I have to say that I no longer hide my food (the good or the bad food).  This is a big thing.  Food is a choice not a craving.
Now out of all those people who hop diets monthly, I am very happy to be in the LDL eating club with you guys.  We WON the best of health with a side affect of weight loss.
jaydensmommy

Post by jaydensmommy »

Roger, when was the last update.  I have the one dated 2009.  Has it been updated since then?
Debbie B
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Hi everyone. I haven't recently reread the intro to the book..... I've been reading this thread and thought I might chime in anyway.
I was showed the First magazine article at work by a coworker who was really excited about LDL. I glanced through the article and thought "Yeah, another rabbit food diet! been there done that." with a humph I tosed the magazine aside. Next week my coworker showed me the LDL book she had checked out of the library. I looked at it. Again skeptical. Didn't read it just glanced through it went to hand it back and was told "oh just keep it over the week end. It's not due till next week" Boy now I was stuck. I had to read the book.
I have been heavy most of my adult life. My highest weight being 217. I was at 197 and starting to gain. I had tried WW, Atkins, liquid protien (in my younger and more desparate years), you name it. My biggest problem was, and I would tell others this, is that I just don't do hunger well.  I would start on a diet in the am and be chowing down everything in site by night. I though I was hopeless.
Well LDL has turned out to be the answer for me. No going hungry. When I saw that, I was hooked. I love potatoes and thought I would really miss them... Nope, beans do it just as well for me.
thanks all for letting me share and thanks for all your sharing.
This is a way I can eat the rest of my life and I love not craving food and not having it control my life anymore. Only wish I had found this woe sooner. But so thankful I found it when I did.
Sneaky Snoopy
Master Member

Post by Sneaky Snoopy »

Hopefull - Welcome to the book club.  We just started re-reading the book we are now starting Chapter 2. 
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Thanks Snoopy for letting me know where you are.
Sneaky Snoopy
Master Member

Post by Sneaky Snoopy »

Moving on to Chapter 2.
If you still want to post your story please feel free too.  Lets take this next week and read chapter 2 and the week of the 30th we can discuss it.  Enjoy you page turning.
Sneaky Snoopy
Master Member

Post by Sneaky Snoopy »

Let's finish up chapter 2 this weekend.  There are two recipes in chapter two, if you have time make them and we can discuss them after Labor Day.  Have a good weekend and enjoy chapter 2.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

SSnoopy, we have our last summer party on Monday, so I will make the two recipes.  I've enjoyed many of the great recipes on the boards, and from the book.  Ollie had a wonderful stuffed green pepper recipe on facebook.  I made them yesterday, and finished eating them today.  They are absolutely delicious.  Our son and granddaughter also  :sideways:loved them.  She needs to put the recipe on the boards.  Have a wonderful long week-end.  :thumbsup:  JF