fruit smoothie alert

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Clown Lady
Master Member

fruit smoothie alert

Post by Clown Lady »

Please stay away from the McDonald's Real Fruit Smoothies.  They are full of everything wrong.  Lots of SUGAR  a small one has 44 grams of sugar which equals 11 teaspoons
Ingredents
Wild Berry Smoothie
Strawberry puree blend, water, sugar blackberry puree, concentrated pineapple juice, concentrated apple juice, cellulose powder, zanthan gun, colored with fruit and vegtable juice, natural and aritfuical flavors, pectin and citric acid.  The yogart they put in it has Yogart, reduced fat mild, SUGAR, whey protein, fructose, corn starch, kosher gelatin, active yogart cultures.

I made the mistake of trying one and it blew my bodies into crazy cravings.  I couldn't seem to fill up all day. 
Please Please don't make the mistake I made by get one because it is a FRUIT SMOOTHIE. 

MAKE YOUR OWN AT HOME SO YOU KNOW WHAT IS IN THEM
CLOWN LADY
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
lrainbow2006

Re: fruit smoothie alert

Post by lrainbow2006 »

My son works at McD's and the minute we heard about the smoothies we looked up the nutrional info..It is such a shame that they can advertise "real fruit"  but throw in so much added sugar and crap that it ruins whatever good it can be...I agree..CL...make your own at home...

Started LDL  6/14/10
                  7/11/10  16# gone
bingo

Post by bingo »

clown lady,,,,we stopped at mcdonald`s,,,I usually get a cup of cofffee, and my grandson saw a "fruit smoothie" and wanted to try it,,,because it would be  "healthy",,,when he started sipping it he couldn`t drink it because it was sooo "Sweet",,,,when we checked out the ing. in it ,,,,then we knew WHY he didn`t like it,,,Praise the Lord,,,,he is learning  the ldl Way too !! Thanks for posting !    bingo
southernyankee

Post by southernyankee »

Clown Lady,
I am so sorry you had this bad experience with the McD's smoothie. They are going gung-ho with the ads on the TV to try to hook us all in. I had some strong suspicions that it would not be good in LDL terms!

However, many thanks for your warning on what seems to be just another variety of over-sugared, over processed Frankenfoods  :thumbdown:  That ingredients list tells it all  :'(

I agree the best advice is to make your own smoothies at home.

southernyankee
southernyankee
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

It is too bad that it is not healthy; however, one can make 3 healthy ones at home for the price of a small one.  I doesn't take long.  Smoothies are still a treat for me even though I have one or two a day.  I feel like I am splurging!!!  :thumbsup: :D JF
Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

We really do need a fast LDL food resturant.  When we are out and about you just like to pick something up that is healthy and unless you make it yourself there is not much out there.  
We have a Java Dave's in town and they serve fruit smoothies and it also comes from a pre mixed reciepe and I am sure that it is also full of sugar and not the good kind.
Clown Lady
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
G0Dallas
New, but learning

Post by G0Dallas »

I will sometimes get the small Jamba Juice All Fruit Smoothies when I am in a hurry.  I was trying to find if there's a hidden ingredient but can't find anything...
Scott53

Post by Scott53 »

This is so interesting post! I also think that we shouldn’t buy health smoothies from market. Instead we should make the Green drink at home. At least you’ll know which ingredients are in them.