LDL Pure - Restart

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
julie409
Master Member

LDL Pure - Restart

Post by julie409 »

Hi Everyone,

I was talking with Jess on another thread about starting this topic up again. I have been on LDL since May of 2009 with some lapses, especially over the holidays.  I have no idea why - but my body is really resistant now and won't give up the weight unless I am particularly stringent. Maybe it is time to reset my body to continue to lose. The main goal here is good health and I need to get the rest of the weight off.

So here are some posts from the original thread that will help to explain how it is done. I am beginning tomorrow; following the plan as Roger has written it in his wonderful book. I will also be exercising to increase my metabolism and help my body to move in the right direction. Here are the posts from the original thread ---- I hope you will consider joining us for a time or until you reach goal and share your experiences along the way - sort of like a group journal. You can post what you are eating or not - your call. All we expect on this post is caring and support as I know you all give every day.  *hug*  Thanks to all of you! Anyone else game?
Julie :rose:

My original post from 8/3/09
Hi Everyone,

A few of us have been discussing the results we are getting on LDL in another thread. Roger was kind enough to jump on and remind us that the BEST results are achieved when we follow LDL to the letter as he so painstakingly tested and proved. So we decided to follow LDL in it's purity, for a couple of weeks and see if our results improve or stay the same.  I BELIEVE it will make a big difference. I have already achieved better results in the last week bc I eliminated sauces, salsas and diet coke  For me, the sodium is a killer.

I have copied this from the book --- directly from the author      --- on page 43, if you want to go in and see what other tips are there!

Breakfast: Eat as much Fresh Fruit as you want.
Eat nothing through the rest of the morning.

Lunch: Make this your main meal.
Eat extra lean Beef, chicken, turkey, fish and other acceptable proteins. (Be sure to eat enough protein to hold you till dinner.)
You may also have all you can eat of acceptable soups, salads and vegetables.
Eat nothing until Dinner.

Dinner: First eat as much fresh fruit as you want. (canned or frozen is also acceptable.)
A smoothie is also acceptable.
ONLY IF YOU ARE NOT SATISFIED after eating the fruit, then you may have acceptable soups, salads, corn. beans, peas until satisfied.

Evening Munchies? Fresh fruit/ fruit smoothie/frozen grapes.  ONLY if these do not satisfy, then go to other acceptable snacks like soy nuts, raisins (little), popcorn, SF Jello, cool whip lite (a little - not spooning it out of the container like I did - totally stalled me), veggies with acceptable dip. (There are others in the book but I figured this was enough to get us started if we are in this together.

Post from Debbie on 8/4/09

Heres my two cents.

Day one if you try fruit only and you are hungry and not satisfied after just fruit try the beans in it.  I would also try fruit only again on a future day just to see if anything has changed.  Same with dinner.  You can always add an egg or bean or veggie etc if it doesn't cut it but you should definitely see if you are satisfied FIRST WITH FRUIT ONLY.....which is exactly what Roger writes in the book....everyone is different so he tried to give you a back up plan inside the plan so you don't fail.

Post from Mary on 8/5/09

Someone e-mailed me and asked what my opinion on this was, and I'm going to say I agree with Debbie.  ----
Probably doing it Roger's original way of just fruit might make the loss faster.  BUT!  The reason he altered it was because everyone started whining and complaining that they couldn't eat just fruit for breakfast and dinner, and they needed other options, or they didn't feel full and satisfied from just the fruit.  So, if you can do it with just the fruit, go for it and see if you lose your weight faster.  If you feel deprived or hungry, add some good beans, etc.  Just none of those processed things or more heavy protein.

Little Mary
bingo

Re: LDL Pure - Restart

Post by bingo »

Hi Julie,,I just read your post, and I am experiencing the Same thing  with my body ! , I will gladly do this with you . I`m not very computer savvy !  :thumbsup: I would really like to  check out why my body is rebelling !!! There  Has to be a reason that i`m not aware of  right now ! But  WILL as we go along !... Thanks for the post...bingo
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

When I ate this way I lost the best.  This was how I basically lost my weight.

Yeah, Julie, I'm pulling for you.
Kathie

Post by Kathie »

Hi all!  I would like to join Pure LDL too.. I have been basically eating this way since April and  have been slowing down lately but I think its because my body is trying to catch up. I do have a few more pounds that I would like to loose and I don't want to loose sight of that.
Breakfast .. fruit smoothie
Lunch.........Wendy's Chili (LDL)
Dinner.........fruit smoothie
If no rain tonight, I will walk 2 miles.
Hugs! Kathie
[
lrainbow2006

Post by lrainbow2006 »

I would love to really do LDL the right way, every day.  My biggest problem still, and it has been from the beginning, is I can't eat my main meal at lunch.  I work through lunch and I would be having to wolf down bites here and there when I had a few seconds.  I would not enjoy that at all and I don't think it would accomplish much.  Can pure LDL still be done eating the main meal at suppertime?  Lisa

Started LDL  6/14/10
                  7/11/10  16# gone
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I am sure others more knowledgeable than me will jump in also.
I would say keep it light during the day if that is what you have to do and if it will hold you. Then eat the supper as early in the evening as possible. Then I would say go for a walk after supper to keep from sitting down or worse going to sleep in a full stomach. DH and I lost weight doing one meal a day-supper. But we did eat early...around 5-5:30 and then went out for a ?1 mile walk/run. I would not recommend the fasting now at all....we did not know then what we know now. I think the eating early and moving after supper helped.
That routine was not a LIVE-t so it did not take long getting invited out, getting pregnant, etc to start eating more and the weight was back. I am sure we could have done better if we had known about the pitfalls of processed foods.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
lrainbow2006

Post by lrainbow2006 »

Thanks Linda....I try to eat my main meal as early as possible but most of the time I'm so tired and hot from a long day in a hot kitchen I don't even feel like eating till later in the evening.  I tend to munch on cold fruit more than anything during the day, and if I have time in the morning I have a couple of eggs with butter bean homefries.  I seem to do things backwards at times.  Oh well..at least I know exactly what foods people like me need to avoid and I guess as long as I eat LDL food, it can probably be eaten at any time.  Time will tell...right??

Started LDL  6/14/10
                  7/11/10  16# gone
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hi Guys,

Thanks for being here with me.  The last time we did this there was a loooottt of debate about it. Where we all wound up is in a place that was the best you could do within the Pure guidelines with your lifestyle taken into consideration. So please do not stress about it. Just get as close to PURE as possible and stick with it - every day - that's the key.

Lisa, what can you have at lunch that will tide you over until suppertime?  Roger has always said we can switch our main meal to later in the day if we need to but we wouldn't lose as quickly.  Can you have a large salad with chick peas and lots of veggies and maybe some hard boiled egg for lunch?  How about some LDL soup with beans? I just want to make sure you don;t wind up famished when you do eat dinner. I agree with Linda that having a heavy meal at night may slow you down.  But test it out and see what happens. The exercise will really help. Can you switch to a smoothie in the AM? That will get you a lot closer.

Kathie - glad you are joining in. Thanks! Sounds like your plan is on track and the walking is great. If you are near goal, you may see the weight come off more slowly.  A lot of members have said that. As long as you are still losing - that's what is important.  :thumbsup:

HI bingo - so happy to see you.  How are you doing? How long have you been on LDL and how much do you wish to lose? 

As for me - this is how the plan works best for me:
BF - fruit smoothie
L - Turkey/Pinto burgers and sauteed broccoli
D - apple, large salad with chick peas, blk olives, evoo and lemon.
Exercise: 1 hour on the glider.
I didn't have coffee or diet coke today either!  I am trying to stay away from the caffeine if I can. I have been very bloated lately and read that this may be the cause.

I always do well during the day - I am a night eater! So tonight will be the real test. I have to change my habits and move away from the kitchen.  *evil*

Day 1 - I am feeling great - how about you guys?

lrainbow2006

Post by lrainbow2006 »

Julie...thanks for the advice but I am a difficult case...lol...  I work in a firehall kitchen, believe it or not...and no scheduled breaks since there are just 3 of us cooking meals on wheels dinners for 150.  I get in before 6, and sometimes not home until after 2, sometimes as late as 5.  Literally I am standing or running all day with sometimes just a moment to sip a drink or pop a grape.  I can't make myself get a smoothie in the am either, nowhere near hungry enough for one, that early.  I do pretty well with my eggs and beans if I do get a chance once in awhile when there is a few minutes down time at mid morning. 
I guess I will just have to be happy with the fact that I won't lose as quickly as I could be, but that's alright too...I'm in this for life.  Good luck everyone!

Started LDL  6/14/10
                  7/11/10  16# gone
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Rainbow- You have a great attitude and the blueprint for success.  There are no deadlines for achieving health.  You have already proven that the plan works for you the way you must schedule it.  Just keep on keeping on (to quote Roger)!  Pam
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

HI Lisa,

I think you are doing terrific.  :thumbsup:  SO just keep on with the way you are going.  As long as you get to where you want to be it does not matter how long it takes.

Come here whenever you want to talk about your day or anything at all.  *hug*

Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Julie, you will start shedding lbs again.  That's the way I lost my weight.  Even at times, now,  I  still do it  strictly.  Since I've lost all the weight that I want, I can eat LDL foods whenever I choose without gaining. It's a Livet, not a diet.  It is still wonderful to be able to eat the foods I love and maintain.  :thumbsup: JF
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Thanks so much for your encouragement - Joyful!  *hug*  I am so happy for your success. I cannot wait for the day when I can stop obsessing about losing weight. I had the key for a while but when the seasons changed - something changed for me. I read some reasons why this happened but won;t bore anyone with my stuff. I just have to reclaim my own power.  I know I have had a lot of emotional challenges in the past year but really that is just life. I thank God every day for LDL and all of you (even the ones I think are a little crazy - HEHEHE  :laughing: . )

Anyway, I cannot go up in size bc I bagged all my suits for Dress For Success! No turning back!
See you tomorrow!

bingo

Post by bingo »

Hi Julie, I am doing good on this woe and have 30# more  to lose, but I`m enjoying the journey  :D,. I feel that everyone that is following this woe will reach their goal ! I had a good 1st day !, ...are you the lady that was  pictured in 'FIRST" last year ??Have another Great day !!! 
51_too_young_to_be_old

Post by 51_too_young_to_be_old »

I love this thread it is so clear. I like the pure LDL idea.

yesterday I switched lunch for dinner. (posted to my journal thread)

I like the idea of a smoothie for dinner, will do this tonight.

really working hard on getting over the urge to measure my food.
{o,o}
|)__)
-"--"-

12/01/2010 - 319
04/09/2011 - 311
04/16/2011 - 306
4/23/2011 - 303
no scale.....
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

HI Bingo - So happy you are doing well. I seem to do a lot better when I have less leeway - no rationalizing. I know the plan and I stick with it. Maybe that is the same for you as well. We can do this!

I am not the Julie that was in First Magazine - the one I call Julie(Y'all) and hails from San Antonio. Her screen name is LovinLDL. Sometimes I refer to myself as Brooklyn Julie since I was born there (although I now live in NJ.).

Hi 51 - thanks for your comments. Don;t worry about measuring your food. Quality is more important than quantity. It does take some getting used to - I'll admit.

I think sometimes it helps all of us to have a group kind of support system within the structure of the larger support system. Judging from this post - I think I need lunch - kind of rambling OY!

bingo

Post by bingo »

Thanks Julie for clarifying !!! and Yes I  need a Cheering section too  :D !! Hope you are having a Great day,and everyone else too !
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

End of day 2 - Yeah!  Doing great with this. I guess I just needed all of you to keep me on track!  :thumbsup:

Did another 60 minutes on the glider tonight. I am going to stick with that for a while bc I need to wake up my system. I sit too much at work. I have a dinner tomorrow with friends. I am bringing a big baggie of salad and roasted chick peas etc, for me and anyone else that wants some and I also bought 2 bags of grapes, strawberries and a 1/2 watermelon to bring as well. That should keep me out of trouble  ;)

How are you all doing? Everyone ok?

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Julie,
The mantra for EMS getting ready to defibrillate someone is, "I'm clear, you're clear, everyone's clear"
So to answer you about how everyone's doing today, "I'm slimmin', you're slimmin', everyone on LDL is slimmin!"
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

LINDA RN wrote: "I'm slimmin', you're slimmin', everyone on LDL is slimmin!"

WE HAVE A NEW SLOGAN!  Good one, Linda  :thumbsup: