Introduction

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
injekted

Introduction

Post by injekted »

Hi everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself.

I'm Kevin, 29, from Tallahassee, FL. I've had success with Weight Watchers in the past (lost 80 pounds), but got tired of counting points and gained most of it back.

I currently weigh 290, and would like to get down to around 220. I had been 220 before and felt comfortable there. My wife also said that if I lost more, I would be TOO thin.

I look forward to chatting with all of you!

Kevin
Kathie

Re: Introduction

Post by Kathie »

Hi Kevin.. welcome to the LDL way of life.  You will be at your goal before you know.. just hang on for the smooth ride!  I live on the Punta Gorda/N.Fot Myers boarder..Lots of Floridians here!
Hugs.. Kathie in Fl.
[
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Kevin- This is the way to achieve your weight goal while eating bountiful amounts of healthy, delicious, real foods.  Not counting points, no deprivation.  You will love it here.  Pam
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hi Kevin and Welcome!

Congratulations on the great success you have had so far.  You will be so surprised by how different LDL is from any other way of eating (WOE). Just follow the plan as Roger has laid out for us and you will continue to lose to where your body feels the most comfortable and healthy. Finding LDL at such a young age will give you a healthy nutritious way to eat for the rest of your life!

Julie :rose:
51_too_young_to_be_old

Post by 51_too_young_to_be_old »

Welcome! You will love this way of eating. Look forward to getting to know you.
{o,o}
|)__)
-"--"-

12/01/2010 - 319
04/09/2011 - 311
04/16/2011 - 306
4/23/2011 - 303
no scale.....
injekted

Post by injekted »

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

I do have the book. Honestly, I got it from a site called booksneeze.com and am supposed to review it. But once I started reading it, I was like, "no way... this actually seems like it would work!"

So... now I'm going to try it out!!
Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

Welcome on board the train to skinnytown.  Just follow the book chapters 2-6 and you will do well.
Clown Lady
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Wow, Kevin,
So glad you joined us in being able to give credability to Roger's incredible, God-Inspired Plan.
Be sure to take pictures and measurements. Roger is trying to make this plan a nationally recognized plan. As soon as you have visual changes (even if you are not at goal yet) send pictures to Roger.....oh, and be sure to post them in our gallery also.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
injekted

Post by injekted »

Here's a pic of me now. I'm on the left. :)

290 pounds right now! I'll post more pics later.

rodie

Post by rodie »

Kevin,
Welcome! Love the picture! Thanks for sharing!
Hugzzzz
Rodie :)
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Welcome to LDL.  I love your picture, what a cutie!
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Wendy, Kevin's wife might not like you calling him a cutie!!!  LOL!! Just teasing. I'm sure you meant the baby.

Blessings,
Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
injekted

Post by injekted »

:) Thanks.

That's Nate. He just turned 6 months old. I gained pregnancy weight, too.  :)
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Nate is a cutie.  Just think, he never needs to have a weight problem because his parents will teach him how to enjoy whole and wholesome foods and avoid processed Frankenfoods.  Your entire family will benefit and I have no doubt that your wife will soon embrace this tasty, nutritious way of eating (WOE)!  Pam
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Welcome!  You'll love LDL because you don't have to count anything!  Really!  You can eat until full and you don't feel deprived and before you know it, you'll look back and say, "Wow!  How did that happen?"  That's what happened to me.  I call it a LIVEt instead of a DIEt, because you really can live on this way of eating.  You aren't hating it so much that you can't wait to lose the weight so you can eat something that tastes good.  There is so much delicious food out there that will keep you slim.  We keep eating this way after we lose the weight, because it is so easy to maintain -- but if you do eat off plan ever, it is so easy to get back with the program. 

You'll be 70 lbs. down in no time at all.  Especially since you're a guy.  It took me about 6 months to lose the 50 lbs. I lost.  One lady on our boards has lost over 100 lbs. since January! 
injekted

Post by injekted »

You're right!

Julie is getting home from a business trip tonight. When she does, I'm telling her all about LDL!!

:)
Bren
New, but learning

Post by Bren »

Welcome to LDL! I am a newbie too...and have almost finished two weeks on the program. I cannot tell you how wonderful this is! I have tried them all and hated all other ways to try to lose...this one is fabulous for me!
~Bren

injekted

Post by injekted »

Bren wrote:Welcome to LDL! I am a newbie too...and have almost finished two weeks on the program. I cannot tell you how wonderful this is! I have tried them all and hated all other ways to try to lose...this one is fabulous for me!

Awesome! Good to hear. I'm still reading the book, and want to make sure I get all of the concept down before I actually start. Hopefully, I'll be right behind you in the weight loss journey soon.  :)
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Welcome to LDL way of eating and to these boards where you will get great ideas and encouragement.  :D Joyful Friend