words of encouragement needed

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
jencita
Master Member

words of encouragement needed

Post by jencita »

This will be the third time that I will attempt this diet.  I really feel the diet makes sense but I just can't seem to stick to it for longer than a week.  I need some words of encouragement.  I just keep gaining weight.  I have outgrown my clothes and don't have the money to buy new ones.  Can anyone help me?
jencita
Master Member

Re: words of encouragement needed

Post by jencita »

I have read the book twice and even went to amazon to buy the corn thins  and crispbread.  This morning I ate an entire canteloupe, 2 eggs, 3 corn thins, and a half can of refried beans.  I enjoyed every bite but am still hungry.  I usually eat a bowl of oatmeal with a banana and that fills me til lunch so it seems weird that I eat so much but am so hungry.  I would eat more but don't have the time. Thanks, I will just keep trying to stay motivated!
daniela

Post by daniela »

jencita,

Come on!  You can do it!  Come here and ask questions.  Everyone is here to help and it is wonderful.

You will feel better, and your heart and tummy will thank you for this way of eating, it is not a diet because there is no deprivation!
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

I was sent a personal message that I would like to reply to but it is telling me that I am not allowed to send personal messages.  Anyone know why? I am still trying to figure out this site and I am not that computer savvy. Thanks,
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

jencita,

if you are still hungry, then eat.....just make sure it is LDL foods.

Olie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Thanks. I will get some more replys then.
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

thank you. I think one of my biggest problems is that I need to see daily weight loss to stick to any diet.  I always feel that I am suffering when I deny myself so if I don't see that daily weight loss, I feel that I have suffered for nothing and give up.  I know that that is the wrong way to think.
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

jencita,

please stop thinking about weight loss and start thinking about eating the LDL way to good health. The weight loss will come but you mustn't stress over it. Just follow the LDL program and the weight loss will come.

Happy eating,
Ollie

P S you can reply to me and get 1 post closer to the magical number of 10.
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
RB Kayaking
Master Member

Post by RB Kayaking »

Jencita,

First words of encouragement.  STOP Thinking this is a diet.  THINK This is a smart way of eating (SWOE).

Please hide the scale--let your clothes dictate how well you are doing.

Eat until you are full of all LDL foods and eat them every couple of hours if needed.  Eventually your eating will slow down and you won't need snacking.

Keep coming back to the boards.

RB Kayaking
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Thanks everyone for your words of encouragement! I desperately need them! It is inspiring to see people that have lost 75 pounds!! How amazing!
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Jencita- You probably have emotional hunger rather than physical hunger.  What I mean is that starting a new way of eating is scary.  I know for me I was always checking in to see if I was satisfied or hungry.  What did my body think of this diet or that diet?  Could I do it?  Just being that tuned into my body made me imagine that I was hungry.  Until your body adapts to your new eating plan, make sure you add some protein (beans or eggs) to your breakfast.  You can even put beans into your smoothie and you won't even taste them.  The protein will keep you full and satisfied until lunch.
This is the only plan that has ever worked for me and I have tried them all.  I have been here almost 16 months and it really has been effortless.  I have enjoyed great foods, easy to prepare meals, and satisfaction in my eating and in the results.  I have eaten at home, other people's homes, at restaurants, on camping trips, and even on a cruise and have been able to stay within the guidelines of the plan and continue to enjoy a gradual reduction in my weight and measurements.
This is not a get thin quick scheme (although some members enjoy pretty impressive scale victories).  This is a plan for a lifetime of health.  You can do this.  Come on here for support, encouragement, and great friends and recipes.  Pam
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

I am 100% an emotional eater!  I do love the foods on this diet - I have always loved beans, corn, vegies and fruit. I am not big on meat. Thanks for the words of encouragement.  I need to change my thinking pattern to a lifelong healthy way of eating as opposed to "diet" 
bludaffodil

Post by bludaffodil »

jencita,

When starting out on LDL, you are allowed to eat ALL the LDL
friendly foods you want ANYTIME you need them.  :)

You may feel like you are eating constantly.......but this is the
way to break all your cravings for bad carbs and sweets.

You will eventually not need to eat as much to satisfy you and
the weight will "fall off".

So the plan is to eat, eat, eat (all LDL approved foods of course) and
you will lose, lose, lose!    :thumbsup:

Hang in there.......we are all pulling for you!

Kathy
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Jencita,
Think of this plan (I prefer to call it a plan rather than a diet) as a gift of good health to yourself. The weight loss is a wonderful side effect. The foods that begin calling you after doing this for a week will finally shut up and stop. You know it takes mych longer to get the pounds off than it does to put them back on, so after you have discarded 15 or 20 pounds, it will be no problem to turn your back on the foods that made you fat before. As most everyuone will attest, the cravings weill go away. Take another look at the labels of the foods you are choosing for LDL and make sure there is little or no sugar added and certianly be careful of MSG. That can most usually be avaided by choosing a different brand. The MSG will nearly always leave you feeling hungry. If you have to eat every couple hours, eat fruit and then beans and other protein until about 3 or 4 in the afternoon. For optimum weight loss, keep it light in the evening. Keep posting because we would like to help you overcome the desire to leave and go back to all the bad foods that are holding you back from attaining your goal.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
debbiewetzel

Post by debbiewetzel »

Jencita,

I too am new to this plan...the one thing that I cling to most is put the scale away.  I am a scale freak after a lifetime of yo-yo dieting...but, one of the posters of this site, Crickadoodle, put it simply that this is not a diet, it's a livit...I am not thinking of myself now as dieting, but living with a new WOE (way of eating)...Another thing that REALLY helps is to stay on this site.  I had trouble in the beginning but now am beginning to get the hang of it.  I found my new friends on this site so helpful to me either with encouragement or new recipes, or just listening to them as they talk about their experience.  Try to take this one day at a time.  Don't make it too hard.  It's the easiest WOE yet....I am so excited to have found LDL.

Debbie
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w5UWHNB/]
[/url
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Thanks everyone. It is so good to read such positive comments. I feel like this time, I might be stronger to follow this plan.
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Does anyone know about the campbells tomato soup.  I have read that it is permitted but it does have a higher sugar content.  I use it in my chili. Thanks,