words of encouragement needed

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
barrypaxton
Master Member

Re: words of encouragement needed

Post by barrypaxton »

Here is a link to the most delicious tomato soup I've ever eaten and it is really simple to make. You'll love it!!! :thumbsup:

http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/in ... pic=1320.0

Happy eating,
Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Thanks for the link!
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Jencita Welcome!

Just take it one day at a time, you can do this!!
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Jencita, Welcome to the best way of eating.  You need to EAT,EAT, EAT. There is no reason for you to be hungry.  It works, because I'm an experienced dieter, and this is definitely a new way of eating, not a diet.  I know you can do it.  :thumbsup: Joyful Friend
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Just wanted to give you a hearty welcome to the LDL Board and say I am glad you have joined the train to SkinnyTown! Woohooo. Things do seem a bit complicated at first but before you know it you relax and enjoy! This certainly has been the best way of eating I have discovered. It is infact a live-it.

You can do this!
Hugs, Bobbi
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Well I did good yesterday except when my husband brought home ice cream for the kids and me.  I tried to resist but gave myself the excuse, "Oh it's only the first day, I can start again tomorrow." so I at ice cream.  But today I realize that I did feel better yesterday so I am back on today and I will be successful. 
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Jencita,
Before you are tempted again with ice cream, read the label and see how close to the top high frutosecorn syrup is in the list of ingredients. Then read the article Crickadoodle posted about HFCS. Then make yourself some LDL icecream or a smoothie and let them feel yucky after eating the junk. You will feel geat and knowing you are feeding your body what it needs will make you feel better.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

LINDA RN wrote:read the label and see how close to the top high frutose corn syrup is in the list of ingredients. Then read the article Crickadoodle posted about HFCS.

Not only is HFCS bad, bad, bad for us the marketers for HFCS have decided to rename it because sales are down 20% and they need to get those sales numbers up.  How are they going to do this?  By renaming high fructose corn syrup 'CORN SUGAR'.  Be sure to add this new/renamed ingredient to your list of no-no's.

P.S. I saw a TV advertisement just this week about "corn sugar".  The ad makes it sound like this is the perfect replacement for cane sugar, but they can't fool the LDL community  ;)
Last edited by VickiLynn on September 20th, 2010, 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
bingo

Post by bingo »

I tried frozen bananas /w a fresh peach and a few frozen peach slices..it is something to "live " for ! Sooo satisfying !...Chocolate Used to be what I lived for...But that is History !..Now it is "Fruit Bowls"...I will never turn back ! You are going to love this wonderful  "way of Eating" and your family will too when you start  serving them ldl recipes ...Welcome....bingo
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

I had my first successful day on the diet without ice cream! Thank you everyone for your words of encouragement! It is simply amazing seeing the kind of weight loss everyone has experienced.  My greatest challenge is keeping fresh fruit in the house.  I really do have to go shopping daily - which of course I don't have time for.  I have 7 children and they love fruit, which I am happy about but the fruit is a problem, keeping stocked that is, and the price.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Right now, grapes are $1.00/lb. Watermelons and cantelopes are end of season. Eventually, getting the kids off the HFCS. you will find they also are eating less when their cravings go away. Fill them up with smoothies made with pureed beans and some frozen fruit. Much less expensive that way.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Well I am on day 5 and have say that I am not hungry.  I went off for lunch yesterday eating half a reuben sandwich and french fries - now usually when I go off a diet midday like that, I say to myself, "Well I blew it already I might as well eat everything in sight."  I came home and weighed myself noting a 2 pound loss since Monday and that was motivation enough for me to go right back on the diet.  That was the first time in my whole life that I went off a diet and went right back on in the same day. I know I shouldn't be weighing myself already but I went ahead and weighed again this morning and lost 3 pounds since Monday which is like impossible for me.  I am really psyched.

Question regarding the ninja - I bought it yesterday and made the ice cream.  I found it to be very similar to my magic bullet so am thinking of returning.  Any thoughts on this? Thanks
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Thanks for the advice. I will keep the ninja - After I bought it I realized that this is what my 11 year old son wanted for Christmas last year.  I didn't get it for him because I had no idea why an 11 year old would want a food processor.  Well when I brought this home yesterday, he was sooooo excited.  This just might motivate him to eat healthier!
lrainbow2006

Post by lrainbow2006 »

I put the Ninja on my wish list for Christmas this year.  We don't have alot of extra money floating around but I figured it would be a great gift for the whole family.  And what a great idea using beans to add to the fresh fruit for our smoothies to make them go further.  I can't believe you can't taste them but I will give that a try soon...  What do you all use for smoothies in the winter when melons, grapes, berries.etc are non existant?

Started LDL  6/14/10
                  7/11/10  16# gone
Tina K

Post by Tina K »

HI!

Today I'm starting LDL for the second time! Let's do it together!  :thumbsup:
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Last winter I used alot of frozen fruit that was all natural.  I also found strawberries all winter long that would go on sale alot.  We have a Costco within an hour of us and they have fresh fruit all winter long for ok prices.  I also ate lots of fresh apples and made hot apple pie.  But I was sooo glad when spring and summer came and I could have all the fresh fruit I wanted.

Welcome back to LDL.  Do you have the new red book?  You know from before what works so I know you will do great.
Tina K

Post by Tina K »

The book I have is red & was published in 2009---Is that the correct one??
I actually just dug the silly thing out so I could read it again (hehe, In my spare time!--I have two active Toddlers!)