words of encouragement needed

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
cameron
Master Member

Re: words of encouragement needed

Post by cameron »

Welcome back Tina K! Now just take it one day at a time. Best wishes.

ck
Tina K

Post by Tina K »

Thanks CK!
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Yep that is the right book.  You have the right tool then to make this way of eating successful.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Tina- I'm thrilled that you're back.  Hope to see you at the Ohio luncheon next month.  It is heartwarming to see former members return to what works!!!  Pam
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Hi Tina,
Yes, let's do this together! I need as many buddies as I can get.  I am very determined this time. I had a bad day today - very hungry all day but I have just eaten LDL foods - I think I am getting tired of the same thing - beans, beans, and beans again.  I need to find time to try some of the recipes.  Can you share any tips from the last time you were on the diet?  And guess what - we live only about 30-45 minutes from each other! I live in Mentor, Ohio.
Tina K

Post by Tina K »

How cool! We are super close!  :thumbsup:
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Jencita- Any chance you can come to the Ohio luncheon.  I didn't realize you were a fellow Buckeye!  Maybe you and Tina could come together.  The more the merrier.  Pam
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

I just saw that the luncheon is on the 16th.  I won't be able to come that weekend.  It is so nice how people can meet for luncheons. Maybe next time. Thanks for asking.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

If your plans change, come on down!  Pam
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

I lost six pounds and now gained 3 pounds back. I don't understand why. I have eaten more in the last 2 days - but I stuck to LDL foods. I was just hungrier. Is it normal to gain like that? I am really feeling discouraged now.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Water retention can temporarily put on even 5 lbs. As long as you are eating only LDL foods it will come off again!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
ladyhawk21

Post by ladyhawk21 »

"I lost six pounds and now gained 3 pounds back. I don't understand why. I have eaten more in the last 2 days - but I stuck to LDL foods. I was just hungrier. Is it normal to gain like that? I am really feeling discouraged now."

it is not a good idea to weigh all the time- all this does is cause stress and the discouragement you mentioned-  you gain and lose several times throughout the day and water retention can make it look like you have gained- i think RT says to weigh 1 time a month.  stick to the plan and weigh in one month and i am sure you will be happy with the results- it has been so ingrained in us to worry about weighing everyday.

Renee
RB Kayaking
Master Member

Post by RB Kayaking »

Lady Hawk,

Ya got that weighing thing right--too much is made about weight loss. 

I weighed myself when I started a year and some months ago and haven't weighed myself since.  I would not still being doing LDL if I had to worry about weight loss.  I am loving my inches lost--9 around the belly so far.

The only real problem I have now is that last year I purchased a red jacket--too small at the time--now it's too big and I never got the chance to wear it.  Grrr.

RB Kayaking
abbys mom

Post by abbys mom »

You're absolutely right!  The scale is just a number.  Try to judge your success by the way clothes fit and if they are fitting more comfortable, or too big...all the better, besides becoming healthier!

Kathy
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Thanks everyone. Athough I know that I shouldn't weigh daily, I can't seem to stop. I still feel that I am suffering on this diet because I still have to deny myself the foods that everyone else is eating. However, it is the easiest diet I have been on thus far.  I need to trust that the weight will come off - and I think that I am having problems trusting, since the diet is so new to me.  What help is reading everyone's comments - and that they trust the weight will come off.
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

JENCITA,  I had the same problem, believing this would work. What helped me so much was reading what others said of their sucess. I knew they had to be telling the truth about it. Some of us just lose slow, me being one of them. And I know they say don't weight everyday, but it helps me more if I do so I weight everyday. That is what makes me feel good and also be able to keep track of myself. If I go up I do not let it depress me. I just know I need to watch it. I know for me if I eat some of the LDL FOOD the scales will go up. Such as corn, corn thins, popcorn. I do better if I stay away from them. Others are not bothered by that food. Just keep reading and hang in there with this woe and the weight will come off, we just have to be patient and realize this is not a quick weight loss plan.  Gook luck with your weight loss and keep us posted we love to hear sucess stories.     Wither
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

jencita,

I have noticed that when I don't drink enough water I will feel hungry. Our bodies are often fooled into thinking that we are when we're really dehydrated. I hope that helps you to stay on the program. It really does work and the scale is your worse enemy....throw it away.

CQ
RB Kayaking
Master Member

Post by RB Kayaking »

J,

Please stop thinking of this as another diet because that means that eventually you will stop eating this way.  

It is a totally smart way of eating that you will continue doing for the rest of your life.  

Instead of thinking that "I am denying myself the foods that everyone else is eating" THINK "Wow, those poor people don't know what good food is!  I probably should let them know about the great foods that I am eating and losing weight eating."

The amount of food that we can consume and still lose weight is unbelievable.  The range of foods goes on and on.

RB
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Jencita

I found from the beginning when I eat until full of fruit and all the other good foods I am not tempted by what others are eating around me.  You need to eat lots of LDL foods in the beginning and get rid of all cravings so those foods won't speak to you any longer.  I was at Bible study this week and they were passing around a bag full of no bake cookies and welch cakes.  They were going on about how good they were and I just laughed inside thinking how good it feels to not be tempted by all that sugar junk any longer.
This program works so trust it to cause your body to be happy instead of sad for giving up all that food that is a killer to your body.

As far as the scales go I know they say don't weight everyday.  If this is causing you to feel like a failure don't do it.  I weigh everyday because it is one of the things that keeps me on track.  If I am up a few days it does not discourage me because I know it is just water gain so no big deal.  Most days I am the same or down a lb or 2 and to me that is exciting. 
lrainbow2006

Post by lrainbow2006 »

I agree with the weight gain...sometimes in the middle of the week I am down 2 pounds or so..then on Sunday, my official weigh in day...I am either a maintain or up some...I eat mainly LDL...and if I do go off, it is just a bite..that is what I love about this plan.  I know the secret to weight loss, or at least weight maintain.  If I eat mainly LDL I will do ok..If I do pure LDL..I will do GREAT!  It really is a secret that needs to be spread even more.  Do yu all agree?

Started LDL  6/14/10
                  7/11/10  16# gone