SUSTA, a new diet sweetener that is supposed to be WONDERFUL?

Please keep an eye out here for important website updates!
LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: SUSTA, a new diet sweetener that is supposed to be WONDERFUL?

Post by LINDA RN »

Hummmmm,
Sounds good but Orange Peel tastes bitter to me.
Willing to try it. Will be on the lookout in stores.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Hi Roger, 

I'll do some research and see what I can find.  I know from my soapmaking that orange essential oil, while edible is VERY VERY bitter.  I am wondering exactly where the "sweet" part is coming from on this.  You know me, I'm a skeptic till I know for sure.  :laughing:

Blessed and loved,
LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by LittlePrincess »

Okay I researched this and this is what I found.  SUSTA is NOT I repeat NOT a natural sweetener....here is the ingredients list.

Inulin, Fructose, Natural Flavors, Probiotic (Bacillus Coagulans) Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid), Cinnamon Extract, Goji Berry Extract, Bitter Melon Extract, Grape Seed Extract, Vitamin B6, Niacinamide, Biotin, Folic Acid, Chromium, Selenium, Vitamin b12

This is basically a new way to hide sugar.  While Inulin can have good benefits to the body, these benefits are found by eating it in it's natural state...ie; leeks, artichokes, garlic and onions. 

Chromium and Selenium are said to help the body metabolize sugars and carbs.  So this company is basically selling a sweetener, that gets it's sweetness from SUGAR as a healthy alternative.  If you want to read about this, here are some links.  I encourage everyone to make an informed decision for themselves.  Me, I'm gonna leave it alone.  I'm struggling enough without playing with fire.  Anyway, here are the links.  Hope this helps.  ;D  Love you guys! 

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-inulin.htm

http://www.nxtnutritionals.com/susta-overview  <---- Company website.  I'm not buying what they are selling, but you can see the nutritional properties and ingredients list here. 

Blessed and loved,
LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by CodingQueen »

Hi RT,

"Natural Flavoring" usually means "hidden MSG."

But I agree with LP. I wouldn't touch the stuff. It looks like a lab experiment...insulin?...probiotics?...extracts?....B vitamins? I just want a natural sweetener other than sugar. I'll stick with the Stevia.

CQ
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I have happily found that pure stevia is doing the trick for me.  I use it in my tea and I am happy.  Fruit gives me the sweetness in life that I need, other than my stevia in tea.  :thumbsup: