LDLers, Please take a look at our NEW LET'S DO LUNCH HOMEPAGE!

Please keep an eye out here for important website updates!
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Re: LDLers, Please take a look at our NEW LET'S DO LUNCH HOMEPAGE!

Post by MsHeirloom »

Roger- I love the new look and updated message.  There is one typo I saw, a don't or can't without the apostrophe.  Also, is it somewhat misleading to discuss eating a hamburg on 1/2 a bun?  It's certainly not necessary to have that bun- why not two corn thins?  One bun might lead to more buns (and inevitably bigger buns on us!!!!!).
If I were "shopping" for a new eating plan, I certainly would click on the links and learn more about LDL.  Then I am sure I would try it- and succeed.
Thanks again your generosity in sharing LDL.  Because of you, there is now over 60# less of me- and that is a good thing!!!!!
Fondly- Pam
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Thanks, Roger!  Now , we just have to figure out how to get them to the new home page!!!  Pam
knighte

Post by knighte »

I responded to this post a few times and deleted each time before saving. I found my LDL book on vacation and was drawn to the book because of your before and after picture on the front cover. I have struggled with my weight for 13 years now and my primary concern is cravings. I started with craving sweets but through the years my favorites were everything from chips to sweets and I ate in excess. This plan has eliminated my cravings as is and I plan on following it as you wrote the book. I tried my way and science/nutrition (I am an RN) facts and have only succeeded in gaining weight. I realize everyone has an opinion on what works and what doesn't but I plan on following the WOE that has worked for you and is tried and true. Thank you again for writing this book.
P
E
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Roger, I have enjoyed LDL very much, and I plan to continue to eat this way for life, and to tell and show others that one doesn't need to starve to lose weight.  The changes are fine with me; however, I really only know the plan that I used which is in the book.  It worked for me, and I think the new plan will work for people who follow and enjoy it.  I thought the old web page was spectacular with your story. I'm grateful to you for sharing the plan, and the more enlarged plan may turn out better for some, especially if they stay with it.  Whatever is done for God's glory will bless everyone involved.  I have had several people who have called this week for info on the book.  I told them to go to the Web.  It's unbelievable yet to me how this eating  way took my cravings away for non LDL foods.  I have all the  sweet goodies around for  DH and family, but I feel free.  The candy dishes stay full so much longer, so I must have been the one eating them. I still eat  LDL foods whenever I'm hungry , so  I stay prepared with having fruit and other LDL foods around.  I keep my pantry well stocked with canned beans, tomatoes, and a whole bunch of things.  My grandkids say that they can shop at my house.  *love* *hug* :)  Joyful Friend 
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I am with you, knighte, as a nurse, I knew what science taught as good nutrition and I was expected to teach it to patients even as I gave in to cravings and balloon to 1X (I am barely 5'1"). Not being a very good example. I gave in to the PhenPhen thing.....not good for a nurse who is supposed to know better either....and gained it all back and more as soon as they pulled it off the market. I refused to go the gastric bypass. With my husband's help we began pursuing just eating helthy, whole foods and lost some, but it was the concvepts of LDL that really got us on the road to skinnytown. For us, it was the elimination of all grains that made the plan so easy. I know that processed wheat is not healthy so it was easy for me to say, no thank you to bread and deserts because I don't eat wheat. Eating one bun for some might be like eating the corner of a brownie for me. But that is their choice and Roger always cautions that if ANYTHING (even LDL) causes cravings or weight gain, cut it out. Hopefully newbies will.

Good to hear more about you, knighte and looking forward to before and after pics.

LOL, Roger, I was reading the new home page and thought of something you left out: ENDORSED BY THE NEWLY REVISED WEIGHT WATCHER'S PLAN!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

Hi Roger,
      I was thinking about your new book . I have an idea for. On those cover pages and any extra blank pages why not put pictures of the folks who give you permission on those available blank pages. They don't need to be in color . Just black and white and grey. Put them all on just randomly and maybe use just heads and faces?  Just an idea for unused spaces.
                                      Judie
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Was just trying to get a chuckle, Roger..... completely tongue in cheek but thanks for clarifying for the Newbies!  :thumbsup:
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Don't beat yourself up Roger, you are brighter than most, after all, you have the bright Spirit of the Lord leading you to good health while the rest of the so called experts are still scratching their heads trying to come up with a pill or quick fix for the obesity problem and are so clueless as to what causes it. You did "get it" and that does make you the brightest bulb in the box!
Linda

barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

LINDA RN wrote:the rest of the so called experts are still scratching their heads trying to come up with a pill or quick fix for the obesity problem and are so clueless as to what causes it. You did "get it"

Maybe Roger's motivation is different from the so called experts (not monetary) and that is why he gets it and the others don't. The Lord blesses those who follow Him and praise Him.

Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

AMEN, Ollie!!!
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

Thanks Roger for being a Bright Bulb for the Lord!  :rose:
I am so thankful that God has led me to this way of eating that gives God the glory!
Take Care! Blessings to you and your family!  :rose:
Beth(Ann)
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Right on!!!  :thumbsup: JF