SUPERBOWL Party?

Please keep an eye out here for important website updates!
LovinLDL

Re: SUPERBOWL Party?

Post by LovinLDL »

Not doing a Super Bowl Party but had some ideas:
Frozen Grapes
Popcorn
Fruit & Veggie Tray
Corn-thins w/Favorite Toppings (if hummus, don't forget to check ingredient list  *woot*)
Pumpkin & Black Bean Chili served like Frito Pie w/Fix-ins...salsa, corn-thins, jalapenos, ff/lf cheese, ff/lf sour cream)
Smoothies/LDL Ice Cream

Hope y'all have a great time!

Blessings,
Julie
knighte

Post by knighte »

Yesterday my boys were watching the Bears /Packers game and I was thinking, as I served a late lunch (Burgers with lean meat, broccoli and corn), that they would normally get their "favorites" of mozz sticks, pizza puffs and super pretzels. Thank God for LDL. I look forward to seeing ideas for the Super Bowl.
P
E
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Knighte- The amazing thing is that, after a while, you and your family will actually prefer and crave the "good stuff" and not the processed "Frankenfoods."  Who wants to eat garbage when the good stuff is so delicious, less expensive, healthier, and causes our weight to normalize?!!
I look forward to some great party food ideas on this thread.    Pam
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Don't forget the roasted Garbanzos instead of peanuts!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

And of course Popcorn  *love*....Always Popcorn!  :thumbsup:
This time we could try flavouring it with Cinnamon, ACV, stevia or ?
Have a great day!
Last edited by Bethann on January 25th, 2011, 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

We usually have finger foods liked Dijon deviled eggs (my son loves those), crab stuffed mushrooms (made without breads crumbs) and seven layered dip using fat free cheese and sour cream (served with corn thins).

But this year I'm also going to try two new recipes: a crustless pizza quiche and a crustless taco quiche. Hopefully, they'll take the place of the pizza and tacos that the guys really love during the game.

CQ
vickiann

Post by vickiann »

Would you mind sharing your recipes for the seven layered dip and the quiches?  Thanks!

Vicki
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Could you also post the recipes for the pizza quiche and the taco quiche?

thanks,
Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Seven Layered Dip

1 can (16 oz.) refried beans
1 Tbsp. taco seasoning mix
1 cup fat free or low fat sour cream
1 cup Thick 'N Chunky Salsa (I make my own)
1 cup shredded lettuce
1 cup fat free or low fat Mexican or other finely shredded cheese
4 green onions, sliced
2 Tbsp. sliced black olives

Mix beans and seasoning mix; spread onto bottom of pie plate. Top with layers of all remaining ingredients. Refrigerate several hours or until chilled.

Crustless Taco Quiche

Preheat oven to 350.

1 yellow onion, diced
1 package ground turkey
1 package Taco Seasoning
5 eggs
1 small can green chiles diced
1/2 cup fat free or low fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded

Saute yellow onion, brown ground turkey in same pan. Add Taco seasoning packet and follow directions. In bowl, mix 5 eggs and small can green chiles. In casserole/baking dish spread out onion and seasoned turkey mixture. Pour over egg mixture and sprinkle cheese on top. Bake in 350 oven for 30-35 minutes (until golden brown on top, and toothpick inserted comes out clean). Let rest for about 5 to 10 minutes. This makes 6 big servings. Can be served topped with shredded lettuce, salsa, chopped onion, etc.

Crustless Pizza Quiche

4 eggs
2 egg whites
3 ounces fat free cream cheese, whipped
1/3 cup skim milk
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
2 T fat free or low fat Parmesan, grated
4 oz pizza sauce
3 oz cooked ground turkey
4 oz fat free or low fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 T black olives, chopped

Beat together cream cheese and eggs till smooth. Add milk, spices, Parmesan and pizza sauce. Spray a 9-inch or larger glass baking dish with cooking spray. Put the turkey and olives in pan, then pour egg mixture over. Evenly sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until eggs are set.

*The quiche recipes were given to me by a friend who eats a lot of turkey and I haven't tried them, yet. I plan to experiment by adding extra toppings (onions, mushrooms and peppers) to the pizza quiche in small amounts. I might also try using 1 cup of low fat cottage cheese instead of the cream cheese and milk. Also, use 5 to 6 eggs depending on their size instead of the egg whites.

CQ
Last edited by CodingQueen on January 27th, 2011, 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vickiann

Post by vickiann »

Thank you so very much!

Vicki
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Thanks, CQ.  I may not wait until Feb. 6 to make one of these- sounds delicious!!!  I plan to have a party, so I'll fix plenty of LDL as well as non LDL.  The difference since LDL, I can splurge without gaining a pound.  I love the LDL recipes and woe.  Thanks again.  :thumbsup:  JF
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Vickiann... how nice to hear from you after such a long time.  Happy you asked CQ to post her recipes -- they sound great. I can't wait to try them out.
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Your Welcome!

I may even try them in muffin pans (mini quiche) before the game to see how they turn out so that I pretty much have nothing but finger foods to serve that day. It's so much easier that way.

CQ
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

That's right, we don't need a lot of dirty dishes!!!  I'm crazy about watching the game.  :thumbsup: JF
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Because my husband and I have our big LDL meal at 2:00, I'll be serving popcorn, LDL dips with corn thins, and smoothies for the game.

P.S. I was born and raised in Wisconsin -- lived there for 55 years before moving to New Hampshire 14 years ago. Because the Patriots blew their chance to go to the Super Bowl I get to cheer for my home state team -- GO PACKERS! 
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

This is another recipe that I'm going to try using sugar-free chili sauce and ketchup...CQ

Roasted Shrimp Coctail

Ingredients:

For the shrimp:
2 pounds (12 to 15-count) shrimp
1 tablespoon good olive oil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the sauce:
1/2 cup chili sauce (recommended: Heinz)
1/2 cup ketchup
3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon hot sauce (recommended: Tabasco)

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Peel and devein the shrimp, leaving the tails on. Place them on a sheet pan with the olive oil, salt, and pepper and spread them in 1 layer. Roast for 8 to10 minutes, just until pink and firm and cooked through. Set aside to cool.

For the sauce, combine the chili sauce, ketchup, horseradish, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce. Serve as a dip with the shrimp.

Recipe for sugar-free chili sauce:

http://www.informationaboutdiabetes.com ... _Free_.htm
Last edited by CodingQueen on January 28th, 2011, 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Roger Troy Wilson wrote:we HATE the packers!  *evil*

Right back at you Roger, you little devil you.  In New Hampshire we HATE the Yankees.  Love too to you, Neets, and mom.

P.S. CQ's link to the chili sauce won't work because the word c o c k was replaced with our I_am_a_BAD_Spammer. thingamabob.  If you delete these words and add c o c k (no spaces) before "tail" it will work.
Last edited by VickiLynn on January 28th, 2011, 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ukgrad77
New, but learning

Post by ukgrad77 »

Even though I was born in MN.......we moved to WI when I was 5---so Packers it is.  My husband was born in Green Bay...........so I think you all get who the home team is at this house and who we will cheer for on Super Bowl Sunday!  Our son-in-law is a Steelers fan------- we have all the bases covered.  Our children never lived in WI---but they still are Packer fans........so as much as you hate the Packers RT------that's about how GB fans feel about the Vikings!  We have season tickets for the Packers too.

So all.....enjoy the game........and GO PACKERS!!!!