No Bread, Pasta, Potatoes, Rice, Refined-sugar Desserts, Booze & Regular Pop

Please keep an eye out here for important website updates!
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Re: No Bread, Pasta, Potatoes, Rice, Refined-sugar Desserts, Booze & Regular Pop

Post by Joyful Friend »

Thanks, Roger, for your honesty, integrity, and care given in this post.  Even after I was at goal, I found that I felt so much better by practicing LDL principles.  We are so excited that you and your family are doing well, and that you will be back on the boards regularly.  *love*, prayers, and  :)  JF
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Re: No Bread, Pasta, Potatoes, Rice, Refined-sugar Desserts, Booze & Regular Pop

Post by LittlePrincess »

Roger I couldn't have said it any better than JF.  Y'all are all missed and LOVED so much! 

Blessed and Loved,
LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by VickiLynn »

Roger,

It is so nice to hear from you.  I must say that I am pleased to read your comments about potatoes because there has been a lot of questions about how your experiment worked out for you -- to eat or not to eat them.  Now, LDL members have a clear understanding on why potatoes should not be eaten.  Now, onward and upward to losing the 20 lbs you gained  *hug* .
chewy

Post by chewy »

hi roger, are you still eating air popped popcorn and corn thins on LDL? i love these healthy foods along with my vegan version of LDL"fruit,vegetables,legumes and air popped organic popcorn.simple and delicious!!glad your family are doing well.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Roger- Thank you very much for your honesty regarding the potato experiment.  My weight has stayed the same for almost a year eating potatoes a couple times a week.  I still want to lose another 40 pounds and now know what I need to do to achieve my goal.  It will be so great to have you back with us!  Pam
Sharolyn

Post by Sharolyn »

Thanks so much, Roger, for updating us on the potato experiment. That tells me all I need to know. My weight loss is on going; but, it isn't as much as I did at first. My husband doesn't want to give up his potatoes; but, for me? I feel I need to do away with them or at least eat them only on the rare occasion. Suits me just fine. I was perfectly happy before I added them in.  :happy:

I am so happy to see you back. I can't wait to get to know you better!
Shari

chewy

Post by chewy »

hi roger, are you still eating air popped popcorn and corn thins even though you say you are not eating whole grains at all?hope your mum is doing better these days!:)
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Just to say, I've read that studies are proving that even the sugar free soft drinks cause you to gain weight.  Nothing beats water and when I want something else I drink iced tea or lemonade sweetened with stevia.  Delicious and refreshing.
chewy

Re: No Bread, Pasta, Potatoes, Rice, Refined-sugar Desserts,

Post by chewy »

hi roger, happy new year! just checking to see if you are still eating popcorn and corn thins on LDL . are you staying away from potatoes,whole grains, pastas etc?i love my air popped popcorn daily!!
chewy

Post by chewy »

great to see this new post about your current snacks!glad you are enjoying the popcorn and corn thins too-i love both!i love starbucks espressos-black with cinnamon sprinkled on top!
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Thanks, Roger, for reminding us about all those bountiful deelicious recipes. LDL satisfies all my cravings. :) :ymhug: JF
tprouty
Master Member

Post by tprouty »

It's a really nice reminder, Roger, that we CAN have those otherwise fattening flavor enhancers in very small amounts ON THE SIDE to enhance the flavors of our healthy foods. I know I can sometimes forget that balance is the key to long-term success.

Thank you!
Terri
blessed4service8
New, but learning

Post by blessed4service8 »

Troy, I am interested in making chicken taste like beef. I, myself, don't tire of chicken, beans, fruits and veggies.

it is a more economical choice (although nothing, IMO, beats a grilled steak) than other meat choices allowed on LDL, so I do eat more Chicken.

Great to see you sharing again. I know I don't only speak for myself when I say, noone besides Jesus Christ has impacted my life like you, LDL and those on the message boards.

The best to you & your family,

Martha