Let's Do Lunch facebook page

Please keep an eye out here for important website updates!
Charlotte C.

Re: Let's Do Lunch facebook page

Post by Charlotte C. »

Hey Roger I was wondering if we had a facebook page. I think that is a great idea.
                                                              Blessings to you and your family,
                                                                SLLDL (Still Loving LDL) Char.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Good to see you on here, Roger.  The Facebook page certainly has morphed!  Pam
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Roger I've got you on my friends list but it looks fine.  Is there a separate page for Let's Do Lunch?  I searched Facebook but couldn't find anything.  It sounds like you have been switched over to the timeline format.  It is yucky, everyone hates it and yet Facebook is forcing it on everyone.  Can't complain with free usage can we?  :laughing:  If you'll pm me with the info I'll take a look at it for you. 

This is my business page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Peachbutter-Studio/115775545131417  It was recently *coughs* upgraded to facebooks Timeline format.  Does the Let's Do Lunch Page look like this?  If so, then I can help you organize it and understand it.  :)  Just let me know.

Blessed and Loved,
LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Yes, it appears the Let's Do Lunch Facebook page has been switched to the Timeline format.
Like LP said, nobody likes it, but it was forced on us.
Just hoping FB will come up with a better format soon since everyone is hating this.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Charlotte C.

Post by Charlotte C. »

How do I find the facebook page? Like everyone else I dont like the new timeline either.
                                                                SLLDL, Char.
jopaul

Post by jopaul »

The only thing I have found is a page for Roger Troy Wilson. I'll look again later on today.
Tina
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wRim6Wz/]

"People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. "
~Author Unknown
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

See if this link works for you to find the Let's Do Lunch Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lets-Do-L ... 2101397445

or:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lets-Do- ... 445?ref=ts
Last edited by Anonymous on May 2nd, 2012, 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

LINDA RN wrote:Yes, it appears the Let's Do Lunch Facebook page has been switched to the Timeline format.
Like LP said, nobody likes it, but it was forced on us.
Just hoping FB will come up with a better format soon since everyone is hating this.

Girl I am right there with you on this.  It's nuts and I hate the way it splits the screen.  I also don't like the fact that I miss some posts because of the way they get posted on the line. 

Blessed and Loved,
LP

Post by lulu65 »

I deleted my other post as it was not relevant to the question  Roger asked. Yes Facebook has the Time line I have gotten used to it and kind of like it...It takes a bit of getting used to like everything we learn to accept.. not always easy!
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Hi Roger,

I sent you an emails.  :)

Blessed and Loved,
LP
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

As far as I know, or have heard, Roger, the timeline cannot be reversed.
I logged in as admin and was not able to change it as I suspected.
Did find this info for you.

This is from Facebook Help:

Managing Your New Page

Why does my Page look different?

All Facebook Pages upgraded to a new design on March 30. We announced this change on February 29, and the month-long preview period is now over. Visit the Pages section of the help center to learn more about the changes.

How do I change the default landing view for people visiting my Page?

People will always see the timeline view of your Page when they visit it. Views and apps are now easy to find right below your Page's cover. You can't change the default landing view to another view or app, but you can link people directly to a particular view or app on your Page. Find the URL for a view or app on your Page in the web address bar of your browser when you visit that view or app.
Use the sharing tool at the top of your Page's timeline to create a post that links people to your app, and draw attention to the post by pinning it to the top of your Page.

We also recommend adding an icon to your custom app so that people will notice it under your Page's cover.
Last edited by LINDA RN on May 1st, 2012, 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
jopaul

Post by jopaul »

Roger,
I'm at work (Facebook is blocked). I'll check it out at home. Thanks!
Tina
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wRim6Wz/]

"People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. "
~Author Unknown
greenheron

Post by greenheron »

marysimmons wrote:I really dislike the new Timeline feature of Facebook too.  For personal FB accounts, you can opt out of opting in.  For "places" and business accounts, they changed it over automatically.  I don't think it is nearly as user-friendly as the traditional page style...

Unfortunately, I think everyone will eventually be switched over to the Timeline.  My page was changed about a month ago.  You'll always be able to change your photos, designate what info is seen by whom etc, but the Timeline itself isn't optional.  I agree...the page is hard to read, not very user-friendly.  I suppose our input has the same value as what we pay to use Facebook.  :wrong: