Message Boards have been Changed, in order to Eliminate Spam

Please keep an eye out here for important website updates!
chewy

Re: Message Boards have been Changed, in order to Eliminate

Post by chewy »

yay!this is a great change!
chewy

Post by chewy »

this is great roger!
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Roger- This new set-up is extremely difficult to navigate. I can't even retrieve my messages because I have saved 4696% of my capacity (2300 messages). I guess we can only save 2 messages. The "new" messages consist of some from 2010! I know that something new can have it's challenges, but this is ridiculous!
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

I’m certain neither Roger or Mary approved the current bunch of spammers. I am ready to abandon ship thinking I’ve gotten what I can from the boards. I doubt I can ever again retrieve my vast library of saved recipes- what a shame. I realize we receive this board at no cost, but it entirely worthless in it’s present form. I’m sorry to be so negative, but I am terribly upset with the new LDL forum. I have used up all my capacity, can't access saved information, and cannot find old posts. When I try to access information, one of those spam messages comes up instead. Seems we've lost a great deal and gained nothing! I am very upset that I've lost my lifeline!!! :( @-) :-? - to add to my negativity, these emoticons are creepy!
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Yep, did not take long for spammers to settle in again...
I am trying to read PMs so I know which ones to delete.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Does anyone know if we have spell check on the new boards?
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

So far no spell checker and no previously saved bookmarks.
Hoping the webmaster is working on it.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

I just posted a similar post to Omalani, but will put it here so our webmaster sees it. I wish the webmaster or Roger had explained that the changes were a transition and not a finished product. Or maybe they were, then they listened to our concerns. I like some of the new features, and we do seem to have many less spammers. I hope the changes are still not complete. I miss having access to my bookmarked library of recipes and sure wish I had made hardcopies of them. Spell check would sure be nice. I am no longer bothered by the new appearance of the format, however, I wish that messages would not remain in the "new" folder after I read them. I'll adjust! Thanks for listening to us and going to the trouble and expense of trying to thwart the obnoxious spammers who were hijacking our beloved boards!
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Thank you for returning the spell checker.
Restoring past bookmarks would be nice.
Also some of us really used the month view Calendar to see who will be having a birthday ahead.
Linda

Scotsgal

Post by Scotsgal »

Hi All,I posted on the new board before but wasn't published. Hiccups obviously. Looks like this new link is shaping up well,I think.I have to say that I was getting tire with the spammers. Always a concern. We don't want to be picking up 'junk' !
Thanks to all who are working tirelessly on these improvements. A new year and new loofor all of us?

A Guide New Year to yin an' a'
Happy New Year to you all!
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

I feel the same way. I lost my recipes. I copied very few of them, but should have put them on my drive. I love the boards, so I hope I can get used to it. Thanks for working on making them better. :( JF
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Our webmaster says that we will get our old bookmarks back eventually- three cheers to him!!! :ymparty:

I just realized yesterday, that although we have a Spell Check prompt, it does not work (yet?). :-?

Pam
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

This is sad. Hard to use and has taken the joy out of these boards. sorry it stinks! Judie
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

MsHeirloom wrote:Our webmaster says that we will get our old bookmarks back eventually- three cheers to him!!! :ymparty:

I just realized yesterday, that although we have a Spell Check prompt, it does not work (yet?). :-?

Pam

Really Pam? I haven't noticed that. :)) Seems to be working now! It gives me the red lines when something is misspelled. Do you mean the spell check button on the bottom?
Blessed and Loved,
LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by MsHeirloom »

I think spell check is functional now. it worked for me! Way to go!!!
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Spell check working now for me too!
Linda

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Inserting image not working for me today, then noticed I cannot Edit or modify my own posts.
Frequently I noticed mistyped words and go back in later to correct.
I liked that feature.
Tried to go into a previous post to see the code for inserting a picture in order to post a graphic for Gwennaford's Birthday and could not.
Linda