Message Boards have been Changed, in order to Eliminate Spam

Please keep an eye out here for important website updates!
LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: Message Boards have been Changed, in order to Eliminate

Post by LINDA RN »

Thanks, Roger
And I will continue to try to find a way to post as myself when I post on the LDL Facebook page.
I can make that setting on my computer but not on my phone. This is a Facebook issue so I will continue to identify myself when I post from the phone, and will limit those postings as much as possible.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

Wow, I was just thinking it was Me...I have been reading old post to re-familiarize myself with members and starting a journal at the same time. The spell check works (most times) but I don't get the red lines when errors are made while I am posting.
This is from another post in this forum:
[color=#00FF00]Really Pam? I haven't noticed that. Seems to be working now! It gives me the red lines when something is misspelled. Do you mean the spell check button on the bottom?
Blessed and Loved,
LP
..[/color]
Is anyone else getting red lines while posting without have to go to spell check?
Thank you for any and all assistance I can get on this posting stuff.
Zesti.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Yes the red squiggles are there when I misspelled a word.
It will not show up while you are typing until you finish the word and hit the space bar though.
When you put the cursor over the misspell and right click the menu gives suggestions.
Only works on my desktop computer. I cannot even reply from my smartphone.
I am running Windows 8 and have Office 2003 installed.
Shouldn't make a difference though if you used to see that spell checker on the same computer before the boards changed. Leilani set up a signature and a ticker and it only showed up a couple times and now is not there, even though you can still see it in her profile. Web design is a little out of my league right now.
Maybe in 9 years when I retire....I might take some more classes..........
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

Linda, thank you for such a fast reply. I will mispell on pourpose here. Ok, I see no red or anykind, no squiblies at all.
I am understanding it as: like my email (AOL) as I am writing emails I do get any possible misspelling an/or grammer errors. But, here I do not...
Not really a big thing for me. I will get used to it, as long as the spell check below works.
I will ask DH, he is the techie in this family :D
I do hit the spell check butten below. The words above that were "puposely misspelled, and the word anykind, did come up red..Spell check butten works just fine.
Zesti
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Well I thought I may have figured out a way to post pictures. I thought that IE 10 might be the problem, so I opened the boards in Google Chrome and reduced pictures again and again all you see is the placeholder.
Something has gone wrong recently. Wish I could help but I no longer think it is just my equipment since now one else has been able to upload and use pictures from the gallery. Looks as if until the webmaster can fix the problem, we are stuck with only being able to link our picture from another web site like Facebook.

It is a shame because Dr. Davis of Wheat Belly is making quite an impression posting all the before and after picures on his site. My niece said she finally decided to go grain free because although I talked to her about the benefits of LDL the pictures on the Wheat Belly site were soooo convincing.I suppose I could start a thread here called, "Before During and/or After Pics"
If you send me the before and after pics and a commentarty about the success of your journey I can post the pictures on a closed group LDL FB page I started before I put up the "Official" LDL Facebook page. I can use that closed group page to link the pics. All I can do is try it. Let's see how it goes.

BTW PatsyFay, I will post your pictures to that closed group and I will send you the link. See if you can paste the URL address to your profile. I will Use Wanda's and Jencita's also.
Linda

Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Thanks, Linda. :ymhug: JF